This is my second stay in this hotel in a year. I stayed with my 7 year old daughter. The hotel is excellent. It is set in a very quiet neighbourhood not far from train station. The atmosphere is very relaxing. The rooms and mattresses are really nice and comfortable. Free Wi-Fi in the room and at the lobby works fine. The styling very unique with emphasis in associating the hotel with the comfortable and natural feeling of the mattresses they manufacture and sell all over the world. This parallel branding really works. Small details like the packet of lavender on the bed, the nice slippers, and the box with the literature of the hotel add to the charm. There is a very friendly and easy going attitude by all staff that comes together with excellent and professional service. They can go out of their way and find ways to accommodate your needs. The restaurant serves very nice food at reasonable prices (except the sea bass that is a small piece of fish for 16 Euros). We invited friends and had dinner one night. The menu selection was limited and there was an effort to impress with the combinations that in my opinion is not necessary at all. The house wine was of excellent quality. The ice creams were also of weird combinations and not of the best I had in Athens.
The breakfast is based on Greek fresh ingredients that is a plus and it is sufficient.
I have not rated it as excellent because:
- There is no view other than a usual neighbourhood view.
- There are no tea and coffee making facilities in the room.
- Poor supply of toiletries in the bathroom (no cotton pads or shower cap)
- No vanity mirror in the bathroom
- I would prefer more simplicity in the menu.
I had my own car and it was very easy to find parking outside or around the hotel. However if you do not have your own vehicle it might be difficult to reach the hotel with public transport and might need a taxi. Another tip is that the hotel is around 30 minute drive from the center of Athens but very near to Kifissia.
I would definitely visit this place again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coco-Mat Hotel Nafsika is a cozy establishment located in Kifissia, a suburb of Athens, north of the city center, and is comprised of 22 rooms that offer comfortable accommodation. A wide array of hotel facilities and services are provided at the Nafsika Hotel to enhance your stay and to ensure convenience and ease, including wireless internet access throughout the hotel and transfer services from/to Athens airport and Piraeus port. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Coco-Mat Hotel Nafsika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco-Mat Hotel Nafsika Greece/Kifisia