“Good choice for "asado" in Mendoza”

Casa del Visitante - Familia Zuccardi
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Maipu
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant opened its doors in 2004 and has developed an international reputation for its delicious Argentine menu. Located in the property Familia Zuccardi owns in Maipú, Mendoza, Casa del Visitante is a five star restaurant with capacity for 80 people. It is a carefully designed building where regional and natural materials dominate, creating a warm environment. From all tables people can enjoy the vineyard and mountain views. Head chef Matias Aldasoro offers two menu options: A traditional menu features key Argentine fare such as empanadas, a barbecue selection, salads, and grilled vegetables. The tasting menu is a gourmet option with emphasis of presenting regional and seasonal products.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

It was good for meat, nothing great. Nice empanadas and good olive oil. Wines were a little bit boring and predictable, but abundant. Correct service. It wasnt a highlight of our trip, but still a decent choice. If you have little time in Mendoza, I would recommend other places of course.

There are newer reviews for Casa del Visitante - Familia Zuccardi

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a Pic Nic at Familia Zuccardi. Simply perfect. The place, the food and the wine were excellent! Good option instead of eating in the restaurant.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I did the cooking class at Casa Del Visitante, which started with a breakfast of rich dense dark chocolate cake and Carmel brownies, fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee. Too much sugar for me in morning but tried items and they were fresh and tasty. Then proceeded to class (where I discovered I was only student), right in the restaurant kitchen with staff, making bread, several varieties of empanadas, and dessert pastry which I was given to eat after cooking. After eating a few empanadas, and while bread was baking, I did a wine tasting in the tasting room (separate from restaurant). When I returned to finish I was told it was time for lunch if I was ready! I thought what I had made was lunch. I was seated in the restaurant and treated to a feast of fresh mixed salad, a variety of grilled vegetables, multiple meats, with multiple glasses of paired wine. I thought I was going to explode when I left. The food was fresh and delicious and the servings more than ample. The wine pours with lunch were also very generous and the staff was very attentive which I appreciated very much as a solo diner. I was given the logo apron from cooking class as a momento. The experience was great value for cost.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

What a fantastic place to go! Me and my wife had the sample menu paired with their outstanding wines. The restaurant is very nice, rustic decored and surrounded by large windows that are perfect for watching the grape plantation while you taste the delicious and numerous steps of the menu, all delicious and very creative. Plenty of wine and wines perfectly matched to the food. Attentive but slow service, since at the very beggining of our meal, there was only one waitress for the whole restaurant, and she did what she could to make our lunch better. After a few moments, other waiters arrived and sevice then got better. Overall, it was a fantastic place to go. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Lovely location, beautiful place and wine tasting, great service, divine bbq among the vines.Thanks Mendoza Holidays for your recommendation !