“Daytrip from Cape Town: Plan for a full day”
Review of Cape of Good Hope

Cape of Good Hope
Book In Advance
$62.77*
and up
Private Tour: Cape Peninsula and Boulders Beach Penguins Day Trip from Cape Town
$85.24*
Full-Day Cape Point and Peninsula Tour from Cape Town
$62.00*
Half-Day Cape of Good Hope Tour from Cape Town
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed April 23, 2014

If you are planning to see the Cape on a day trip from Cape Town, plan for the whole day. I would recommend that at least one way, you do not take the highway but the coastal road. It is easy to find and to navigate. Especially the Chapman's Peak section right south of Cape Town is spectacular.
Also stop a the penguin colony at Simon's Town. Once you reach the Cape, there is the actual Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point Lighthouse (with a great view) and the actual Cape Point (about 30 minutes walk from the lighthouse). One of the greatest day trips from Cape Town.

There are newer reviews for Cape of Good Hope

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Cape of Good hope was one of my interesting place came from my high school history and geography textbooks. Also one of the place of my dream. I felt likes Vasco Dagamer when he discovered these cape. I love romantic blue ocean,white sand,fresh breeze etc,. Cape of Good hope is must see place in Cape Town.I'd like to salute my Vasco Degamer and his heroes of past.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Formerly known as the Cape of Storms due to shipwrecks the original Cape Lighthouse was ineffective in fog or mist so a new one was built. The hike here from Cape Point offers amazing views of the open seas as it is situated at the junction of earth's most contrasting water masses, the Atlantic and the Indian Oceans. It is part of the Table Mountain National Park with it's diverse habitats.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I climb on this mountain once a week.
sometimes, i don't meet anybody for hours, especially when it's a cloudy day.
yet, we are so close to the city.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I went here with a day-tour from Cape Town on our way to Cape of Good Hope. We stopped a bit into the reserve and then bycycled by the coast the rest of the way. On the way we saw baboons really close. A bit scary first because they are really BIG. The nature in this reserve is truly beautiful.