“It was ok”

Canboulay
Ranked #7 of 40 Restaurants in San Fernando
Cuisines: Bar, Caribbean, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“It was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

On my recent trip my boyfriend and I ate here a few times. The restaurant was small but always a place to sit as it wast noisy at all. I agree that there is a bit of a wait for the food. All in all it's an ok place and I would return here again.

1 Thank TriniSultress

Coconut Creek, Florida
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner here the other night. It wasn't very busy (it was still pretty early) and they seemed to be in the middle of decorating for the holidays - there was a ladder in the middle of the room that blocked my path to the table my friends were at.

The waitress was pleasant and kept checking on us...unusual for a restaurant in this country, but nost definitely appreciated. :-)

Ok so...drinks...limited selection of flavored vodkas, but on the waitress' recommendation, I had an apple vodka and portugal juice mixed drink and it was divine!!!! Yumm! They also apparently have a sangria which is quite good but I can't say for sure since they didn't have the fruits to make the drink.

Food...it definitely was worth the wait. I mean wow! I ordered grilled lamb with fries and mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots). It also came with a side salad. The salad was fresh and crisp. The veggies were steamed perfectly and I savored every bite. The lamb...ohhh the lamb! It was so good that I dug in with my fingers and didn't care that I was licking them afterwards. :-)

From all accounts, the grilled salmon, veggie pasta marinara and the veggie pasta alfredo that my friends ordered also were scrumptious.

1 Thank pt320
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Contact number ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This is the current business phone number 653-2138. Call for catering services or just drop in an have a great time

1 Thank Krystie-marie S
New York City, New York
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

The restaurant is surrounded by the bar which seems to be the central focus. The wait for food was a bit lengthy, but when the food did arrive it made up for the long wait. The menu comprises of some local twists to American styled classics, which they pulled off SUCCESSFULLY. The staff were knowledgeable about the menu, which speaks volumes.

• Visited September 2013