Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsjapanese restaurantstar hotellight switchesturn down servicemain restaurantrooms are bigsea viewold townthe hotel offersspa resortprivate beachspent a weeknice beachbreakfast and dinnerrelaxing holidayindoor poolsveti stefan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2012

reception staff not very helpful (requests for pickup, taxi, stamps etc.). room safe stayed open one day, but nothing was stolen. i became sick from their food (canteen atmosphere).

Room Tip: seasight great, backside noise from the tennis court
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank rklac
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Just back from a 3 night stay at this hotel! First time in Montenegro and had no choice in venue!

Hotel is outside (far-side) the resort of Budva, which is the main resort in Montenegro.

I pre booked a private taxi, which took about 25mins and cost 84 Eur (return), I would recommend just getting a taxi outside of the airport.

Hotel has a grand entrance and consists of several buildings. Reception/check are all fine.

There is a large lobby, which is the hub of the hotel, with bar, Paul Stark shop and cigar shop.

I was on the 5th floor, which is above reception and had a large room with a sea view/balcony.

The rooms are large well equipped and modern, though without tea making/water/trouser press or iron. I had a fantastic view overlooking the bay and hills.

TV had Sky news and other channels. Lights and switches in the room are a bit confusing, with one of the switches for do not disturb or tidy room.

Breakfast is on the second floor in a canteen style restaurant and food is self service with plenty of choice. I think if I had my kids with me, they would have struggled for something suitable to eat and I think the food has room for improvement.

Back in the lobby service is good, friendly and quick. Coffee cost 2.50 Euro and local beer 3.50 Euro. This is dear by Montenegro standards! There are plenty of staff ( maybe too many) on hand and mostly are quite friendly English speaking. They will ask if you are paying cash or room charge every time. There is free wifi only in lobby and conference area and works well.

Some (few) staff were not so friendly and did just what they had to. Other formal talk there is no real chat with any of the staff and I think this an area they could improve on.

Conference floor is on 3rd floor and is fine. Spa is in a different building and is well equipped, gym, pools and treatments. I had a treat massage, which I didn't think was great or worth the 99 Euros!

The town is a 5 Euro taxi ride away from the hotel and worth visiting for restaurants and shops.

There are several restaurants in the old town and I went by the number of diners in them. The shops are nothing to get excited about and you will not get anything special in them.

Cash is Euro, things are generally cheaper than the rest of Europe, tourism is evolving and overall a safe place to be.

We had a problem with pre payment. You need to send a copy of payment card and ID from the card holder!!!

Tips - Just have breakfast in hotel and dine out. Tobacco is cheaper in hotel and town. ( e.g 22 Euro for 200 Marlborough Lights)

Airport is basic and is not far from hotel.

Will I be back... Montenegro is a small Country, so unlikely I would have a family holiday there, but if on business I would stay again in this hotel, which is more a good 4* than 5*

Room Tip: 5th floor is above reception. I stayed in room 528, which was v good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NITraveller
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I would like to express my appreciation of the exemplary service we received during our recent stay at the :"Hotel Splendid- conference & spa resort-Becici- Montenegro",

Every staff member we met were friendly, courteous and knowledgeable.

They all went above and beyond to ensure that we would have a wonderful and unforgettable stay.

Thank you again for your considerate service.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jack_Dagan
Reviewed February 1, 2012

This is probably the most luxurious hotel in Budva but I was not impressed. there is a long way to be qualified as a 5 star hotel. A luxurious room is simply not enough. Personnel needs to be trained properly on how to deal with clients.

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank ALMI64
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Our room was spacious, clean and on the 9th floor, with an awesome view over the bay. We were on half board and the buffet style breakfast and dinner were excellent. We counted over 60 options (starters, mains & deserts) for dinner. The heat wave of Aug '11 showed how well the hotel was air conditioned. Great outdoor pool (too hot to think of using indoor pool). They have their own section of beach, with plenty of beds/umbrellas (always got a spot) & a beach bar serving drinks and food. Although we only heard 4 other guests speaking English, all of the staff we encountered (& there are plenty of them), spoke English well and provided an excellent and friendly service. The only problem we found with Becici and Budva is a Montenegran love of loud techno music (every bar, beach bar, tourist shop blasts it out), but I can't blame the hotel for that. Overall it was on a par with the best Italian hotels we have enjoyed, but at about two thirds the price. We are definitely coming back.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor 8th or 9th (Casino is on 10th), facing the bay. You'll get a brilliant view and stay above much of the noise coming from the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family