“Excellent affordable hotel in Athens”

Theoxenia Palace Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Kifissia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed there for two nights with my wife as part of our honeymoon. I have never stayed in 5* hotel so I cannot really judge that aspect. However, when compared to some 4* hotels that I have stayed into, the biggest difference are the larger rooms and the luxurious feeling inside the hotel.

Besides those, the rooms are big and really comfortable, with extra-double beds. Everything is nice and clean. To the positives of the hotel is that there is wifi everywhere (in the rooms, in the swimming pool, in the lobby, etc.). There are also free to use *modern* desktop machines with printer, internet etc. on the first floor. However, the biggest plus of the hotel, is the staff! Always polite and willing to serve you. Maybe the most polite hotel personnel I've met! For example, we arrived at 4am and the person in the lobby came to our car, helped us with the luggage and brought us some badly needed toothpaste into our room shortly after. All that, while smiling and giving us the impression that he really enjoyed to help!

The next day, although it was cloudy, we managed to enjoy the swimming pool and being served a club sandwitch by the pool.

The only "negative" of this hotel, is it's location. That is, if you care. It is far from Athens city centre and all historical sights. Also public transport is problematic. Again, this is "negative" only if you care. We didn't, because we had our car and we were only interest to relax. Also, being far from the city centre it means that it goes for half the price compared to the equivalent hotels in the city...

PS: The neighbourhood is also very nice for a walk, coffee, food,etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Theoxenia Palace Hotel

Reviewed June 13, 2013

With not so big pool-view room I found this place as cozy. I would not for sure rate it as 5 stars.
A lot of pubs/restaurants/shops in surrondings. Comfortable bed. Basic breakfast; not to many fruits to choose, great greek yoghurt. 5 days room rate on credit card was blocked twice, taken down 3 days after leaving, strange.. When leaving before 7am you can count only for coffee.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel has undoubtedly one of the best locations in Kifissia, and for this reason we have used it several times. We live in a country of 5 start hotels, the UAE, where service, efficiency and luxury is always top class, by no stretch of the imagination does the Theoxenia Palace fit this five star criteria!
The rooms are small, the beds hard and the bathrooms are quite simply ridiculous! The shower is set over the bath and clearly designed for a 48 kilo midget? Everytime we switched our shower on it soaked the whole bathroom. The rooms are not particularly clean, I dropped something on the floor behind the television and when I bent down to retrieve it, found myself with a handful of dust and hair....disgusting! We had to ask for our toiletries and towels to be replenished, housekeepings response to this was sullen and argumentative, claiming it must have been our fault for leaving the do not disturb card outside...which we hadn't. I visited reception twice and on both occasions i had to wait for the female staff to finish their conversation before they even looked up at me? This may all seem trivial, but in my book 5 star is 5 star??

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lesley6610
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel only for two night with my friends. Like location is wonderful, becase is situated in a very quiet ares, with many parks around. The hotel is very clean, has a swimming pool and SPA, and is very nice. They said that is a 5 stars hotel, but could be 5 Greek stars. The hotel was builded more than 100 years ago, but it was renovated, excluding the elevators, which has not inside them doors. A special advice. Do not let your childrens alone in the elevator, because is a risk of incident. In rest, the room was very large and clean, with a huge balcony, but without one table or chairs. Like price try to find this hotel by booking, because if you will call directly to the reception will be chrged a lot.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mugur I
Reviewed May 22, 2013

the area around the hotel is fantastic, especially for businessmen travelling alone, but the overall satisfaction of the service and maintenance is not high. breakfast is not very high quality and personnel is minimum, leaving many empty plates and dirty tables. room is ok but you can't change the temperature of aircondition without asking the reception !! at my arrival (late evening, around midnight) there was nobody to help me with luggages and climb the stairs, the receptionist gave me a ash tray in my hand when I asked if it was possible to smoke!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am a loyal Theoxenia Palace Hotel guest and have been there quite a few times since the mid 90's.
I just returned from my second attempt to have my breakfast downstairs, but to no avail.
The first time there was not a single free chair and the few free chairs inside we're not serviced.
On the second attempt there were only 3 or 4 occupied tables but none of the rest were cleaned. I was in a bit of a hurry to go to the airport and didn't want to ask staff to do what they were supposed to do anyway!
It's a shame coz I find everything else at this hotel to be more than satisfactory.
I'm a frequent business traveller to Athens but I think I'll choose another hotel from now on.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We chose the Theoxenia Palace for a short weekend break and we enjoyed an excellent stay at this beautiful hotel. Very friendly, helpful and professional staff. Our room was nicely decorated and very spacious room with a very big 32-inch flat panel TV. The first impression when we arrived was that this hotel made us feel immediately at home. We enjoyed a lovely dinner at hotel restaurant. We look forward to coming back soon !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kifissia
Y Hotel
Exarchia
Radisson Blu Park Hotel Athens
Semiramis
#3 of 11 in Kifissia

Been to Theoxenia Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!