“The Best of La Cruz”
Review of Eva`s Brickhouse - CLOSED

Eva`s Brickhouse
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Private waterfront dining experience for parties of 4 or more, smaller parties are also welcomed to spend an evening enjoying freshly prepared 5-course meals in one of two private water front dining rooms. Seating is limited to 12 guests per evening. Reservations must be made at least one day in advance. To better understand what dining at Eva's Brickhouse is like please read the experience others in the Trip Advisor Family have shared in their reviews since the restaurants concept was changed in April of 2014.
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Kent, the owner, gave each of us his individual attention all night. He personally prepared all 4 courses for us to perfection. Lobster over pasta and the most delicious ribs for the main course were to die for. And the cheese cake for desert! Definitely the best dining experience we have had in the 6 years we have been staying in Nuevo Varrata. The food, service and view of the harbor were beyond our expectations. Can't wait to go back next year.

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hi Alby,
I certainly enjoyed the time spent with you, Gail, Mickey and Katie. Thanks for writing such a flattering review. It is quite an honor for me when clients refer to their experience as the best in Mexico.
It also gives me a challenge the next time I welcome you into my home I will have made the experience even better.
42 years ago, an elderly Italian American man named Tony G. who was in the restaurant business once said, “If you ever open a restaurant kid and want to keep it open, you must do something every day to improve it.” I listened to his sage advice.
Thanks again and say hello to the rest of the gang,

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Kent prepares undescibable delicious ribs. I never had them tasty like that before. And the view into the harbour is a wonderful side effect.
A MUST TRY for everyone !!!

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Thanks Paul,
I take a lot of pride in my ribs, most say they are they ever have had. 5 hours slow smoking with mesquite wood in my pit is how I start them out. After I refire them over the mesquite fire I dip them in my pineapple mango sauce and to be honest I agree with my clients as they are the best I have had as well. We have a saying at Eva's; At Eva's we smoke our ribs and everyone else's too!
Thanks for the nice review and I hope to see ypu soon,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is one restaurant you won't want to miss! Kent is wonderful - he greets you, serves wonderful drinks, takes your order, in so very funny and entertaining, goes in the kitchen and cooks, and serves, too. It will be a great dining experience as it has for us the last two visits. We will be returning for sure! Cheers to Kent and Eva's Brickhouse! Mark & Bonnie from Long Island, NY

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Hello Mark B,
There is nothing I enjoy more than entertaining someone in my home/restaurant of your caliber.
Reading your review it is obvious or should be to one and all that you are a man with excellent taste!
Thanks for penning it and say hello to Bonnie for me,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We visited Eva's last year twice and couldn't wait to get back there this year. Kent and his dog greeted us and made the best margarita we had all vacation. His tequila is so smooth it is like a cognac! We enjoyed the fresh grilled tuna, the hand cut raviolis and the smoked ribs. Our evening was so special that we had to go back one more time. Kent is a great host and his food is superb! We love Eva's and look forward to next year. Lisa and Phil

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hello Lisa,
We had some fun that night for sure beautiful view, wonderful ambience, Frank, Nat, Ella, Sammy and Doris Day singing in the background, gentle on shore breeze, roses from the garden adorning the table, the freshest tuna served in the bay, the finest tequila and the topper of it all the best clients a restaurateur could ever ask for. Thanks for making my evening memorable.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and please give my best to Phil and the Businski’s.
Your friend in Mexico,

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I am not going to repeat what everyone else has already said. Just know that it truly the restaurant not to miss. What was most important to me was listening to Kent tell all that he has done and all that he plans on doing for the community. This is truly a person who gives from his heart.
He does not give handouts.....he sees where there is a need.....and does what he can. Paying my bill, which was very reasonable, also went to help those kids in need.....in the classroom setting. Realize that the government only pays the teachers......all other educational expenses....has to come from somewhere....

1  Thank N8PWC

Hello out there in East Lansing and to you Trip Advisor Readers,
Thank you for writing about my charities for the local Elementary School.
In the past we never spoke of our deeds but this year Eva and I have decided to go beyond supplying the athletic equipment and some fans, we are going to purchase and install air conditioning unit in each of the 12 classrooms.
The cost although only about $8,000.00 U.S. is beyond our limits so to raise the funds we are going to all profits made off of selling bottles of Eva’s Brickhouse Private Reserve Tequila, the smoothest tequila anywhere.
I was explaining this the other afternoon to my new friends Paul and Regina McCullough who recently purchased a home in the neighborhood, when no sooner had I finished speaking when they told me they would match me $ for $. Wow how’s that for class.
Anyone coming down stop in on your first night for some good times and leave with a bottle to enjoy while you are here. Beware though it is so good you might just have to come back on your last night to get one to fly home with.
Thanks for writing the unique review and allowing me a forum to respond to, also thanks to Paul and Regina for their kindness and generosity.
Kent
P.S. Thanks to you the people of Trip Advisor for the great service you provide for those in the Tourist Industry and for the travelers of the world. One last item congratulations to M.J.M on your promotion.