“WorthThe Drive From Puerto Vallarta”
Review of Eva`s Brickhouse - CLOSED

Eva`s Brickhouse
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Private waterfront dining experience for parties of 4 or more, smaller parties are also welcomed to spend an evening enjoying freshly prepared 5-course meals in one of two private water front dining rooms. Seating is limited to 12 guests per evening. Reservations must be made at least one day in advance. To better understand what dining at Eva's Brickhouse is like please read the experience others in the Trip Advisor Family have shared in their reviews since the restaurants concept was changed in April of 2014.
Reviewed January 10, 2016

We dined at Eva's Brickhouse on Christmas Eve, it was our third year in a row. By we, I mean my Wife Lucy, our Daughter Geri, our Son-In-Law Robert and our Grandson Jack. We have added Eva's as a family tradition in the same manner that we travel to Puerto Vallarta each year to celebrate Christmas and New Year. Of all the restaurants we visit in the PV area, I must put Eva's in the category of "true dining" rather than just "going for dinner".

On our Christmas Eve this year, we were greeted by the owner of Eva's, Kent's house dog and pal Max. Max was being visited by his pal Odie. Kent was not far behind. He greeted us warmly and with the feeling of family. His energy is beyond compare and his enthusiasm for the happiness and contentedness for his guests is beyond compare.

After a short visit and a reuniting, Kent started his presentation of our five course dinner. We started with a Caesar Salad that was fresh, crisp and had a wonderful dressing. This was followed by a pasta with a light, chunky tomato and garlic sauce. Next came some tender and juicy, pit smoked Baby Back Ribs. The sauce was smokey and added flavor to the pork rather than covering it up. This was followed by a beautiful and luscious grilled Dorado. The meal ended with a treat of all treats. This being a Mango and Grand Marnier Cheesecake. Of our five courses, the Caesar Salad, Pit Smoked Baby Back Ribs, and the Grand Marnier Cheesecake all stood out as the best ever, just as many other reviewers have stated. The chef came to our table before each course and explained how each dish was to be prepared and with what ingredients would be used. Our dinner was served with a delightful wine that accompanied each dish very well. In April of 2014, the owner decided to change his method of operation and offer a five course dinner rather than a menu driven option.

As amazing as the dishes are, there are many other aspects of the restaurant which when seen as a whole, make to create a dining experience like no other. When you arrive, each member of the party is greeted with warmth and enthusiasm. The tables are very unique. Each is cut from a single four inch thick piece of wood. The settings, along with two colored wine glasses with candles in them keep up the standard but the centerpiece of multi-colored roses picked from the garden, and masterfully arranged takes it over the top.

The walls of Eva's are adorned with beautiful and artistic photos printed on canvas and framed, which were taken by the owner who also took photos of us as we enjoyed our experience within our beautiful surroundings. Kent attached the photos of us to a thank you email he sent to me. I found this to be a very nice touch and a friendship mark. I will attempt to attach the photos to this review.

During our time at Eva's, we enjoyed the beautiful views of the harbor which fronts it. The arched brick interior of the restaurant, which is lighted by candles in sconces all around the room, gives a warm ambiance and projects a level of comfort far beyond what one would think a restaurant was capable of. There is one rule at Eva's, that is the guests are never hurried or rushed. We must have stayed and hour or more after we had finished dining, visiting and laughing with the owner. He shared some hysterical stories of his life experiences with us; it was like a comedy show in itself, and a really good one.

Here is the kicker. The manager, waiter, bartender, wine steward, bus boy, chef and his kitchen staff which prepares the five course dinner on the spot, and the entertaining owner as far fetched as it may seem, are all the same person...his name is Kent and if that wasn't enough amongst other hats he dawns, he is also the brick layer, the gardener and the cleaning lady.

Before we left, I made a reservation for Christmas Eve, 2016. I truly hope that Kent stays in business for a long time so many other lucky people may partake in his courtesy, friendliness, and above all, the excellent offerings he prepares with gusto and pleasure. Oh, and don't forget being able to visit with the playful Max.

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2016

ATTENTION TRIP ADVISOR MEMBERS!
In order to appeal to a larger percentage of Trip Advisors members and readers who vacation in the area I have selected to serve 4-course meals rather than five. I have also lowered the price per meal accordingly.
Guests will still enjoy dining with their family and or friends in one of the two private waterfront dining rooms as the seating will remain limited to two tables at any given time.
David, it was once again a pleasure to host you and your charming family. Thank you for posting such a nice review about your evening at Eva’s. I will look forward to next Christmas Eve when we share our 4th in a row.

Reviewed January 6, 2016

The beautiful location overlooking the sailboats in the harbor and the excellent service and quality throughout our meals at Eva's were just what we wanted for my birthday in Mexico this year. Every one of the five courses served was delicious and obviously made from the freshest ingredients. We started with a BBQ ribs appetizer, followed by perhaps the best Caesar salad I've ever had, then perfectly-cooked homemade raviolis and a large portion of dorado (mahi-mahi) plank-grilled with rosemary and other herbs. Dessert was a Grand Marnier cheesecake which I could not complete as I ate every bit of all the other courses. Kent was attentive, charming, and a wonderful host. Very happy!

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2016

Annie,
Thanks for selecting Eva’s Brickhouse for your special birthday dinner, it was a pleasure to host the two you.
I had thought you may call and reschedule for another night due to the storm but was happy and honored you did not. You guys were the first to dingy in from their mooring through a torrential rain storm to dine at my restaurant and also the first to arrive with change of dry clothes to slip into upon your arrival.
I hope you are enjoying beautiful weather as you sail down to Zihuatanego and am looking forward to seeing you guys and hearing about your adventure when you return in a couple of months.
Thanks being so thoughtful for posting such a nice review.
Bon Voyage,

Reviewed January 1, 2016 via mobile

Everything began in the summer when My Family and I came to bucerias, a lot of people recomend me Eva's Brick House so I call and spoke with Kent the Owner, by that time the restaurant was close for remodeletion. We return to bucerias for christmas vacations and i call again and spoke with Kent and tell him that we want to go there the 31st to welcom the 2016. He told me that he had a 5 course meal and that he only recive 1 or 2 tables each nigth because he likes to give the best by preparing everything at the moment by himself.
So yesterday we went there and have the most amazing food, with the full atention of Kent, who as told, cook for us each delicious course. We start with a great fresh Cesar Salad, then pasta with shrimp, the baby back ribs for 3rd course were magnificent, the star of the nigth, Espectacular Tuna Stake just seal in mesquite grill came in 4th, just 15 minutes to midnigt, when we finish it, we went out to the marina to se the fire works from all the resorts of the Bahia de Banderas it was an amazing and memorable view better than Disney. After that we went back to enjoy the best Baileys Chess Cake ever and the most fun stories from Kent who always was looking to do the best for Us. Thanks Kent
A billion % recomended.

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2016

Arturo,
Hosting your charming family on New Year’s Eve allowed me to both end the year and start my New Year on a high point. My only regret is the hour and a half we spent together after clock struck 12:00 may very well be the highlight of my entire year.
Since I changed the concept of Eva’s Brickhouse on 4-14-2014 my clients have honored me with stellar reviews in fact after many hours spent researching the finest restaurants on Trip Advisor I believe from 4-14-14 to date my humble little seaside restaurant is the highest rated in the world. Of course I am very pleased with this accomplishment but it pales in comparison to the one I am most proud of. I created a venue not for financial reward but rather one which would draw like a magnetic force those who walk with class and at the same repel those who do not. You, your family and all who have honored my restaurant with their presence over the past 21 months with the exception of two ladies and one man from Newport Beach are living proof of my greatest accomplishment.
Your reservation for 12-31-2016 at 9:00pm is in the book, I will look forward to hosting your family next New Year’s with eager anticipation.
Kent
P.S. Your ability to write in English far surpasses that of mine in Spanish but just the same next time you might want to consider using spell check… Ha, ha, ha!

Reviewed December 31, 2015 via mobile

When I was told that Eva's was a special dining experience I was skeptical. I get to travel all over the world for work and the highlight of my trips are the wonderful places I get to go and eat. My girlfriend made our reservations at the last minute (3pm) and luckily we got in for the night because Eva's only seats one table maybe two tables a night. When we got there we were warmly greeted by Kent, the owner, chef, head bottle washer, busser, etc. After a few minutes of chatter we were led to our table and the feast began. Needless to say the food was wonderful as stated many times before. What I really loved was the well timed delivery of our courses; never did we feel like the service or the food was slow. The amazing thing was how quickly time flew by, Kent's entertaining stories had us laughing and shaking our heads. This far exceed my expectations and I would highly recommend anyone that wants something different from the regular quick table turnaround to try Eva's.

Paul,
No one enjoys an evening at Eva’s Brickhouse more than I do. I was going to take the night off; in fact I had already turned down four or five reservation requests. Once I heard the elation in your ladies voice as she told me how excited you would be, I had no choice but to alter my plans because there could be no way I would pass on the opportunity to meet the both of you.
Thank you for your complements on the cuisine I am pleased you found so much pleasure enjoying your 6 course meal, for me the most memorable part of the evening was after I served the last course when our combined laughter could be heard for two hours echoing off the water throughout the Marina.
I did detect some disappointment in her voice when I first spoke with her and informed there was not enough time for me to smoke my Baby Back Ribs but everything worked out to perfection and I was thrilled to comp you a rack when you surprised me by returning the next night to watch the fireworks and celebrate the New Year with me.
Life doesn’t get much better!
Thanks for taking the time to pen a review,

Reviewed December 31, 2015 via mobile

We loved our dining experience at Eva's. Kent's infectious smile and entertaining stories had us laughing all night long. Kent started us off with ahi poke, which was, quite possibly, the best we'd ever tasted. In between the poke and the Caesar salad, Kent told us stories about his life and his restaurant. Once the salad came, we could barely speak! Kent's Caesar is the best!!! We were then treated to shrimp, homemade ravioli, grilled dorado and finally, Grand Marnier cheesecake. This is definitely a unique dining experience. We were the only table and felt very well taken care of! Expect to take your time,listen to stories, laugh and enjoy the company of those you love.

1  Thank Lotus-viajera

Lotus,
It was my pleasure to meet, host and entertain the two of you for an evening of dining and laughter which I will not soon forget.
Thank you for writing such a flattering review.
Your new friend in Mexico,