“Great ribs”
Review of Eva`s Brickhouse - CLOSED

Eva`s Brickhouse
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Private waterfront dining experience for parties of 4 or more, smaller parties are also welcomed to spend an evening enjoying freshly prepared 5-course meals in one of two private water front dining rooms. Seating is limited to 12 guests per evening. Reservations must be made at least one day in advance. To better understand what dining at Eva's Brickhouse is like please read the experience others in the Trip Advisor Family have shared in their reviews since the restaurants concept was changed in April of 2014.
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Owner is a neat guy and makes great ribs. Not fancy, just good food and conversation. Looks right into the marina. Little put off by the fish delivery trucks parked next door but smell does not come inside.

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thanks Jim,
I am happy to hear you purchased a place just a short walk down the beach. Next time you come down give me a heads up and I will prepare a three course Italian meal you are sure to enjoy. Last night was "Little Italy" night, I handmade a couple different types of raviolis some liguini along with three or four other authenic dishes for friends down from Brooklyn just like Mamma used to make.
Take care and say hello to the family,
Kent

Reviewed April 13, 2014

It it our third year in a row down here so we have our routine down. We threw the suitcases in the house entrance way and headed straight to Eva's Brickhouse to see our friend Kent. Before he even said hello he had two shots of his private reserve Tequila on the bar with a couple of Corona backs.

We spent the first four hours of our vacation watching the Masters at the bar, Kent brought out some ribs on the house to welcome us back to town... The best start of a vacation ever!

We are lucky to rent a house ech year 5 minutes away from the restaurant so it is easy for us to stop by every day - sometimes two or three times!

Thanks for the hospitality Kent you are the greatest!!

-Dan Gordon

Hey Dan,
I certianly got it right on the tequlia and corona's and you certainly got it right for the rest of the day. Three or four hours of the Masters, drinking, eating and telling stories and the only work I did was a little painting, as far as I am concerned I wish more of my clients would act like you guys. I just love the fact that you figured me out a couple of years ago and decided rather than bother me with your drink orders you would just go make them yourself.
I have about 15% that do that now hopefully by next season it will raise to 25% then I am going to start giving cooking classes, it would be okay with me if clients came in the restaurant sat themselves, made their drinks and cooked their own food.
I figure next year when you come down while you are making your drinks and food you also do it for another table or two and the tips you make will cover your tab. I might be on to something here!
Thanks again mi casa su casa,
Uncle Kent

Reviewed April 13, 2014

If you're looking for a relaxed but special night out, this is the place. Lovely spot, right on the water. Not the best margaritas (tasted like they'd been made with a mix) but the seafood was fresh and delicious. The highlight was the warm welcome and company of the owner, cook and waiter, Kent and his "employees" Max and Big Mama. The tuna sashimi was amazing, my grilled Mahi-Mahi was moist and flavorful. Would definitely return here again.

Thanks Jaclin for dining in our restaurant. Pleased to hear you two enjoyed your evening with us.
Kent, Max and Big Mama

Reviewed April 10, 2014

One of the best meals we've ever eaten out! Kenneth was our host, waiter, bar tender, cook and server. Primo Margherita, followed by a delicious, extraordinary spicy tuna sushi appetizer, fresh baked bread piping hot out of the oven, then a meal of slow-smoked ribs (fall-off-the-bone tender with a sweet and spicy sauce), mesquite-grilled asperagus done to absolute perfection, and a potato side dish that smoothed out the whole experience. Add to this the wonderful waterfront setting in La Cruz de Hunacaxtle, and a balmy, star-filled night. We won't soon forget this superb dining experience. Muchas Gracias, Kenneth.

1  Thank Keith P
Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Hello Keith and to all out there in Trip Advisor Land,
Thanks for the review, thanks for selecting my restaurant to dine at last Thursday, thanks for coming back in tonight, thanks for making the reservation for four for tomorrow night and lastly thanks for letting all the T.A. travelers about the quality of your dining experience.
See you in about 20 hours,
Kent

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Last November we found Eva's as we wandered around the beautiful marina area. Although they weren't officially open for lunch that day, Kent welcomed us and assured us that he could produce something tasty, which he certainly did! We had delicious smoked turkey sandwiches and melt in your mouth shrimp salads. He's an interesting guy with an extensive background in the restaurant business. Back to La Cruz in March, we headed to Eva's on St Patrick's day (not a big day in Mexico!) . Again we caught Kent by surprise but he welcomed us and again provided us with a delicious meal of ribs as he generously poured the wine. I don't know how the potato was prepared but it was awesome! It was a delightfully quiet evening. We will absolutely return when we are in La Cruz next year.

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Hi Gayle and to all out there in Trip Advisor Land,
I can honestly say it’s a two way street! Such a treat to have you guys pass through my doors.
I am very fortunate in the respect that I have the finest clientele any restaurant could ever boast, 6 years ago it was part of the Master Plan but now it is reality and I just love it!
I’d like to take this opportunity to address Trip Advisor Travelers planning to come to the area about how I operate my restaurant. Unlike most owners I choose to only serve three or four tables an evening, of course I don’t make the big money but I live a great life. Next year I plan to go all out and serve 6 or maybe even 7 tables a night.
The reason I am saying this is tonight I turned away 16 people who wanted to dine in my restaurant, as I do not advertise, the restaurant is not in a high traffic area and 98% off all who dine with me are on vacation, I am guessing most read about me on Trip Advisor.
I like Trip Advisor followers I find them to fun, outgoing and all around really cool people so I want to be sure to welcome all of them into my home, with that said I recommend making a reservation. My phone and email are listed at the top left of this page.
Thanks again Gayle and be sure to say hello to Jeff,
Kent, Max and Big Mamma