Theoxenia Palace Hotel
Hotel des Roses(Kifissia)(Great Value!)
$108
Y Hotel(Kifissia)
$900
$237
$118
$93
Life Gallery athens Hotel(Ekali)(Great Value!)
$135
Hotels.com
Dekelia Hotel(Kifissia)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewstheoxenia palacenice hotelpool areadowntown athenswithin walking distancebusiness tripbreakfast buffetmini barshopping areareception staffrooms are bigstandard roombars and restaurantsnice areahotel is locatedyogurttrain station
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel when visiting Athens. The rooms are very nice and really really clean. There are robes and slippers available in the rooms and the swimming pool looks very nice, although I did not use it. There is a nice buffet available for breakfast. This hotel is good value for money!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nquinn3
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed there for two nights with my wife as part of our honeymoon. I have never stayed in 5* hotel so I cannot really judge that aspect. However, when compared to some 4* hotels that I have stayed into, the biggest difference are the larger rooms and the luxurious feeling inside the hotel.

Besides those, the rooms are big and really comfortable, with extra-double beds. Everything is nice and clean. To the positives of the hotel is that there is wifi everywhere (in the rooms, in the swimming pool, in the lobby, etc.). There are also free to use *modern* desktop machines with printer, internet etc. on the first floor. However, the biggest plus of the hotel, is the staff! Always polite and willing to serve you. Maybe the most polite hotel personnel I've met! For example, we arrived at 4am and the person in the lobby came to our car, helped us with the luggage and brought us some badly needed toothpaste into our room shortly after. All that, while smiling and giving us the impression that he really enjoyed to help!

The next day, although it was cloudy, we managed to enjoy the swimming pool and being served a club sandwitch by the pool.

The only "negative" of this hotel, is it's location. That is, if you care. It is far from Athens city centre and all historical sights. Also public transport is problematic. Again, this is "negative" only if you care. We didn't, because we had our car and we were only interest to relax. Also, being far from the city centre it means that it goes for half the price compared to the equivalent hotels in the city...

PS: The neighbourhood is also very nice for a walk, coffee, food,etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

With not so big pool-view room I found this place as cozy. I would not for sure rate it as 5 stars.
A lot of pubs/restaurants/shops in surrondings. Comfortable bed. Basic breakfast; not to many fruits to choose, great greek yoghurt. 5 days room rate on credit card was blocked twice, taken down 3 days after leaving, strange.. When leaving before 7am you can count only for coffee.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel has undoubtedly one of the best locations in Kifissia, and for this reason we have used it several times. We live in a country of 5 start hotels, the UAE, where service, efficiency and luxury is always top class, by no stretch of the imagination does the Theoxenia Palace fit this five star criteria!
The rooms are small, the beds hard and the bathrooms are quite simply ridiculous! The shower is set over the bath and clearly designed for a 48 kilo midget? Everytime we switched our shower on it soaked the whole bathroom. The rooms are not particularly clean, I dropped something on the floor behind the television and when I bent down to retrieve it, found myself with a handful of dust and hair....disgusting! We had to ask for our toiletries and towels to be replenished, housekeepings response to this was sullen and argumentative, claiming it must have been our fault for leaving the do not disturb card outside...which we hadn't. I visited reception twice and on both occasions i had to wait for the female staff to finish their conversation before they even looked up at me? This may all seem trivial, but in my book 5 star is 5 star??

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lesley6610
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel only for two night with my friends. Like location is wonderful, becase is situated in a very quiet ares, with many parks around. The hotel is very clean, has a swimming pool and SPA, and is very nice. They said that is a 5 stars hotel, but could be 5 Greek stars. The hotel was builded more than 100 years ago, but it was renovated, excluding the elevators, which has not inside them doors. A special advice. Do not let your childrens alone in the elevator, because is a risk of incident. In rest, the room was very large and clean, with a huge balcony, but without one table or chairs. Like price try to find this hotel by booking, because if you will call directly to the reception will be chrged a lot.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business