“Just reserved for November!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eva`s Brickhouse - CLOSED

Eva`s Brickhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Private waterfront dining experience for parties of 4 or more, smaller parties are also welcomed to spend an evening enjoying freshly prepared 5-course meals in one of two private water front dining rooms. Seating is limited to 12 guests per evening. Reservations must be made at least one day in advance. To better understand what dining at Eva's Brickhouse is like please read the experience others in the Trip Advisor Family have shared in their reviews since the restaurants concept was changed in April of 2014.
Coquitlam, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just reserved for November!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We are going to be down in La Cruz with friends that have never been there before and we want to make sure that they are able to experience Eva's. Contacted Kent to make a reservation so we won't be disappointed and not be able to get in. Hopefully we will be able to get there twice during our week! As usual Kent was very accommodating and gracious. I can already taste the ravioli!

• Visited August 2014
Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Hi Holly,
I was so caught up in the renovation I forgot to write a review response, better late than never as the saying goes.
Let´s see thanks for booking early and thanks for bringing four of your friends to dine with us last weekend.
I feel blessed to have you and others who walk a similar path as my clients. There are other restaurants which are fancier, more elegant, some even employ real Chefs… but when it comes to the quality of those who patronize a restaurant all other restaurants must go sit down in the corner because in that category Eva´s Brickhouse is in a league of its own.
Enjoy the rest of your stay and I will catch you on the flip flop.
Kent
P.S. I would like to pay tribute to Trip Advisor, we now have over 4,000 registered yearly clients and of those 95% first became aware of my restaurant while visiting the Trip Advisor Restaurant Site. So Trip Advisor I tip my hat to you, without question I would not have survived without you!

Allen, Texas
“Most amazing place ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

My parents and I have been coming to Mexico for 10+ years, and out of all of the places we have been to, this place is by far the best! The owner is hilarious, funny and so friendly, and by far a phenomenal cook. The food is spectacular, and with as many choices as they have, you'll want to keep coming back and back for more. And no doubt you will be blown away by the beautiful atmosphere. Now my favorite part of the restaurant is Max-a-million, (otherwise know as Max) he is sooo much fun and one of the most amazing dogs ever. He will play with you for hours and by the end of the night he will be asleep right by your side. I love this restaurant and it is something I look forward to every year!

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Hello Ms. Carolyn,
I look forward to all my clients arriving each year but none as much as you, you my dear are my favorite!
To all out there in Trip Advisor Land although my restaurant is officially closed for the off season I make exceptions for anyone who makes a reservation two days in advance and will open exclusively for those who do.
Thanks,
Greeley, Colorado
“5 courses all 5 star!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

If you enjoy personal service and excellent food...this is the place for you. The owner, Kent, goes out of his way to accommodate your dining experience. His quaint restaurant is in a beautiful marina side location and his rose garden is stunning! The ribs he specially prepared for us were the best we've ever had...seriously! He opened his restaurant for us during the off season and prepared a 5 course amazing meal for our party of 14. Kent prepared Ceasars salad, lobster ravioli, ribs, tuna and dorado and topped this off with the creamiest cheesecake we've ever had. Plan on a 2-3 hours but it is worth it!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Cindy W
Hello Cindy and to all of you out there in Trip Advisor Land,

What a great night I had, nothing I enjoy more than welcoming 5 Star Clients into my Restaurant/Home.

Fourteen of the coolest people dining in the coolest restaurant, how can life be any better?
During the season I often get invited out with my clients but I never have the time, it was so nice of you guys to invite me over to the beautiful Villa you have rented. I will say, it was the very first time I have been invited to have some fun with new clients two days before I even met them!

For those who are not aware during the summer I open by reservation only so please email or call with a two day minimum notice. The menu in the summer is a 3 to 5 course meal so plan on being here a while. Parties of four adults to 20 are accepted and you will have the restaurant to yourselves.

Thanks Cindy for the wonderful review and I am looking forward to Saturday when I will prepare Slow Cooked Pork with all the fixings La Caja China Style for you guys and me at your Villa.
Denver
“Just go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

This quaint, unassuming place serves some of the best food I have ever had. We dined on lobster ravioli, ribs, tuna, mahi mahi and cheesecake. I have eaten at many Michelin five star restaurants all over the world and this was some of the best food I have ever had. Not to mention the service! The owner, Kent, is one in a million. He goes out of his way to make sure you are having a wonderful time at his place. Just go!

• Visited July 2014
Hello Lebelle from Denver,
One thing about my unassuming, quaint waterfront restaurant that makes it stand out amongst all others is the quality of the patrons it draws. Who would have thought that in a sleepy little village there would be a restaurant which would draw exclusively from the class of the world?
I opened my restaurant with one goal, to draw clients like you! Granted I do not make the type of money most restaurants do because I refuse to run clients through like cattle, even in the season 5 or 6 tables and that’s it. This allows me the time to prepare everything from scratch and make certain all my clients enjoy a dining experience they may never forget.
Thanks for wonderful compliments on the quality of the cuisine, it is because of you and others that traverse a similar path that I find enjoyment spending 6 hours creating a feast which I know will be appreciated.
I look forward to the time when you grace my humble home with your presence once again.
Allen, Texas
“When you're at Eva's...you're family.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

During our last trip to Mexico we ate at Eva's Brickhouse in La Cruz and it was wonderful! But we expected it to be wonderful because we always go there for a wonderful evening. We had homemade ravioli stuffed with spinach parmesian and spinach parmesian rice. But I don't know what was better...the food or the company. Kent and Max will make you feel totally at home while you look out on the La Cruz Marina. Let me say...it is wonderful!

Hello Richard,
It has been six years now since I met you, your wife and your ever so charming daughter outside of my restaurant. A day I will not forget, in the late part of June about 3:00 on one of the hottest days of the year.
You guys looked as if you had hiked across a desert and when you asked if I knew of a place where you could get something cool to drink, little did you know that your path had led you to an oasis. I cranked up the a/c and we had a ball.
You guys are not like family, you are family! It is one thing to get clients who come each year to dine and have some laughs with but I can honestly say I look forward to your two week vacation each year as much as you do.
I know I will see you on the first day and I almost pace back and forth waiting for your not so young anymore daughter to come through the door and give me a hug. You guys hold the family record for average time spent in my place, not many other come and visit for 9 hours 3 times in 12 days.
I really enjoy and cherish each moment we spend together, of course you know this and I know you get a kick out of when after you arrive within one minute I put up the closed for a private party sign.
Thanks for the review I am counting down the days until we do it again.