“Fantastic wine tour on bike!”

Maipu Aventuras Wine Tour in Bike
More attraction details
Owner description: Full day packs todo incluidoguided bike tour by wine and olive route in Maipu Mendoza, the wine birth place. Visits wineries with tasting included. Lunch in exclusive restaurante between vineyears full day packs all incluisive.
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic wine tour with Maipu Aventuras. We saw 3 different vineyards that were each really different and interesting. The wines we tasted were good and varied.
The trip was great and our guide Edargdo was really good at spacing the day out so we could enjoy the different wineries. He was an interesting guy and we loved chatting over a bottle of wine!
The final stop at the Olive place was an added bonus.
I would recommend this trip. It was a brilliant encounter with Mendoza's wine and the bikes made it even more fun!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

This company also goes by the name of Maipu Adventures or Wine, Bikes, and Beer but by any name it's a company that is not worth it. Edgardo will make it sound fabulous, but it's not even close!

It is over priced with terrible quality...

1. We were picked up over 2 HOURS LATE!
2. The bikes were all broken (one girl had a completely flat tire, one bike was missing a peddle, you couldn't change gears or the chains would fall off-that's if they even had gears)
3. Wineries (we visited only 3) and each only gave a tasting of 2 wines at each of the low quality wines, what a joke!
4. olive oil, only 1 place visited and we were late and missed the tour.
5. lunch- it describes a 3 course meal... it was simply three appetizers, not a real meal. Food was good but as the other people were eating asada we were eating bread with tomato paste (yes, it's organic but I mean really? This is lunch, we just biked over 12k)!
6. beer after at the bar? try getting eaten alive by mosquitoes in the parking lot of an old building
7. hanging by the pool and making an asada??? NOT even close to being included, he claimed that was only during summer but guess what, the price is the same even though you miss out on dinner and another winery

the only the redeeming factor is the horseback riding, because the other company was great, not because of Edgardo.

Bottom line: do not use this company, you are better off picking ANY other company

3  Thank Michelle K
Reviewed February 27, 2012

One of the best tours we have done on our 5 month trip around South America, the wine was great but the BBQ and company was even better. We had a busy and exciting day, and would highly recommend this tour to anyone who enjoys wine and seeing the scenery by bike. Edgar is very hospitable and allowed us to stay at the BBQ at the end of the tour much later than the stated finish time.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Lagares Hostal Indicated us Edgardo for a trip in the vineyards, I wasn't expecting too much for these reason we choose the cheapest Pack only with "empanadas".
Was only me and my wife escorted by Denise. She took us to the Inactivated cellar were they showed us how everything has started in mendoza and after that, we went to a big cellar were we know we saw how is the process of a big factory. In the lunch, I really thoutgh I would have at most 1 or 2 empanada, but we had A Lot of a delicious Empanadas de carne with a really good wine, after all I already had at the cellar before. We went to another cellar were for me , was the best wine that I ever had tried in Argentina. To finish our journey, we went to a Farm, where we just chilled out in a swimming pool, having a really good dulce de leche with wine and Chating with Aracely, edgardo and Denise. I felt so at home.
Surely the coolest tour I ever had, In Brazil would not even thing about a tour like this for the price it was!

3  Thank Paulo C