“A nostalgic return to one of my favourite restaurants in Greece”

Eleas Gi Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 139 Restaurants in Kifisia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Leverkusen, Germany
“A nostalgic return to one of my favourite restaurants in Greece”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

On a recent business trip to Athens my hosts were gracious enough to grant my wish to return to one of my favourite restaurants in the northern suburbs of Athens, previously known as Ta Koupia in my time (late nineties/early 2000) when I lived down the road from this beautiful place. On arrival our cars were valet parked and we made our way to the dining room via the underground cave passageways, lit with candles to a little bar where we were offered tiny glasses of Tsiporou and olives. Having been suitably numbed into contentment we were ushered to our table next to a huge panoramic window and superb view of the Athens skyline below us. Truly unforgettable. Our host elected for the menu of 24 flavours and the delicious assault on our taste buds commenced. The battle began with a lovely mushroom soup and continued with a complete armoury of Greek tasty appetizers including the famous baked aubergine salad prepared at the table, pine seed salad, pumpkins etc etc. Having whetted our appetite we then proceeded to the main course, a huge platter of grilled meats, beef & sirloin steak, gyros & tsatziki, mini "burgers" & pork chops. I don't recall the choice of wines - let's just say that both the local white and reds slipped down with ease. Desserts included bitter chocolate mousse, pears stuffed with almond paste and a special type of ice cream.
I topped off the meal by completing the circle and returning to another glass of Tsiporou.
The service throughout was impeccable.
I was thrilled to see that, other than a name change, the standards and overall culinary experience that I remember from my past had been maintained here. Thank goodness. I only hope that it won't be another 11 years before I return.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Eyekaytoo

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
“A truly valuable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We tried the tasting menu with 24 different tastes and practically everything was very delicious. The only thing I found rather underwhelming was the aubergine spread which was made in front of us by the waiter. It was cool to watch, though. If a foreigner were to get that menu they would truly get some very representative Greek dishes done very well. Me being Greek I could find no fault with them. The meats that came as main were very well cooked.

However, food aside, the main attractions of the place for me are its gorgeous location and the absolutely impeccable service. Very highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank p_yanna
Athens
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

What a stunning natural and town background. Idyllic Greek prettiness, unmatched decoration, incredible ambiance, impeccable view and privacy! Very nice service. Excellent quality and variety of food. Unique ingredients, incomparable quality of meat. Truly amazing in every way, just 15 minutes driving distance from the center of Athens in one of the best suburbs with view, trees and a very affordable and approachable sense of luxury.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank SlimBill
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food journey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I have travelled back and forth to Athens more than twenty times but only came across this restaurant ahead of my latest trip. I wanted somewhere different to show my girlfriend about politiki cuisine (or at least a twist on traditional Greek flavours). This place does not disappoint and I would go back in a heartbeat. The entrance and greeting by the staff made me realise I had made a great choice. We ate the 24 flavour menu and had enough food to feed an army, each dish was delicious. The good natured staff were helpful but not intrusive and the view and ambience completed a fantastic evening. We are already looking forward to our next visit. Alf

Munster, Indiana
“Don't miss this culinary experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Over the years, I have eaten at some of the very best restaurants in Greece.......but none of them even come close to the food quality, ambiance and service of Elaias Gi. I am a Greek-American who visits Greece three to four times annually. I entertained some Greek friends at this restaurant and they are STILL talking about the experience many months after the fact! We had the 24 item dinner and it was incredible. The starter, a trahana soup, was the best I have EVER been served, and that includes the one prepared by my 91 year aunt from her own homemade trahana. There was not one single item served to us that wasn't extraordinary. The entire meal was made all the more enjoyable by the outstanding wine selection and the attentive staff. The cost for my party of four, with an excellent bottle of wine, was 200 euros. If I could eat at only one restaurant in Greece, this would be it!

• Visited April 2013