Had we not had a power cut midway through our stay, this would be a very different and much more positive review, and had our Tour Operator (Balkan) been more understanding when we complained upon our return, then this again would be significantly more positive.
In general we were happy with the hotel: food was excellent, rooms OK, hotel was clean and until the power cut the only negatives were the lack of sunbeds by the pool (unless you got up 6.30am) and not enough waiting staff in the bar in the evening - neither enough to ruin a holiday.
The power cut however changed things: there was no back up power (we were told that the generator hadn't been tested for a few months (!!) and this meant that there was NO EMERGENCY LIGHTING in the corridors or stairwells. As this happened at 10.15 at night, we had one of our children with us, with the other already back in the room and so had a very anxious trek back to the room in pitch black, trying to avoid obstacles like closed firedoors and fire extinguishers propping doors open - fortunately with no trips or falls.
When we eventually got back to our room there was not only no power (and hence no AC) but also no water. The lack of AC meant that we had to keep the outside door open which in turn meant much road noise so no sleep. Power was eventually restored in the early hours.
I complained to Toncek (GM) the next day, with particular emphasis with what would happen in a fire, and whilst he was understanding, he could not actually reassure me that this would not happen again (although he did send some fruit and cake to our room as an apology).
We did have a few more power glitches during the remainder of our stay and each time brought a minor panic on how I would get my family safely out of the hotel - clearly not the best frame of mind to relax on holiday!
I have since formally complained to both Thomson and Balkan Holidays and been assured that Balkan carry out H&S audits to ensure that this sort of thing doesn't happen. This is laughable because it DID happen and despite 3 letters now, they still insist it is safe (even though I sent pictures!).
In summary, this ruined what would otherwise have been a good holiday and we will certainly NEVER book through Balkan Holidays again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern luxurious four-star hotel is located on a beautiful panoramic site in Becici. It is only 4 km away from the Montenegrin metropolis of tourism – Budva. The hotel’s structure includes: 227 rooms, 9 luxurious residents apartments, the main show kitchen restaurant, VIP restaurant a la carte, tavern, bars, beach bar and restaurant, indoor and outdoor swimming pool on a spacious terrace with the most stunning view to the Becici beach, private beach organized and equipped according to the highest standards, wellness center, casino, conference halls and sport field. With its rich facilities, good service and cozy atmosphere, this hotel represents one of the most pleasant places on the Montenegrin coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Queen of Montenegro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen Of Montenegro Hotel Becici
- Queen Of Montenegro Budva
- Queen Of Montenegro Becici