“Great hotel for business”

Theoxenia Palace Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Kifissia
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip in Athens last May and enjoyed it very much. This is a boutique hotel in the center of Kifisia, one of the nicest areas of Athens. The hotel rooms are renovated and offer everything you would expect from a 5-star hotel. The bathrooms are really nice with some great amenities. All of the staff that I met during my stay was very helpful and eager to assist me in my every need. The bed mattress was really comfortable, but the best part was the 32-inch TV set that featured Youtube to watch movie clips ! First time I see such a system in a hotel ! This system also allows you to connect HDMI or VGA and USB if you want to watch movies from your hard drive. Great Wifi internet coverage throughout the hotel too ! Look forward to coming back soon !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Talal T

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have staid at this hotel in July 2013 the rooms are big clean and comfortable the staff is very helpful and very pleasant to talk to.
The location is excellent a few minutes walk to the shops of Kifisia .
A small luxurious hotel in everyone's budget .
I would highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Louis L
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was our first time in Athens. The checkin procedure at Theoxenia Palace was very fast and efficient. We were upgraded to a superior room which was well appointed and comfortable, with a large flat panel smart TV offering Internet access to Youtube ! Free Wifi was included, which I believe is a must nowadays. The view from our room was beautiful. The swimming pool was very nice with lots of sunbeds. We enjoyed a nice swim in privacy, as the pool was completely uncrowded. Very important if you want to enjoy a nice swim ! In the morning we were treated to an excellent buffet breakfast with lots of cold and warm options. I would stay here again next time I am in Athens !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris R
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel is well located in a very nice and relaxed area in Kifisia. The rooms are nicely decorated with full size rooms that create a very nice atmosphere. The first night I ordered room service and it was very tasty. The next day I chose to have my afternoon light lunch by the swimming pool, which was simply amazing ! Free Wifi by the swimming pool was a nice touch, very useful if you are traveling with a laptop ! I love coming to the Theoxenia and look forward to my next visit !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NicolasANT
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel when visiting Athens. The rooms are very nice and really really clean. There are robes and slippers available in the rooms and the swimming pool looks very nice, although I did not use it. There is a nice buffet available for breakfast. This hotel is good value for money!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nquinn3
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed there for two nights with my wife as part of our honeymoon. I have never stayed in 5* hotel so I cannot really judge that aspect. However, when compared to some 4* hotels that I have stayed into, the biggest difference are the larger rooms and the luxurious feeling inside the hotel.

Besides those, the rooms are big and really comfortable, with extra-double beds. Everything is nice and clean. To the positives of the hotel is that there is wifi everywhere (in the rooms, in the swimming pool, in the lobby, etc.). There are also free to use *modern* desktop machines with printer, internet etc. on the first floor. However, the biggest plus of the hotel, is the staff! Always polite and willing to serve you. Maybe the most polite hotel personnel I've met! For example, we arrived at 4am and the person in the lobby came to our car, helped us with the luggage and brought us some badly needed toothpaste into our room shortly after. All that, while smiling and giving us the impression that he really enjoyed to help!

The next day, although it was cloudy, we managed to enjoy the swimming pool and being served a club sandwitch by the pool.

The only "negative" of this hotel, is it's location. That is, if you care. It is far from Athens city centre and all historical sights. Also public transport is problematic. Again, this is "negative" only if you care. We didn't, because we had our car and we were only interest to relax. Also, being far from the city centre it means that it goes for half the price compared to the equivalent hotels in the city...

PS: The neighbourhood is also very nice for a walk, coffee, food,etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

With not so big pool-view room I found this place as cozy. I would not for sure rate it as 5 stars.
A lot of pubs/restaurants/shops in surrondings. Comfortable bed. Basic breakfast; not to many fruits to choose, great greek yoghurt. 5 days room rate on credit card was blocked twice, taken down 3 days after leaving, strange.. When leaving before 7am you can count only for coffee.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kifissia
Y Hotel
#1 of 2 in Nea Erithraia
Chris Hotel
Chris Hotel
#7 of 11 in Kifissia

Been to Theoxenia Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!