I visited that place in relation to business meeting. Hotel is extremely big and I would compare it with a super cruiser parked on the beach in Becici. Do I like that? Personally I do not like it as I much more prefer to stay in a bit smaller hotels where you can receive that extra charm and personal contact with hosts and receive smiles. Hotel is therefore quite un-personal and you just feel that you are one among many people who they want to extract money. First about good things.
- Rooms are very big, spacious and super clean by all standards.
- Pillows are super fresh and there is no funny smells from previous visitors. I just wanted to try to find any bad things in my room but I did not. Cleaning service is doing extra special work.
- I was also amazed about the food at the hotel as this was the richest variety of food I ever experienced on any hotel around the world. Food quality is good and surely above average. Balkans is surely very much known about culinary delights.
- at special times hotel dining place is overcrowded as it is so big. So be advised that you go to
breakfast early or late and you will be fine. Rush hour around 9am is the worst.
- dining room is so big that some times you will need to walk 50 or more meters to reach the food.
- there is no Wi-Fi in the rooms. This is the thing that should be available in 5* hotels.
- ridiculous high prices of room service,
- ridiculous high prices of regular sandwiches, snacks, burgers etc.
- ridiculous high prices of beverage and snacks in the mini bar. I traveled many places but like e.g. 4,5EUR for small bottle of coca cola is way too much. 3EUR for 2dcl of small bottle of local water. Come on? Therefore I decided to avoid to purchase any service and beverage at the hotel. It was not only me that I feel raped with the prices the hotel offers. When I see greedy prices I just can not recommend that hotel for my friends or future standing or future organization of meetings.
- Only wired connection is possible in room but be aware you will pay for that premium too. 10EUR for 24 hours. That is way overpriced. In the age of Internet and high speed connection this kind of service needs to be free of charge. There is a free internet access but you need to go to the common areas, conference area or lobby.
- high prices if you like to watch movies, but as usual I do not use that service as I do not come to hotels to watch TV or movies,
- there are also notices on many places in the room about how to behave in the hotel and that sanctions can be taken towards guests if rules are not respected e.g. walking in the bathrobe in the hotel, don't bring drinks from outside to the room. This is a little bit rude towards the guests who are paying premium prices. Are the guests of this hotel not educated enough that they need lessons?
Overall I sensed that this hotel is constructed for special type of guests that like super big resorts, guests that don't ask about the prices and pay whatever it is written in the price menu. Look who are the most common guests in Budva and you will get an answer. But I do not have anything against these guests as they are just special type of guests that demands special services and sometimes premium set prices are a +.
All in all I would conclude "thank you for staying and good bye".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the small town of Bečići in Montenegro, Splendid Conference & SPA Resort was opened in 2006 as the first 5 stars hotel on the eastern coast of the Adriatic sea. Hotel Splendid is situated 2 kilometers from the tourism capital of Montenegro - Budva - right at the seafront, with its own private beach. The hotel has 322 superior rooms, most of them with sea view, as well as 4 Junior and 13 Wellness suites, a Penthouse and a Presidential suite for VIP guests. Our hotel has four bars and three restaurants of different cuisines, the largest SPA centre in Montenegro and the Casino Royal. Splendid Conference & SPA Resort has the largest conference venue in Montenegro. The venue can host up to 800 people. Hotel Splendid offers several modern halls and syndicate rooms with beautiful decoration and all the necessary technical equipment, suitable for business events, but also for weddings, gala dinners or family celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Splendid Conference And Spa Resort
- Splendid Hotel Becici
- Splendid Conference Hotel
- Splendid Hotel Budva
- Splendid Conference Becici
- Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort Montenegro/Becici