“Margaritaville - Mexican Style!”
Review of Eva`s Brickhouse - CLOSED

Eva`s Brickhouse
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Private waterfront dining experience for parties of 4 or more, smaller parties are also welcomed to spend an evening enjoying freshly prepared 5-course meals in one of two private water front dining rooms. Seating is limited to 12 guests per evening. Reservations must be made at least one day in advance. To better understand what dining at Eva's Brickhouse is like please read the experience others in the Trip Advisor Family have shared in their reviews since the restaurants concept was changed in April of 2014.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We happened upon Eva's Brickhouse by accident... We were kinda lost, looking for something else, that thankfully, we never found.
It was about one o'clock when we walked into this charming looking restaurant by the marina. A barefoot fellow was sitting at the bar engrossed in his computer when we sauntered in. We asked, "are you open for lunch"? And his answer, "I can be if you want me to be" and we knew we'd found a "gem" in both the man and the restaurant. Welcomed enthusiastically by Max ( the dog) whom Kent referred to as his Maître D, we sat by the rail overlooking the pretty marina vista and ordered two "cold ones". Kent is a "character" (in the best sense) and we thoroughly enjoyed his banter as we ate the most delicious smoked marlin salad and freshly baked baguettes. We can't wait to come back for dinner next year with a yen for the mahi mahi or highly acclaimed ribs! We'll bring big appetites next time. Thank you Kent and Max for one of the most enjoyable afternoons we've spent in the Bahia de Banderes area.
Karen and Brian, Calgary AB

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Hello Karen and Brian from Calgary,
I am the one who was lucky you did not reach your planned destination. Even though my clientele is amongst the finest in the world, it is always a treat to welcome more into the fold. It was a pleasure to meet, serve, cook and spend some time enjoying life with you!
I will look forward to the day our paths cross once again.
Thanks for the nice words,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

To be honest, we first went to Eva's because there is an ATM there. Kent, the owner assisted us. We returned the next day and noticed the beautiful roses all around the restaurant. We mentioned that we were looking for a place to stay next year. Kent gave us the name and email address of a friend who might have a place to rent next year. Now how many owners would go out of their way to be so helpful while at the same time preparing a very tasty lunch?
We will certainly go back next year, not only to enjoy the delicious food but also to thank Kent for being so helpful in our quest. Thanks Kent. Next year we will bring our friends with us for lunch at the Brickhouse.

Hi Julie L,
It is always my pleasure to assist my clients in any way I can. I am happy the rental worked out for you guys and I will look forward to seeing you next year. I have many clients who rent their beachfront homes when they are not down here enjoying them. Should others be looking for the same feel free to contact me. I am not in the rental business and do not seek commissions I just put my clients together and let them work it out. I also do the same for fishing adventures and and am happy to share my knowledge of places to go and things to do while vacationing in the area.
So all you out there in Trip Advisor Land when visiting this most beautiful of areas I recommend you spend your first evening in my Seaside Restaurant so I can assist you with suggestions on how and where to spend the rest of your vacation.
At Eva's Brickhouse we are in the service industry and are not limited to merley serving the finest food in the nicest environment with a beautiful view.
Thanks for the review Julie,

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Our second year having lunch at Eva's and it was just as we remembered it the first time. Kent is a very attentive engaging person who gives his best in individual attention. He even whipped up Caesar salad for me without garlic! A true gentleman in my mind! The setting is beautiful with a great view of the Marina, complete with roses in the open window outside your table. The food was superb! Each bite is one to savour for sure! We will be heading back for dinner before we go so stay tuned......

Oh....and did I mention the dog Max? Such a good luncheon companion!!!!

Peter & Eileen (Victoria, British Columbia)

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Good Morning Eileen and Peter,
Each morning when I wake up I turn on the computer and pull up my Trip Advisor site and there is no better way to start my day than to see another client enjoyed their dining experience so much they took the time to write me a 5 star review, I just love it!
On Sunday we ended up doing about 12 tables, a busy day for us, and every table read about us on Trip Advisor. I have difficulty giving finding the words to give Trip Advisor the proper credit they deserve so I will just say there is no doubt without Trip Advisor my restaurant would have gone under long ago. So thank you again T.A. and all those working for you for the great service you provide.
Peter and Eileen I am happy you enjoyed your salad and the combo meal of Baby Back Ribs and fresh mesquite grilled Mahi Mahi.
Thanks for the nice review and I will see you soon,
P.S. Max says whoof

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Kent is an absolutely great person, and his establishment is one of a kind. His tables have a spectacular view of the Marina, and he has beautiful roses planted right next to the tables to compliment the sight. The food is outstanding and each bite is pure quality. Kent is very kind, and he will take care of your every need with great pleasure. Overall I think Kent and his adorable dog Max were the best part of the experience. He truly is a person to get to know!

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Hey John M.
Obviously you are a man of great charcter who has excellent judgement in others.
Thank you for the wonderful review and I will look forward to seeing you on next trip to the area.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Kent, the owner, gave each of us his individual attention all night. He personally prepared all 4 courses for us to perfection. Lobster over pasta and the most delicious ribs for the main course were to die for. And the cheese cake for desert! Definitely the best dining experience we have had in the 6 years we have been staying in Nuevo Varrata. The food, service and view of the harbor were beyond our expectations. Can't wait to go back next year.

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hi Alby,
I certainly enjoyed the time spent with you, Gail, Mickey and Katie. Thanks for writing such a flattering review. It is quite an honor for me when clients refer to their experience as the best in Mexico.
It also gives me a challenge the next time I welcome you into my home I will have made the experience even better.
42 years ago, an elderly Italian American man named Tony G. who was in the restaurant business once said, “If you ever open a restaurant kid and want to keep it open, you must do something every day to improve it.” I listened to his sage advice.
Thanks again and say hello to the rest of the gang,