“Watching chefs preparing your dinner”
Review of PBox Eatery - CLOSED

PBox Eatery
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We preffered to be near the action so the bar - kitchen was our table! We liked it! It was very nice watching the chefs and the way they were cooking. Many times they were explaining the recipes and they offered plates free of charge! We liked all the starters but not so much the main course.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The best Greek menu in the country created by one of the top Greek Chef Christoforos Peskias. Dont miss the beef tongue.
In the heart of Kifisia but enough away from noisy commercial roads in order to relax and enjoy your lunch or dinner.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Poor and expensive resto based on wanna be customers, really expensive and mediocre

1  Thank Tracetraveller
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The food is great!!! Tasty, very well presented, and always a surprise!!! The waiters are very kind and professional!!! The atmosphere is fantastic!!! There are only good things to say about this restaurant!!! So just keep going and surprising your customers because for sure they will leave your restaurant with a big smile on your face like I did!!!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This was my first visit to Athens and I had heard only good things about Chef Peskias so I decided to have dinner at his Periscope Hotel outpost, first of all the amuse bouche or complimentary sort of crostini that was placed on the table was never announced by the waiter, one of the first courses that we tasted was the pan fried Ladolyri cheese with with lemon marmalade, I felt the cheese was so gummy and not soft enough to prepare in this style, which by the way was not fried, it was served in a Staub vessel and seemed that is was baked, the flavor combination was interesting. After we sampled ( I forgot the name) another dish that was presented in another Staub vessel, it consisted of a slice of bread with a typeof sausage and a fried egg, this was totally over baked,the sausage was dry ,the bread you could not cut with a knife, this dish was very unacceptable.Our main courses were the chicken Tandoori, no flavor, no seasoning at all, I have traveled all over the world due to my job and have lived in India previously, if you try to excecute an ethnic dish please study it´s background and truly understand how to make it, I would not even try any Tandoori dish without having the proper oven,it is like trying to make a Greek style spit roasted lamb without the spit,not even simple mashed potatoes had flavor. The second main course was the pork tenderloin , again no seasoning, the meat was dry and the red wine jus had no consistency.I bleive that Chef Peskias is an excellent Chef , this must of been a bad night for our food and I understand that Chef Peskias cannot be at all his establisments at once, this is why he should have passionate and professional chefs in his kitchens when he is not around. By the way, I am a Chef and have worked at Noma restaurant and The French Laundry in Napa Valley and most recently work as a Chef de Cuisine for The Mandarin Oriental Landmark Hotel in Hong Kong at Amber restaurant.

3  Thank Rick G