“Orchards Farm Cottages”

Orchards Farm Cottages
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed over at Orchards Farm Cottages for 4 x nights in May 2014 and once again had an unbelievable visit. The gardens and setting are absolutely beautiful and the cottages neat, tidy and comfortable. Our hosts, Doug & Linda always go the extra mile and I challenge all to try the amazing breakfast on the deck overlooking the river..................amazing!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
LindaRenecle, Owner at Orchards Farm Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Sean
Thank you for your kind review - it is always a pleasure to see you. We hope that you will be back as soon as the good fishing weather returns!

Best regards
Linda

There are newer reviews for Orchards Farm Cottages

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Very nice cottage located at the river side not far from Kruger. The cottage was clean and fresh, equipped with a pentry. Very good service, a very friendly and helpful hostess that came and fetched me when I couldn't find the entrance to the cottages from the road. Good breakfast

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LRenecle, Owner at Orchards Farm Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Anders
Thank you for your lovely review - we thoroughly enjoyed meeting you. We hope that you will enjoy the rest of your stay in South Africa, and that we will see you back here again soon!
Kind regards,
Linda

Reviewed January 13, 2014

A lovely stay over the Festive Season 2013 / 2014! Very close to Kruger Croc Bridge Gate - on a nice road! (Easy safe access to Kruger)
Linda made us feel very at home, bringing us party hats and champagne to use in our celebrations on New Years Eve 2014.
Quite a few mosquitoes, because of close vicinity to river and tree surroundings, so tabard / peaceful sleep etc is a must!
Great stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
LindaRenecle, Owner at Orchards Farm Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for your very friendly comments - I honestly think we had as much fun having you here, as you obviously had being here. We hope to see you back again soon. The Kruger Park awaits!

Linda Renecle

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Orchards Farm Cottages when we came back from our holiday in Mozambique for 2 nights and met my mother-in-law there to join us for a day in the Kruger National Park. At first we were a bit worried as the cottages are located in a section of road currently undergoing construction with a stop-and-go, but did not find it too difficult to get our way in and out of the cottages. It is situated in a lush garden surrounded by trees and a beautiful look-out point by the river that boasts a lot of birds and some crocs! Positives - Clean unit with all the necessary amenities, kitchen kitted out for self catering, a spacious veranda and braai, comfortable bed and really close to the Crocodile river bridge gate going into Kruger. Linda's little dog, Dogmatix, even kept us company during our stay! Negatives - unfortunately the train passes the cottages very regularly and can be quite noisy if you aren't used to it, the sleeper couch can do with a more comfy mattress. All in all we really enjoyed our stay apart from the choo-choo train!

Room Tip: Linda is extremely helpful and willing to assist with anything you need! Just ask!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very nice location close to Kruger, much cheaper compared to the Kruger lodges. Clean rooms, friendly people, very nice surroundings.The only problem was that the check out was too early for us! (10 am)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LindaRenecle, Owner at Orchards Farm Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Natalia
Thank you for your kind review - your input is appreciated.
During the quieter seasons, we do allow later check-outs. However, when it is as busy as now, we regret it becomes difficult, as check-in time is from 13h00.
We hope to see you back soon!
Linda Renecle

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great service . . . on my first visit I struggled to work out how to use the tv . . . and received polite immediate assistance.
I loved my room! It was clean and tidy with neutral colourings and a very nice feel to it. It had everything I needed for my 3 night stay.
Not having my own car, and no shops close enough to walk to, meant I had to rely on the host to provide transport to the shops to buy a few groceries for my stay. Not that this was a problem, but I did miss the independance of being able to go to the shops if I wanted to.
The location is beautiful! Breakfast on the main balcony visited by peacocks . . . a spectacular sight. Then lunch on my own little verandah was a relaxing time surrounded by garden views and so peaceful. I took a short swing to recapture the child within. Then a very nice walk, exploring the garden and other parts of the property along the river.
The laundry service was brilliant . . . put my washing in that morning, and by the afternoon I had clean dry clothes ready to wear again. Loved it!
What I liked least: having to leave. Probably that the shops are not close enough to walk to.
What I liked best: the beautiful hot shower. But then that's because I dont have this luxury at home. So that aside . . . I loved the overall atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Helen P
LindaRenecle, Owner at Orchards Farm Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Helen

Thank you for your very kind response. It was lovely meeting you, and we enjoyed your visit tremendously.

Linda and Doug

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had a fantastic time at Orchards Farm Cottages. A sight for sore eyes after a whole day of travelling. Each couple in their own chalet. Wonderful reception from the Linda. Very clean and well maintained. Comfy bed and such soft linen. The aircon and TV were appreciated. Enjoyed the beautiful peacocks, the flowing river and the sounds of the hippo's. Not too far from town for dining out. We will definitely be returning in the near future.

Room Tip: Chalets closest to the river - just nature in front of you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank svandyk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Komatipoort
Buckler's Africa
#91 of 175 in Kruger National Park
Trees Too Guest Lodge
Trees Too Guest Lodge
#1 of 14 in Komatipoort

Been to Orchards Farm Cottages? Share your experiences!