We had a very interesting experience at Vallarta Gardens. Upon arriving to the complex, we discovered that the resort is most definitely not in Puerto Vallarta, but is actually out in the middle of nowhere. The surrounding area did not seem like the safest place to be and there were no restaurants within walking distance. So, if you think that you will be going to the heart of Puerto Vallarta, you will not. It is a 15-20 minutes cab ride into the city.
The resort itself is absolutely gorgeous. The grounds are immaculate and the pools are beautiful. The villas are beautiful at first glance, but upon further inspection could use a serious amount of maintenance and improvements. Our dishwasher did not work (which seems to be a common complaint) and we actually ended up finding a dead mouse in it on the second day, which explained the yucky smell in the kitchen. They came to "fix" it, but it was never actually fixed and ended up leaking all over the floor. We, too, ended up having to hand wash dishes everyday. Many of the outlets did not work, none of our outside lighting worked and there are not enough plates/utensils for the amount of people that the villas hold.
Perhaps the biggest thing that I think you should be aware of when traveling to this resort is the lack of access to food. There is only one restaurant on the property, and although the food is good, there is a limited selection and it is not open for breakfast (there is NOTHING to eat or get to eat for breakfast if you do not have your own food). You will quickly get sick of eating quesadillas and tacos for lunch and dinner every day. You pretty much have to plan on making a trip into the city to do some major grocery shopping for your trip and you will likely end up cooking a large portion of your meals. If this does not sound appealing to you, this is not the place to go.
Like I said, the grounds are gorgeous and we ended up here because we purchased a deal through Eversave (which advertised that it was in Puerto Vallarta) and the price could not be beat. However, if I had paid full price for this vacation I would have been really disappointed due to the lack of food choices, the sketchy location and the list of maintenance issues that kept arising.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new hotspot in the Pacific Ocean Vallarta Gardens Hotel, located in the heart of Riviera Nayarit in the quiet fishing village La Cruz De Huanacaxtle, provides the perfect setting for an unforgettable experience. Only about 14 miles from Puerto Vallarta's international airport (30 minutes) and 2 miles from the Marina Riviera Nayarit, the resort features gorgeous gardens and tranquil areas where the worries of everyday life just melt away. Vallarta Gardens Hotel offers the opportunity to vacation like never before. Its fully equipped units, decorated to the highest standards of design, excellent service, unique culinary offerings and exclusive amenities promise an exceptional stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vallarta Gardens, A Boutique Private Residence Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vallarta Gardens Hotel La Cruz De Huanacaxtle
- Vallarta Gardens Resort And Spa
- Vallarta Gardens, A Boutique Private Residence Club Mexico/La Cruz De Huanacaxtle