“The best place to stay in Montenegro”

Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Becici
Reviewed June 13, 2013

True 5 star place.
Rooms are great with unmatchable sea view. Wifi for free just in the lobby.
Food is 5 stars.
Drinks are 5 stars.
Spa is 5 stars, huge.
Beach is 4 star but near you may find 6 star beaches St. Stephen and Drobni pjesak.
Staff is 5 star. Very professional.
Rooftop Casino makes you a James Bond feel like.
Tennis court I liked a lot ( maybe it was because I have beat very difficult opponent ).
Ski jet ride from hotel to St.Stephen is a must, they charge something arround 50e for 30 minutes.

Room Tip: Sea view as high as possible is a must!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dlucic
MontenegroStars, General Manager at Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Dlucic,
It was a pleasure to read your positive review following your stay at the Splendid Conference & Spa Resort hotel. I am delighted that you had a memorable stay and enjoyed all aspects of it. It is so nice to hear that you believe we are one of the best and we will continue to work hard to maintain that reputation. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Sincerely Yours, Mirjana Mrkalj, General Manager

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great Hotel for families and spa weekend away! Stayed here for 4 days and used the spa everyday – there are so many swimming pools to choose from and treatments…. The spa overall was great loads of Steam rooms/ Saunas to choose from and really good service, we even had a private beach!

Downfall was location … you need a taxi to go anywhere – there was a small town about 10minutes away which was great to explore!

Food in the hotel was awful – especially the choice for Vegetarians ( ate a lot of different forms of potatoes..mashed, sautéed and chips! ) Drinks/food was expensive! We went into the old town for lunch/dinner almost everyday.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Isha A

Dear Isha A,
Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are delighted you enjoyed our Splendid Spa Center and hotel's private beach, as we pride ourselves with one of the best Spa centers in the region. We are sorry that you also had some disappointing comments to make, and we would like to reassure you that the hotel's team took good notice of your remarks and additional efforts will take place. It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Montenegro.
Sincerely Yours, Mirjana Mrkalj, General Manager

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great location, water front, heart of Becici near Budva. The room was massive and lovely, modern, super clean and the views are beautiful. From the minute you arrive at the door you can feel the 5* experience. I often avoid hotel breakfasts because the food offered is repetitive and involves eating more than I need. At this hotel you can have a huge breakfast if you want but can easily have an interesting, more healthy breakfast. Food quality is more than good. :-) The staff was very friendly, professional, and smiled a lot. The only minor complain is there is no Wi-Fi in the rooms. Maybe, is sometime good so!

Overall, a very pleasant business visit. Wouldn't stay anywhere else on Montenegro coast.Would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: No tips! I was in "standard room" Very, very good! See photo.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TripHaris
MontenegroStars, General Manager at Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear TripHaris,
Thank you for having written on Tripadvisor your feedback following your stay at Splendid Conference & Spa Resort. All your positive comments are important for us as we strive to provide excellent services for all our guests. Your review is our reward. We thank you once more and hope to welcome you again!
Sincerely Yours, Mirjana Mrkalj, General Manager.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I visited that place in relation to business meeting. Hotel is extremely big and I would compare it with a super cruiser parked on the beach in Becici. Do I like that? Personally I do not like it as I much more prefer to stay in a bit smaller hotels where you can receive that extra charm and personal contact with hosts and receive smiles. Hotel is therefore quite un-personal and you just feel that you are one among many people who they want to extract money. First about good things.

- Rooms are very big, spacious and super clean by all standards.
- Pillows are super fresh and there is no funny smells from previous visitors. I just wanted to try to find any bad things in my room but I did not. Cleaning service is doing extra special work.
- I was also amazed about the food at the hotel as this was the richest variety of food I ever experienced on any hotel around the world. Food quality is good and surely above average. Balkans is surely very much known about culinary delights.

Cons:
- at special times hotel dining place is overcrowded as it is so big. So be advised that you go to
breakfast early or late and you will be fine. Rush hour around 9am is the worst.
- dining room is so big that some times you will need to walk 50 or more meters to reach the food.
- there is no Wi-Fi in the rooms. This is the thing that should be available in 5* hotels.
- ridiculous high prices of room service,
- ridiculous high prices of regular sandwiches, snacks, burgers etc.
- ridiculous high prices of beverage and snacks in the mini bar. I traveled many places but like e.g. 4,5EUR for small bottle of coca cola is way too much. 3EUR for 2dcl of small bottle of local water. Come on? Therefore I decided to avoid to purchase any service and beverage at the hotel. It was not only me that I feel raped with the prices the hotel offers. When I see greedy prices I just can not recommend that hotel for my friends or future standing or future organization of meetings.
- Only wired connection is possible in room but be aware you will pay for that premium too. 10EUR for 24 hours. That is way overpriced. In the age of Internet and high speed connection this kind of service needs to be free of charge. There is a free internet access but you need to go to the common areas, conference area or lobby.
- high prices if you like to watch movies, but as usual I do not use that service as I do not come to hotels to watch TV or movies,
- there are also notices on many places in the room about how to behave in the hotel and that sanctions can be taken towards guests if rules are not respected e.g. walking in the bathrobe in the hotel, don't bring drinks from outside to the room. This is a little bit rude towards the guests who are paying premium prices. Are the guests of this hotel not educated enough that they need lessons?

Overall I sensed that this hotel is constructed for special type of guests that like super big resorts, guests that don't ask about the prices and pay whatever it is written in the price menu. Look who are the most common guests in Budva and you will get an answer. But I do not have anything against these guests as they are just special type of guests that demands special services and sometimes premium set prices are a +.

All in all I would conclude "thank you for staying and good bye".

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Dave S
MontenegroStars, General Manager at Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest ,
Thank you very much for having shared your recent stay at the Splendid Conference and Spa Resort on Tripadvisor. We were pleased to learn you enjoyed our services. We highly appreciate your constructive feed-back. We try very hard to provide appropriate service for ALL of our guests. Therefore, we will review everything in order to improve our performance. The Wi-Fi in the rooms is our next objective towards satisfaction of our guests.
We thank you once more and look forward receiving you in the future
Sincerely yours, Mirjana Mrkalj, General Manager.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Some negatives that really bothered me:

-no wifi in rooms, even that you could pay for. They had Internet on the TV but it was terrible and completely unhelpful for the work I need to get done on my laptop.

-no shop to get necessities and bottles of water. I like to keep a large bottle of water at all times and I had to walk down the street to get this

- very high prices for dry cleaning, food, room services etc

All that said, the room price was great given the quality of the rooms and common spaces. Given the lack of high end hotels in Montenegro this is among the best. Definitely at least four star quality by western standards. But if there were decent competitors I would have given three stars.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank JKurz2008
MontenegroStars, General Manager at Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We value all our clients' comments as they help us to improve our services.
Therefore, we will keep a closer look at the mentioned remarks. At the moment, free Wi-Fi is available only in the public areas, but we hope that we will be able to introduce it in the rooms as well.
We thank you once more and look forward to welcoming you in our hotel in the future.
Sincerely yours, Mirjana Mrkalj General Manager

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Somehow I always forget to write a review of the hotel that I have been at so many times before, both on business and on vacation. Being from Montenegro, and having been at so many hotels in it, I believe that I can be trusted if I say that this is definitely the best hotel in Montenegro.
Standard rooms are great, spacious, clean and furnished in beautiful beige wood and warm tones, beds are amazingly comfortable, with spotlessly clean bedding. Each room that I have been at so far had a balcony with pool and side sea view, and I found it very convenient and nice.There is a fantastic marble bathroom in each standard room (believe me, this "standard" is equal to "superior" or "de luxe" in most other hotels throughout the world that I have been to) with both sunken bath and a shower in it. Of course, towels are spotlessly clean and bathrobes and slippers are provided. The only thing that I found somewhat bizzare was a semi-glass wall that separates the batroom from the room - you can see it if you remove the curtain in the room, and I was explained that it was made in ordar for the guests to be able to watch TV while being in the bathtub. I haven't tried that to be honest, but it is strange that the curtain is actually operated from the room and not from the bathroom, which is not very convenient if you are with children there, I guess, as they can remove it at any time and see whatever it is that you are doing in the bathroom.
I was very happy with the service, perhaps because I am local and speak Montenegrin. I noticed that the level of the knowledge of English among staff could be better, although they all seem to have mastered Russian well, probably due to a great number of Russian guests coming there. Food was delicious, in fact it is constantly good.
Spa centre is simply amazing, as well as their conference facilities, which I have used even on this occassion. Above all, there is an amazing hotel beach, long, sandy and well maintained, which is a part of Becici beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in Montenegro. All in all, this is an amazing hotel that I always look forward to going back to.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dragon_girl67
MontenegroStars, General Manager at Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor and for the time you dedicated to us.
It is a pleasure for the hotel's personnel to learn that our clients enjoyed their stay.
We hope to welcome you in our hotel on many more occasions.
Sincerely yours, Mirjana Mrkalj General Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is impressive, large and situated right on the beach.
Stayed there for the New Year's package 2012/2013.
Services great (some waiting but the hotel was packed so no issues about it), food also great - liked the great breakfast choice.
The wi-fi does not work in the rooms but does in other guest areas.
Smoking is allowed in the lobby of the hotel.
Pool area great (indoor and outdoor, can spend the whole day there).
It is a bit away from the city center (Budva) but the taxis are so cheap there that we were using them all the time back and forth the city,
Prices are a bit high for the stay, but try to watch for some special promos, our package included 3 nights in double room + breakfast and the cost was 210 EUR per pax for the three nights.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Becici
Hotel Montenegro Beach Resort
Mediteran Hotel & Resort
Hotel Budva
Hotel Budva
#3 of 25 in Budva

Been to Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!