“Eva's Brickhouse”
Review of Eva`s Brickhouse - CLOSED

Eva`s Brickhouse
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Private waterfront dining experience for parties of 4 or more, smaller parties are also welcomed to spend an evening enjoying freshly prepared 5-course meals in one of two private water front dining rooms. Seating is limited to 12 guests per evening. Reservations must be made at least one day in advance. To better understand what dining at Eva's Brickhouse is like please read the experience others in the Trip Advisor Family have shared in their reviews since the restaurants concept was changed in April of 2014.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had the pleasure of dining at Eva's Brickhouse last evening. The food was as good as ever. The yellowfin Tuna was done to perfection and so was the Rack of Lamb, absolutely delicious, to top it off homemade amaretto & Kailua cheesecake. Beautiful setting looking onto the Marina in La Cruz. We'll be back. Thanks Kent for the wonderful service. P. & C.

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Hello out there in Trip Advisor Land,
We had the pleasure to serve P and C last night. The couple were as good as ever, they were absolutely marvelous. Beautiful people enjoying the Marina view, we will be waiting for them to come back!
Thanks for the wonderful experience,

There are newer reviews for Eva`s Brickhouse

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The service is top notch and although we did not have time to stay and eat this time, the food has always been incredible. Must stop here if you are anywhere near La Cruz

To my dear friends from Burnsville Mn.
It has been four years now since you first passed through my doors and I was so happy to see you healthy and happy this time around.
You two once again have brought a little joy to my life, when you told me you follow my Trip Advisor reviews and responses weekly I took that as great compliment. As you are aware I respond to every review for one simple reason... Respect! I do not understand those who do not, if a client is so kind to take the time write a review I feel it only proper to personally thank each and every one of them.
Eva s as you know is somewhat unique as restaurants go, not to many places will you walk into and request a bottle of Long Island Ice Tea and the the owner tells you okay here is a bottle and there is the bar go make it and leave what you think is fair. I am happy you enjoyed it on your whale watching adventure and that the whales put on a show for you.
Thanks for the review and stay happy and healthy until our paths cross again and beyond.
Your friend,
Kent
P.S. Your review has taken my humble establishment to another milestone, 400 Trip Advisor reviews. Two days ago I looked at Pacific Coast Restaurants, 1277 of them and we are number three in total write ups. The two ahead of us open all day and do 7 times the amount of clients as we do, so when I prorate the figures, WE are number one! Ha
Thanks to you Trip Advisor, your company is truely an asset to mine and all other restaurants world wide, you guys are the best. In my life I give credit where credit is due and the T.A. family deserves all which I can give!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. My family and I were staying in a condo just up the beach and had smelled the amazing aroma coming from the grill for several nights before we discovered where it was coming from and decided we must try the food. Everything was perfect from our greeting by Kent and the resident dog and cat to the most delicious dinner and to-die-for cheesecake dessert. This place is an absolute gem that I will rave about to anyone coming to the area as a must try. I have never had such perfectly prepared and fresh yellowtail, and the ribs were as delicious as the smelled. Thank you for such a wonderful experience!

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Hi Erin,
Thank you for penning such a nice review.
What is amazing to me is how I am fortunate to meet and spend time with beautiful families like yours on a daily basis.
Your Cheesecake was Kahula and Amarreto, today I made one with Capitan Morgans Rum and another with Baileys and Franjelica. I have not tried them yet but I did taste both as I was making them and they tasted pretty good.
Be sure to give my best to John and Nancy, they are likely watching the Broncos and Patriots right now and as they are living in Wyoming they are probably rooting for Manning to take them to Superbowl. I was rooting for Brady but with 3 minutes left in the third quarter and down by 17 its not looking to good for the Patriots.
Thanks again for spending a moment of time with me,

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This water front restaurant is in every way one of the best. My wife and I have had the pleasure to dine at in many years. The water front table we had and just the atmosphere was truly amazing, not to mention the wonderful dinner and excellent service. You got to try their Ribs and their steaks. The seafood our friends had was right off the boat. The owner Kent entertained us with his stories and great personality.
Thanks Kent and Staff
Jim & Brenda, Bob & Joyce
Newport Beach Ca.

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

My new friends Jim and Brenda,
I knew as you walked through the door I was in for some fun. You guys were great and the perfect audience for my story telling time. I had a ball and I know you did to as well.
Thanks for the great review and give my best to Bob and Joyce.
Kent
Wait a minute I just realised your review will go down as the milestone review NUMBER 300 5 STARS!! Whoo hoo not bad for a humble little restaurant that does all of 15 to 20 clients on a busy day. Thanks again Jim and Brenda and to the other 299 Trip Advisor Reviewers who gave us 5 stars you guys are the greatest. Also a special thanks goes out to the Owners of Trip Advisor and all their employees for doing the fantastic job they do, providing the world of travelers such a great service, I salute to you!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Kent was a thoughtful host for a very memorable dinner. The food and ambiance made it a very special place in La Cruz and we look forward to our next visit!

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

South Bound Sailors,
Thanks for dropping in you guys made for an enjoyable late afternoon for me. I just love it when my clients stay for over two or three hours enjoying the ambiance, cuisine and view. It is not by accident that this has come to be a standard as I designed the restaurant in a way that even after the patrons finish their meals they still want to stay.
I hope you are enjoying the garden fresh roses on your boat. Thanks for writing the review and I hope to see you soon.