“Fantastic experience!”
Review of Eva`s Brickhouse - CLOSED

Eva`s Brickhouse
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Private waterfront dining experience for parties of 4 or more, smaller parties are also welcomed to spend an evening enjoying freshly prepared 5-course meals in one of two private water front dining rooms. Seating is limited to 12 guests per evening. Reservations must be made at least one day in advance. To better understand what dining at Eva's Brickhouse is like please read the experience others in the Trip Advisor Family have shared in their reviews since the restaurants concept was changed in April of 2014.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is one restaurant you won't want to miss! Kent is wonderful - he greets you, serves wonderful drinks, takes your order, in so very funny and entertaining, goes in the kitchen and cooks, and serves, too. It will be a great dining experience as it has for us the last two visits. We will be returning for sure! Cheers to Kent and Eva's Brickhouse! Mark & Bonnie from Long Island, NY

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Hello Mark B,
There is nothing I enjoy more than entertaining someone in my home/restaurant of your caliber.
Reading your review it is obvious or should be to one and all that you are a man with excellent taste!
Thanks for penning it and say hello to Bonnie for me,

There are newer reviews for Eva`s Brickhouse

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We visited Eva's last year twice and couldn't wait to get back there this year. Kent and his dog greeted us and made the best margarita we had all vacation. His tequila is so smooth it is like a cognac! We enjoyed the fresh grilled tuna, the hand cut raviolis and the smoked ribs. Our evening was so special that we had to go back one more time. Kent is a great host and his food is superb! We love Eva's and look forward to next year. Lisa and Phil

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hello Lisa,
We had some fun that night for sure beautiful view, wonderful ambience, Frank, Nat, Ella, Sammy and Doris Day singing in the background, gentle on shore breeze, roses from the garden adorning the table, the freshest tuna served in the bay, the finest tequila and the topper of it all the best clients a restaurateur could ever ask for. Thanks for making my evening memorable.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and please give my best to Phil and the Businski’s.
Your friend in Mexico,

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I am not going to repeat what everyone else has already said. Just know that it truly the restaurant not to miss. What was most important to me was listening to Kent tell all that he has done and all that he plans on doing for the community. This is truly a person who gives from his heart.
He does not give handouts.....he sees where there is a need.....and does what he can. Paying my bill, which was very reasonable, also went to help those kids in need.....in the classroom setting. Realize that the government only pays the teachers......all other educational expenses....has to come from somewhere....

1  Thank N8PWC

Hello out there in East Lansing and to you Trip Advisor Readers,
Thank you for writing about my charities for the local Elementary School.
In the past we never spoke of our deeds but this year Eva and I have decided to go beyond supplying the athletic equipment and some fans, we are going to purchase and install air conditioning unit in each of the 12 classrooms.
The cost although only about $8,000.00 U.S. is beyond our limits so to raise the funds we are going to all profits made off of selling bottles of Eva’s Brickhouse Private Reserve Tequila, the smoothest tequila anywhere.
I was explaining this the other afternoon to my new friends Paul and Regina McCullough who recently purchased a home in the neighborhood, when no sooner had I finished speaking when they told me they would match me $ for $. Wow how’s that for class.
Anyone coming down stop in on your first night for some good times and leave with a bottle to enjoy while you are here. Beware though it is so good you might just have to come back on your last night to get one to fly home with.
Thanks for writing the unique review and allowing me a forum to respond to, also thanks to Paul and Regina for their kindness and generosity.
Kent
P.S. Thanks to you the people of Trip Advisor for the great service you provide for those in the Tourist Industry and for the travelers of the world. One last item congratulations to M.J.M on your promotion.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Eva's Brickhouse has an incredible location overlooking the marina channel. Kent the owner and chef is unique. I have never met anyone quite like him. He can appear gruff on initial encounter and so charming as you spend time in his domain. This chef loves to cook for his guests and it shows in the food. We both had the ribs which I will return for on our next visit to La Cruz. The drinks were really good and the dessert was so good I asked for the recipe which I have never done before. Make sure you have a reservation before you go as Kent can only handle a limited number of diners at a time and you do not want to miss out on this delight dining experience.

1  Thank Mar1046
Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Mark and Amy,
Thank you for the nice review it was a pleasure to receive you two and the Shute’s in my restaurant.
To be considered the best dining experience you had is something I strive to bring to all my clients, it was especially rewarding to me after I looked at your profile and read of all the places you dined at.
Let me know how the cheesecake comes out and please give my best to Frank and Cedalia. I tried to send you a thank you note and the photo but cannot quite make out your email. I believe I asked Cedalia to send you the photo.
Some of my clients are surprised when I offer them the cheesecake receipt but for me I am happy to share and I know every time you serve it to your friends you will speak of me and your memory of Eva’s will stay refreshed and last forever.
At my restaurant the most important item we serve is memories to go!
I will look forward to the next evening we can share together.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We dined at Eva's Brick House twice during our short visit. We came upon Eva's on our first evening. The dining experiece seemed too good to be true. Did we have too much tequila and just imagine everything? Of course we had to visit again for the reality check.
Kent is the owner, manager,chef and server. I would describe him as personl,warm, professional and smart. We left feeling as though we had a new friend.
He presented the best grilled tuna,maui maui and smoked ribs (which he personally smokes.The restaurant is set on the water in a very private area off the noisy beaten track. It is very warm and inviting and the service,conversation and tourist tips enhanced the experience.It just cannot be equalled. Thank you Kent.
Oh and yes our tequila made it home safely. I have been sipping on it daily!

Nalda and Ron

1  Thank NaldaH
Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Hello Nalda and Ron and to all out there in Trip Advisor Land,
Nalda you did make a friend and I made four. You are the reason my doors are open, I consider myself the most fortunate man in the world. You have now joined a very elite club I call it “The Club of Class”. The membership is in the thousands and it grows on a daily basis, not too hard to join all one has to do is enjoy a dining experience in a unique restaurant and have class.
There are not too many which can boast to have over 3,000 friends who travel 3 to 5,000 miles each year to visit them, I am truly blessed. If that was not enough every year when we bid farewell they all hand me a handful of cash, what a great club!
For those who qualify and would like to join, I am happy to say we are still accepting new members for perhaps another year. As I operate a small establishment, I am thinking once I reach 5,000 members I will cut it off or at least only allow new members who are sponsored by current existing ones.
Some may laugh at this but from the day I opened it was a vision of mine, how cool will it be to seat only my prized and cherished clients and the friends they are sponsoring? One day my vision will become a reality and I will have the most exclusive restaurant in the Bay.
I am very happy to hear my Private Reserve Tequila, the smoothest tequila anywhere made it through customs.
Say hello to Audrey and Barry, have a wonderful spring, summer and fall and your table and I will await your arrival next winter.
Thank you for penning such a nice review.
Your friend in Mexico,