“You're family at Eva's”
Review of Eva`s Brickhouse - CLOSED

Eva`s Brickhouse
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Private waterfront dining experience for parties of 4 or more, smaller parties are also welcomed to spend an evening enjoying freshly prepared 5-course meals in one of two private water front dining rooms. Seating is limited to 12 guests per evening. Reservations must be made at least one day in advance. To better understand what dining at Eva's Brickhouse is like please read the experience others in the Trip Advisor Family have shared in their reviews since the restaurants concept was changed in April of 2014.
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The ribs, cheesecake and margaritas were all great but what you will take home from this dining experience is the feeling of family. Our family showed up to a closed restaurant that was without hesitation reopened for the night so that we could enjoy a "private" restaurant. Kent, Max, and the rest of the kitchen staff treated us like family and would recommend anyone in the area to check it out!

1  Thank Shawn C
Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Hello Shawn and all you followers in Trip Advisor Land,
Let me put it this way Shawn; This restaurant is also my home and if you and your fabulous family were to have walk in at 2:00a.m. while I was finishing my computer work at the bar, without question I would serve you.
I opened the restaurant specifically to draw the highest quality of clients any restaurant could ever boast so it would defeat my purpose to ever refuse a group like yours.
I can assure you I enjoyed the evening as much as you from the get go.
Likely the first time you walked into a restaurant and the owner asked if anyone nows how to tend bar, the four girls did a great job. I even posted the picture of them on the restaurants Facebook site.
Did my stint as Dr. Kent work out? I trust her foot healed okay.
Thanks for coming in and for writing the review. Say hello to Ellisa, Justin and the rest of the gang and tell them I said it's okay if they write me a 5 star review as well.
Until the next time,
Kent and Max

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family group of 8 had a great experience when we visited Eva’s on our final night in Mexico. Kent welcomed us into his home and made it seem like we were visiting family. Although we didn’t get to enjoy the marina view (as it was dark by the time we got there) we sat beside a large open window framed by lovely rosebushes. Kent had cut a bunch for the table, which he gave us to take home when we left. Charming and festive atmosphere, great ribs. The staff were friendly and attentive and we loved meeting Max. We will definitely go back next time we are in the area.

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Hello Backberner,
When it comes to family you guys should write a book! What a great family you have, it was an honor to meet you and entertain your family in my restaurant / home. I hope we can make this a yearly event as I really enjoy entertaining such fun and out going clients like you.
Until next time may all of your paths be lined with roses.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I stopped in on a Sunday market day. Aside from the Ribs, Kent (owner) and Max (greeter) make this a must do. The atmosphere and the view are fabulous. The ribs are great but not the best in the world-mine are! Sorry Kent :)

Hello Gmann,
If my ribs are going to be dethrowned as the world's greatest I am happy it will be by one of my clients, of course yours is but one opinion and might be a bit biast. I however have an open mind and will look forward to next year when you return to the restaurant where I will allow you the use of the kitchen so I can taste the Gmann's Ribs possibly the best in the world.
Thanks for the review, give my best to Darlene and enjoy the beautiful spring in Victoria.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The food was okay not as good as I would have thought according to the reviews. The atmosphere was nice and view was good!

2  Thank lisa196842

Hello Lisa and Trip Advisors Readers,
I guess as the old saying goes, you can't win them all!
Not everyone likes all types of food which apparently was the case here, I only wish Lisa you would have brought your dissatisfaction of whatever it was you dined on to my attention on one of the three times that I check with all tables to ensure all are happy with what they ordered. At Eva's Brickhouse if anyone is not completely happy with the meal served to them I will replace it with any other item on the menu.
As one can see by reading the reviews most are very happy, on the occassion someone is not please let me know I will gladly prepare you another dish. If you are still not satisfied then perhaps the problem is not with the food.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We happened upon Eva's Brickhouse by accident... We were kinda lost, looking for something else, that thankfully, we never found.
It was about one o'clock when we walked into this charming looking restaurant by the marina. A barefoot fellow was sitting at the bar engrossed in his computer when we sauntered in. We asked, "are you open for lunch"? And his answer, "I can be if you want me to be" and we knew we'd found a "gem" in both the man and the restaurant. Welcomed enthusiastically by Max ( the dog) whom Kent referred to as his Maître D, we sat by the rail overlooking the pretty marina vista and ordered two "cold ones". Kent is a "character" (in the best sense) and we thoroughly enjoyed his banter as we ate the most delicious smoked marlin salad and freshly baked baguettes. We can't wait to come back for dinner next year with a yen for the mahi mahi or highly acclaimed ribs! We'll bring big appetites next time. Thank you Kent and Max for one of the most enjoyable afternoons we've spent in the Bahia de Banderes area.
Karen and Brian, Calgary AB

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Hello Karen and Brian from Calgary,
I am the one who was lucky you did not reach your planned destination. Even though my clientele is amongst the finest in the world, it is always a treat to welcome more into the fold. It was a pleasure to meet, serve, cook and spend some time enjoying life with you!
I will look forward to the day our paths cross once again.
Thanks for the nice words,