“Beautiful grounds, large rooms, exceptional staff”
Review of Posada Verde Oliva

Posada Verde Oliva
Ranked #1 of 11 Maipu B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here as part of a wine & cooking tour and found it a great place to relax & recuperate each evening. Julia, Karen & the rest of the staff were great and were able to accommodate our late afternoon (5pm, just as most places were closing!) request for a driver (Miguel) & 3 vineyard appointments the next day. Most nights we used Miguel for trips into Mendoza for dinner & drinks...it was nice to know this was someone Julia worked with and trusted. (Its about a $30-40 cost per night paid directly to the driver.) The rooms were spacious and the common areas (indoor & outdoor) were great for us to enjoy an evening bottle of wine and card games (we brought our own) with our travel companions. The morning breakfast was outstanding with meats, cheeses, yogurt, fruits, and best of all freshly made cinnamon bread & croissants! Eggs are made to order and were cooked perfectly. If you are a light sleeper, I suggest bringing earplugs as the road noise was surprising loud for a small 2 lane street.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank WillTravel4Food-AZ

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

A lovely place to settle for a couple of days after staying at hostels for the past 2 months. A bit on the pricey side but only for us as we're on a round the world trip and on a tight budget. Amazing home from home with beautiful, thoughtfully decorated rooms. Only 3 rooms so intimate and peaceful. A great base to sample the delicious local Malbec.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I just returned to USA from 5 days at Posada Verde Olivia. The experience was so unique, authentic, genuine, and warm that we both got a tears in our eyes when we said good bye to Julia. We felt like we were part of their family during our stay. We ate the wonderful dinner every night...be sure to ask Julia to make her home made pumkin soup! I told Monica it was my husband's 40 birthday and she and Julia made him a home made cake on our last night, which Julia's son decorated perfectly. Her husband Javier assisted in the BBQ on our last night and it was our best beef while in Argentina. This is the kind of place that touches your heart. Julia's smile and thoughtful way will stay with me always and I will never forget my time at her enchanting Posada.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley S
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We had an amazing time in Posada Verde Oliva, we wish we could have stayed longer! Julia and her team were really friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. Roaring fires, beautiful and spacious rooms, vineyards in the garden - such a beautiful place. Wine from their own vineyards was excellent, as was the empanada cookery lesson, the private wine tasting, the delicious breakfast and amazing home cooked dinner..we couldn't have asked for more! Would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cccmLondon
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is the best place I've ever been. The moment we arrived, Monica welcomed us at the car. Not an overbearing "I want a tip" kind of greeting, but a refreshingly genuine welcome. Her smile radiated warmth and hospitality. The room was exactly as we hoped; impeccably clean, simple and adequate. The guest commons area, consisting of a dining room, living room and kitchen was cozy, clean and welcoming. Outside, the vineyard is intimate and immaculately manicured and maintained. The pool is COLD - but refreshing.

It's hard to describe the allure of this place, as there are so many things about it that are fantastic. But if I had to pick one thing, one compelling reason to return, it would be the people. Julia, Philipe, Monica, and their lovely elderly German Shepard Holly. When you're there, I believe they consider you part of the family.

The most memorable meals we had in Argentina were prepared for us by Julia and Monica, and they also tought us how to make empanadas and humitas (if you don't know humitas - trust me on this - you want to). We ate their wonderfully simple creations and drank their delicious Malbec.

I went to Argentina with a girlfriend, and came home with a fiancee. I knew I wanted to propose somewhere there but didn't know what the trip would present in terms of the perfect opportunity. Walking with her through the vineyards at Posada Verde Oliva presented the opportuity. She accepted and we're getting married in October.

I will say unequivocally that when - not if - we return, we won't even consider staying at another place.

If I have to dig deep and give one word of caution, I would suggest ear plugs for the night time. The guest quarters are very close to a seemingly residential road, but at night - for whatever reason - it gets very busy with either racing cars or motorcycles... Simple earplugs worked fine for me.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank btosh0224
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband his brother and another couple all stayed at this wonderful Oasis, Posada Verde Olivia in late March 2012. Julia and her team, Monica, etc did everything they could and more to make our stay just wonderful. We ended up eating there every night as we did not have a car and not many restaurants close enough to walk to. But, instead of having the heavy meals, we had smaller things, like soup one night and chicken tacos another. Julia and her husband prepared for our last night a great Asada. The rooms are wonderfully appointed and we loved having the run of the whole building and having Julia so close by. The veranda was great. Julia also makes some wonderful wine and olive oil products. I treated myself to one of the best massages I have ever had. If we go back to Argentina, we would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Instead of getting a car, we arranged for Maurcio Molina to be our tour guide. He took us to some wonderful spots. Another excellent value.
Carol Yellow Springs, Ohio

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carol51181
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This little inn is an oasis about 15 minutes outside of Mendoza. From the minute the iron gates rolled open and we saw the beautiful property with olive trees, grape vines, and a lovingly restored farmhouse we knew we had arrived in heaven! And that was before we met Julia - the owner/manager who anticipated our every wish before we were even aware of it. She was extremely accommodating. What a wonderful and special alternative to a big hotel. I cannot recommend this posada highly enough. Make sure to try her wine...
It was hard to tear myself away from paradise at the Posada Verde Oliva.

Room Tip: There are only three rooms and I think they are fairly equivalent.