“Laid back elegance”
Review of Soong's Great Wall

Soong's Great Wall
Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in San Fernando
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located at the bottom of the historic San Fernando Hill, Soong's Great Wall has been serving customers since 1981. We offer mainly Cantonese cuisine and we are open every day except Public Holidays. We can host parties and weddings and also cater to your function at your location, and we offer delivery service to the local area.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Took my girlfriend for dinner was my first time at this location wouldn't be my last tho a very mature and laid back atmosphere with a touch of class .Went back in time to a romantic 80's resturant . Food tasty, sevice fast and friendly .

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I found this out of the way Chinese Food Restaurant and have been wonderfully surprised, again and again. The food is awesome and the service is unobtrusive and very polite. We just love the food and the cleanliness. The music is late eighties hair band stuff, but it's enjoyable just the same. This is a nice place for lunch or supper for us regular folks who enjoy good food at decent prices. I highly recommend this off the beaten track Chinese Food Restaurant, I hope more folks give it a try.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The quality of food for the price paid is not worth it. If you remembered coming here long ago and enjoyed the menu...well times have really changed for worse sorry to say, staff needs a lot of work too.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Worst service ever. I am here for lunch and I've been waiting forever to get my bill. Food was passable. Prices relatively normal.

1  Thank Videsh's A
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Visited Soong's yesterday afternoon as I was in south Trinidad for the day, and I remembered this restaurant from my childhood. The outside was the same, a typical Chinese decor. We were seated very close to the bar, which wasn't a problem for us. Server came and took our order, both drinks and meal. She then came and started pouring water in our glasses, typical, but while pouring my glass she took my napkin and threw it on my lap.. Very poor table etiquette, as when the meal had arrived I would have placed the napkin myself.
It was a group of four, so we all chatted while waiting on our food arrive. While waiting our plates were placed in front of us as none was on the table before. Now these plates could have been the same plates I ate in 20 years ago, it was that old and dated. After the plates, the food came and we served ourselves. The fried rice looked more like flavored jasmine rice, it was not the lovely golden color it should have been. I cut into my chicken only to see the inside as rear as a steak should be. That was it for me, once I saw that I just starting thinking of my long drive back up north.
I have been to restaurants in different parts of the world, some good and others not so good, but this one was a terrible experience. Maybe it's because I have experienced what service and food should be, that I was so terribly disappointed.
The waitresses here are definitely not trained in proper etiquette and serving customers.
Another thing I noticed was that we got no hot towels before our meal, even when I fly I get that before my meal. Soong's service lower than airplane service? Very disappointed.