I came in low season, so the room rate was €105 mountain view, €112 sea view.
For work purposes I needed internet, so before I booked a room I inquired whether there was internet in the rooms. I was assured that of course there was. I go up to my room to discover that my computer can't even detect a wireless signal. Back to reception who tells me that wireless only works for the 1st and 2nd floors, which are fully booked. So they hand me a cable to plugin and connect. Doesn't work. I call and ask them to send someone up to fix it. 15 minutes later, nobody. I call again. They say they are sending up someone "immediately", but I waited at least another 15 minutes before anyone showed up. And guess what? He couldn't fix it either. He blamed my laptop, which after a month of travel had no problems connecting in about 10 different hotels, and assured me that the network was fine.
The othe major, major issue was dinner. Literally, I can't recall a worse dinner at a hotel in recent memory, let alone at a "four star". I honestly think the food at my university canteen is better. It was a buffet, and I discovered that I really couldn't eat any of it, so I basically just donated €15 to the hotel and left with practically an empty stomach. An absolute DISASTER.
The plus sides of the hotel: the lobby is spacious, sleek and modern (though don't let it fool you, as other parts of the hotel aren't nearly as attractive - in fact in parts the wall paper is peeling, and it looks positively derelict), but the best thing about the hotel is its facilities. The spa and gym facilities are good. They have a swimming pool, various types of sauna, and a relaxing area among other things. My room was acceptable, pretty run of the mill but no real problems (apart from no internet).
There are many hotels in this part of Montenegro, and while I haven't stayed at any of them I'm sure there are better places to stay than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern luxurious four-star hotel is located on a beautiful panoramic site in Becici. It is only 4 km away from the Montenegrin metropolis of tourism – Budva. The hotel’s structure includes: 227 rooms, 9 luxurious residents apartments, the main show kitchen restaurant, VIP restaurant a la carte, tavern, bars, beach bar and restaurant, indoor and outdoor swimming pool on a spacious terrace with the most stunning view to the Becici beach, private beach organized and equipped according to the highest standards, wellness center, casino, conference halls and sport field. With its rich facilities, good service and cozy atmosphere, this hotel represents one of the most pleasant places on the Montenegrin coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Queen of Montenegro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen Of Montenegro Hotel Becici
- Queen Of Montenegro Budva
- Queen Of Montenegro Becici