“Not great at all”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Becici
London, England
“Not great at all”
Reviewed October 30, 2008

I came in low season, so the room rate was €105 mountain view, €112 sea view.

For work purposes I needed internet, so before I booked a room I inquired whether there was internet in the rooms. I was assured that of course there was. I go up to my room to discover that my computer can't even detect a wireless signal. Back to reception who tells me that wireless only works for the 1st and 2nd floors, which are fully booked. So they hand me a cable to plugin and connect. Doesn't work. I call and ask them to send someone up to fix it. 15 minutes later, nobody. I call again. They say they are sending up someone "immediately", but I waited at least another 15 minutes before anyone showed up. And guess what? He couldn't fix it either. He blamed my laptop, which after a month of travel had no problems connecting in about 10 different hotels, and assured me that the network was fine.

The othe major, major issue was dinner. Literally, I can't recall a worse dinner at a hotel in recent memory, let alone at a "four star". I honestly think the food at my university canteen is better. It was a buffet, and I discovered that I really couldn't eat any of it, so I basically just donated €15 to the hotel and left with practically an empty stomach. An absolute DISASTER.

The plus sides of the hotel: the lobby is spacious, sleek and modern (though don't let it fool you, as other parts of the hotel aren't nearly as attractive - in fact in parts the wall paper is peeling, and it looks positively derelict), but the best thing about the hotel is its facilities. The spa and gym facilities are good. They have a swimming pool, various types of sauna, and a relaxing area among other things. My room was acceptable, pretty run of the mill but no real problems (apart from no internet).

There are many hotels in this part of Montenegro, and while I haven't stayed at any of them I'm sure there are better places to stay than this.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank RamblingRambler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2008

Firstly, don't go expecting style and elegance. It's a very big tourist hotel, purpose-built and functional. The bar/lounge area is really just an extension of the foyer and feels a bit like an airport waiting lounge. That said, most of what this hotel does it does very well.

The rooms are huge and comfortable. The whole place is spotlessly clean; everywhere you go in the hotel you see people cleaning! The staff are not overly friendly but they are efficient, hardworking and can not do enough to help you.

The food in the self-service restaurant is very good, plenty of choice and some Montenegrin specialities alongside the typical "international" cuisine. It can get very busy though so you're dodging people on the way to and from your table.

The hotel has its own beach but we felt that 15 euros for two beds and an umbrella was a bit much. The beach is accessed down a long flight of steps which is something for elderly or disabled guests to bear in mind - our brochure did not mention this.

The guests when we went were mainly East European or British.
Except for reception the staff did not speak much English but it never caused us any problems.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — Not a very homely atmosphere
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank gproyd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Becici
Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort
#4 of 10 in Petrovac
Regent Porto Montenegro
Regent Porto Montenegro
#1 of 9 in Tivat Municipality

Been to Queen of Montenegro? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Queen of Montenegro

Property: Queen of Montenegro
Address: Narodnog fronta bb, Becici, Budva Municipality 85316, Montenegro
Location: Montenegro > Budva Municipality > Becici
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
#2 Romantic Hotel in Becici
#3 Luxury Hotel in Becici
#3 On the Beach Hotel in Becici
Hotel Class:4 star — Queen of Montenegro 4*
This modern luxurious four-star hotel is located on a beautiful panoramic site in Becici. It is only 4 km away from the Montenegrin metropolis of tourism – Budva. The hotel’s structure includes: 227 rooms, 9 luxurious residents apartments, the main show kitchen restaurant, VIP restaurant a la carte, tavern, bars, beach bar and restaurant, indoor and outdoor swimming pool on a spacious terrace with the most stunning view to the Becici beach, private beach organized and equipped according to the highest standards, wellness center, casino, conference halls and sport field. With its rich facilities, good service and cozy atmosphere, this hotel represents one of the most pleasant places on the Montenegrin coast. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Queen of Montenegro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Queen Of Montenegro Hotel Becici