“great time at EvasBrickhouse”
Review of Eva`s Brickhouse - CLOSED

Eva`s Brickhouse
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Private waterfront dining experience for parties of 4 or more, smaller parties are also welcomed to spend an evening enjoying freshly prepared 5-course meals in one of two private water front dining rooms. Seating is limited to 12 guests per evening. Reservations must be made at least one day in advance. To better understand what dining at Eva's Brickhouse is like please read the experience others in the Trip Advisor Family have shared in their reviews since the restaurants concept was changed in April of 2014.
La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
“great time at EvasBrickhouse”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

this is one of the best dinners i had my wife and i just had a wounderful time whit great meal and a good bottle of fine wine the services is great and the food is awesome , thanks again KEN for you attention and the great time AMIGO

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thanks to Danny for the review,
For those out there in T.A. Land, Danny is the my only year around regular. Danny owns and operates the best fishing boat in the bay. He stops by every day for a after work drink and many times has a dinner or orders to go for his family, he also direct his clients to enjoy an evening at Evas. Once a year he brings his wife in to dine with us and we always have a good time.
My help and I enjoy every moment we have with him, you see beyond owning class Danny has a great sense of humor and is always in a up beat mood. When the help sees his boat pulling into the harbor they are right on it, making him a Michalada and delivering to him as he docks the boat.
We all appreciate Danny and his genorosity, Danny is one of the good guys and my crew has the highest respect for him and strive to be like him.
To Danny his beautiful wife and his two college bound kids, Evas Brickhouise sends out a big SALUTE.
Thanks again,
Kent and Crew

Wichita, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SO GLAD WE WENT TO EVA'S BRICKHOUSE”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

In November 2013, My daughter, Jenny, her husband, Patrick, and I visited Eva's. Patrick travels with his wonderful guide dog, Palmer. We were greeted by Kent and Max, the new best friend of Palmer. Eva was in Peru, alas, we did not get to meet her. Kent was so much fun and laid back, but so attentive. Max, Kent's dog, and Palmer laid in front of a fan while we dined, looking out over the beautiful marina. Food was delicious and so fresh. Great ribs! We really did not want to leave the restaurant. We are looking forward to returning to Eva's soon.

• Visited November 2013
Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thanks for the great review. Even though New Years has passed you have started the count down at Eva’s Brickhouse. Your review took us to 291 5 stars only 9 more to reach 300.
300 5 stars truly represents a milestone for us, we will be very proud to reach it. With all due respect, Eddies Place Nopal Beach in Nuevo Vallarta has reached this pinnacle and has surpassed 400 5 stars so hats off to Eddie.
As much as I do not like to be second in total reviews and 5 star reviews amongst the 388 restaurants on Trip Advisor in Riviera Nayarit, I take solace in the knowledge we were bested by a restaurant which serves 7 times the amount of clients we do.
If you are reading this review response from the North East be safe during this first major winter storm and remember it is 78 degrees down here and the sun is shining so if you can swing it come on down and enjoy the sun for a week or two and make sure to stop into Evas and say hello.
Everyone enjoy the New Year
Thanks again for the review, looking forward to March when we will meet again. Max siad to give a whoof to Palmer!
Seattle, WA
“The owner is a character!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had lunch at Eva's and enjoyed both the food and the restaurant owner - who is quite a character. He met us at the door wearing a big floppy hat. He told us that there was no tuna because there have been storms at sea keeping the fleet from catching any, but word is that they just caught some and the pangas are on their way back in with fresh catch and it should be here for dinner. Just goes to show what a friendly small town this is - that they know right where the local fishermen are. I had the Mahi Mahi which was fabulous and hubby had a turkey sandwich with bread baked to order. Super good food!

1 Thank Melissa D
Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Mellisa and Dave,
Thanks for the review. At our restaurant we only serve fish which was caught on the same day so I have to stay on top it. It helps that our place is only 20 seconds the fishermans dock, off the boat and into the restaurant. We are proud to offer the freshest fish of any restaurant in the bay, In the morning I select the finest of the catch and what ever is left over is served up the next day as the employees meal.
The Tuna arrived as I was told and we had many who enjoyed it that evening seared over a mesquite fire and topped with our rosemary (out of our garden) sauce.
Thanks the for the review and may the powers that rule the destiny of man line yours and those who are dear to you paths with health and happiness throughout this New Year and beyond!
Thanks again for the review and for all Trip Advisor readers and those whom are employeed by this most wonderful of companies;
May the New Year bring you all which you desire
May the love you share with those dear to you glow like and eternal fire
May all of you live ten years longer than I and may I never die!
Salute to one and all
Tigard, Oregon
“Glad we tried it for ourselves”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We dined here a couple of weeks ago and had an excellent evening. Kent greeted us and made his special rack of lamb for us. He even had the waiters go out a pick a special rose bouquet for my table. Everything was wonderful. Kent sent me home with our leftovers, wine and a loaf of ready to bake bread and my bouquet. A perfect evening.

Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Hello Jan G and to Trip Advisor Travelers,
Jan if you think your night was perfect, just imagine how nice you made mine! I set out from the get go to draw a certian clientle, those who enjoyed a beautiful enviroment with a wonderful view, quality cusine and had a sense of humor.
I got there, there are many other restaurants which do far more business than we do and I salute them but would not want to be them. We are very content with serving 4 to 6 quality tables an evening. I have a policy of only seating each table one time per evening, of course this goes against most others desires but it works just great for my staff and I along with apparently our clients whom average 3 hours per visit and like us as well, at least most due according to the Trip Advisor.
We may have more 1 stars reviews than any other local establishment around which is okay with me because we have six times the amount of 5 stars than any other as well.
The Trip Advisior Writers have spoken and I like what they say.
Thanks for the review Jan G and thanks to T.A. for helping to bring the type of clients we desire.
Bucerias, Mexico
“Sorry to see Eva's is for sale”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My husband and I have dined at Eva's Brickhouse many times over the past 3 years-both in Bucerias and La Cruz. We always had an excellent meal and when there was time, also enjoyed our chats with Eva and Kent and a nuzzle from their dog, Max. We understand the business is now for sale and we will miss that great cooking. All the best to them both!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank thutcheon
Eva T, Owner at Eva`s Brickhouse, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Hello Trip Advisor Readers,
I guess the cat is out of the bag now. Eva and I have enjoyed the restaurant life for over 6 years now and more specifically we have been blessed to meet and make friends with the thousands of quality travelers whom come and visit us each and every year. We are amongst but a few restaurants who can say almost all of our regulars travel over 3000 miles to dine with us.
The restaurant will remain open until it is sold and as it is a turnkey operation I would imagine the new owners won’t miss a day. I will stay on to assist them if they so desire during a transition period.
For all who have enjoyed our cuisine over the years you will still be able to for I am starting an in house full service gourmet catering business for parties from 4 to 20. I am also opening an art gallery which will focus on original oil paintings.
We have just put the restaurant on the market so all you travelers keep coming in we will remain open 7 days a week.
On the day we do sell I can tell you this, I am going out to dinner to my second favorite restaurant in the bay, Marks Bar and Grill where we used to be regulars. I will start with a tempura appetizer followed with a pasta, Rack of Lamb for entrée, a couple of bottles of Pinot Gricio and then an after dinner house coffee with Checkie as my waiter.
Special thanks go out to Trip Advisor which helped to make our dreams come true.
Kent and Eva