“Passionate and profesional”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Passionate and profesional”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I've decided to visit this Olivicola following the Tripadvisor comments. I came alone without appointment in the middle of the afternoon. The place is amazing, an old building which has more than 100 years. The welcome was very warm, done by Agustin, one of the son running this Olivicola. First we went to the plantation and he explained me the different type of maturities, the different types of trees, how it grows and when they harvest. Then he showed me the place where they do the selection of olives, and finally the tasting of different olives and olive's oil. The tour took about 45 min - 1hour. I had plenty of questions, which all had answer. At the end, as i was on bicycle, he also give me the phone number of the Olivera and his name in case i've trouble on the way back with my bicycle. I only can recommend to visit this Olivicola as you can feel the passion they put in their products. Muchas gracias Agustin for your explanation and the time to took for me!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jean-Marc B

Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Disappoint - Desilusión”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Cuando llegamos al lugar, lo primero que nos dieron fue una advertencia; que solo ahí podíamos ver los olivares pero nada en cuanto a proceso o manufactura del aceite oliva. Nos recomendaron que fuéramos a otro lado. Así que quedamos desilusionados. No puedo decir que sea malo pero tampoco cumplió con lo que esperaba .

When we arrived, the first thing we got was a warning: only we could see olive groves there but nothing about manufacturing process. They recommended that we go to the other side. So we were disappointed. I can not say it's bad but not what I expected.

Visited March 2013
Arlington, VA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“one of our trip's highlights”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We taxied over here from Maipu. We had a tour from one of the siblings who run & own this family establishment. We were the only visitors at that time. He showed us the olive trees, how the olives are prepared and answered all of our questions. Included were tastings of the olives and oil. We enjoyed our tour a great deal. We needed a taxi to get back to our B&B which he arranged for. It took a very long time coming and we enjoyed a great deal visiting with our guide and answering his questions about States and ours about Argentina. It was a lovely visit and when we all realized the taxi was taking forever he insisted that he was going to drive us himself. We refused and he called the taxi service. He stayed on the phone with them until it finally arrived! We were sorry to leave such a gracious host!

Visited March 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Such a waste of time”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Very poor tour and olive oil. Place is ugly. Please avoid.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank sarahgalvao
FlorenciaGiol, Propietario at Olivicola Maguay, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Hi! I´ve read your critic about MAGUAY in trip advisor and I would like you to explain me what was that you didn´t like about us.

We really do our best and it would be very helpful if you give me details of what we did wrong.

Thank you.