“Queen of the bay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Becici
United Kingdom
“Queen of the bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a fabulous mini holiday at the Queen of Montenegro hotel. We had room 002 which had lovely views of the garden, the bay and sea view. Everywhere was spotless and cleaned daily, we have no complaints on the cleanliness of the hotel. The staff were extremely pleasant and attentive. Out of all the hotels along the Becici bay, this hotel seemed the best to us, as it was across the road from the beach and away from the crowds. There is a convenient pathway and bridge from the hotel to the beach front (may be awkward or difficult if walking is an issue for you).
We would recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tirre
Queen_of_Montenegro, General Manager at Queen of Montenegro, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of myself and my team, I would like to thank you for your nice review about our hotel. Your comments are of great importance and value, giving us the strength to continue in the same direction and always strive to be even better.

We are looking forward to your next visit!

Best regards from Becici,
Toncek Remec

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel I have to say is lovely and had great views of the Becici Bay, but the staff really did let it down - giving us a real negative experience.
The staff never smiled, said hello - very robotic which made us feel very unwelcome.
Maybe this is just the culture in this part of the world but this was sure an experience we won't want to go through again.
Another reason could be the real lack of English from every worker, but that is NOT an excuse to not appear hospitable, it really was Shocking!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 102202
Dear guest,

I kindly thank you for your comments about your experience while staying at Queen of Montenegro hotel.
Having in mind that me and my management team work a lot on training all our personnel, especially those who are in direct contact with our guests, I am extremely sorry to find out that you were not satisfied with the service at our hotel. On the other side, I am glad you liked the hotel facilities and its location.
I sincerely hope we will have the precious opportunity to host you some other time again and change your impression about us.

Kind regards from Becici,
Melrose, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had room 522 on the fifth floor which was spacious and had an excellent view of the mountains, gardens and the beautiful cove below. The glass patio doors to the very small balcony and the clear perspex around the balcony was filthy when I arrived and remained that way throughout my stay. The perspex surrounding the balcony meant that it had no privacy at all. The filth was glaringly obvious to me every time I entered the room and so the domestic staff must have been aware of it too but no attempt was made to clean it. The bed was very uncomfortable for me but that is probably due to my bad back. Pillows are so lumpy! I eventually was in so much pain I asked for a different kind of pillow on my last night and this was provided and helped so much so I wish I had asked sooner. The balcony was pretty dusty from the building work going on nearby. The bathroom though had cigarette burns around the bath and a permanent bad smell which was not resolved after I reported it. I read a review from an earlier guest who had commented on the size of the towels and I see what he meant! Much too small to be functional and again old and scratchy. Guests have to visit the Spa and leave a 50 euro deposit to rent a small, scratchy and not luxurious robe - although robes are advertised as being provided in guest rooms. Take care that you don't fall like I did out of the very slippy bath and land on the floor as there is a sharp and therefore dangerous glass shelf running the length of the wall beneath the basin. The old and creaky sunloungers around the pool are in an appalling state and should have been thrown out long ago. The pool was very nice indeed but not heated and so very cold. I would have used the indoor pool during my five days of rain and thunder but it was not attractive at all and just sat there as a neglected space. The pool area on a sunny day was never busy even though the hotel seemed well occupied. The towels that guests were required to leave a 10 euro deposit on were scratchy, old and small. The coffee is good, the cocktails cheap and the staff very courteous and helpful. The dining room had a canteen feel about it with tables too close together and it all reminded me why I dislike buffet service. The food was very fresh but cooked to pulverisation. This might have been a cultural thing. The meat was of high quality though and the selection of food wide, although it was beginning to be monotonous after a week. There are many lovely spaces with various seating arrangements throughout the hotel and guests made use of these to access the internet. I had some difficulty with internet access in my room and someone came straight up with a cable which was excellent service. Lots of cleaning going on all the time and there were four fast lifts with virtually no delays for guests which was great. The library of books was very nice but the books are mostly in German. There is a small shop. I only used the Spa to get a robe and towel twice so cannot comment on that.

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a sea view when I arrived and was told that I couldn't have one as the h...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marilyn C
Queen_of_Montenegro, General Manager at Queen of Montenegro, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Your review is of huge importance for us. I am very happy to read about your nice stay at our hotel as well as to find out about any aspect you did not prefer that much.

We aim to provide the best quality and service for our guests. In that sense, we always purchase the hotel’s professional amenities and equipment, including the high quality cotton towels and bathrobes. Having that in mind, I am very sorry you've found our towels and bathrobes to be old and scratchy. Moreover, I would like to point out that all towels are standard hotel dimensions and bathrobes are available in all sizes from small to XX large.

On behalf of myself and housekeeping staff, please receive my kindest apologies for any inconvenience you experienced by filthy glass at balcony, which was not cleaned due to the bad weather conditions which you are already aware of.

At the end, I am sincerely sorry that you could not fully enjoy our indoor and outdoor swimming pool area, but I hope to your future visit and better weather conditions which will definitely make your impression about our hotel even much nicer.

Kind regards,

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Nice hotel, spacious rooms, friendly and service-minded staff, nice pool area, good coffee, lovely view, very good beach with nice little cafe. On the downside poor air conditioning, food and internet connection so-so, 50 euro deposit to get bathrobe (in a spa hotel with pool....?!!), too close to noisy road. But all-in-all very good value for money - definitely recommended!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ellie M
Hertford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had such a good time during the four days I stayed here I'm happy to give it four stars in spite of a handful of small niggles. The worst aspect was that although it was very hot weather during our stay the aircon was not working in the bedrooms despite many mentions of this. In desperation we finally slept with the balcony door open and as a result the room was very noisy with traffic.
The balcony was very nice with a table and chairs but with absolutely no privacy from the room either side.
We were in Room 524 which had the most peculiar toilet on a slant, giving you the feeling you were about to tip off to one side, I was anxious it was about to crash to the ground during our stay.
Towels were okay except the smaller size, far too small to use for a woman's hair towel. The bathroom was very clean and there are loads of surfaces to spread out on.
I didn't like the breakfast Musak. but the food at breakfast and dinner was outstanding, and the staff were friendly and helpful throughout the hotel. I loved the "take and leave a book" room, a very good idea.
The hotel's beach was brilliant, clean and a very large area with loungers and parasols. A very short stroll away from the hotel over a little bridge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank fourviolets
Castletownbere, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here for a week and found the hotel and its staff to be first class. The staff were not in your face, but were always on hand when you needed them. The hotel it self is spotless and the rooms are likewise. They serve a wide variety of food and cater for all tastes, their breads are just fantastic. The swimming pool and surrounding area was also immaculate and the gardens were neatly kept, the beach and beach bar were the same. Could not fault this hotel and we will definitely be back. Thanks to all the staff for a totally enjoyable and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chuckcronin
Tirana, Albania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Me and my husband have been there for the weekend. the rooms were generaly ok, clean and amost equipped with the main things you need. what impressed us most was the odours of the restorant coming in to our room (which was in the 1 floor) every meal, something not normal for a 4 stars hotel. I also was so dissapointed with the wellness center. the girls at the reception of the wellnes were so unfriendly and it seemed like they were bothered every time I asked for the reservation, or different alernatives they had, in the end I decided not to do anything, even though I had prepaid for the service. so in general it was a nice hotel, but these details will make us not to go there a second time

Room Tip: do not accept rooms in the first floor, odors from the restorant comes into the room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mami m
Queen_of_Montenegro, General Manager at Queen of Montenegro, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear guest,

We highly appreciate your precious review concerning your recent stay at our hotel. Also, I must point out that we are deeply sorry to find out that you will not stay with us again.

I kindly ask you to receive our sincere apologies for your unpleasant experience which was caused by malfunction of our ventilation system last week. Fortunately, this problem has been successfully solved this week. Apart from this, we regret that you did not have the chance to try out our massages done by our professional team of highly skilled physiotherapists although you and your husband had the confirmed appointments.

On behalf of our management and myself, once again I would like to express our sincere apology..

We still hope you will visit us some time again and your experience will be much nicer!

Kind regards,

Toncek Remec
Also consider these accommodations in or near Becici
Hotel Splendid Conference & Spa Resort
#6 of 8 in Becici
Hotel Budva
Hotel Budva
#6 of 24 in Budva

Been to Queen of Montenegro? Share your experiences!