“Such a long journey... With no gourmet meal at the end!!!! :(”
Review of Almacen del Sur Cava Gourmet - CLOSED

Almacen del Sur Cava Gourmet
Cuisines: Argentinean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Ruta del Vino va sofisticando su propuesta gastronómica, aquí una parada para entendidos.Almacén del Sur, la línea de productos delicatessen que ya ganó un espacio entre los conocedores de la buena mesa, abrió su petit restaurante en Mendoza. In situ, en la propia finca de Almacén del Sur, situada a 15 minutos de Mendoza capital, existe una propuesta para enófilos y amantes de la buena vida, que hasta puede sorprender a expertos y conossieurs.PremiosAcademia Argentina de Gastronomia: Mejor Emprendimiento Deli 2008Canal El Gourmet: Mejor Propuesta Deli 2008Sofi Awards: Silver Malbec Jelly
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Today we took the bus to maipu to do a self guided tour of the wineries and everything. We didn't get bikes because we figured we'd hike it, a safer option on the busy roads around the part of the city (I'm not much of a cyclist). Famished, we walked down a dusty, dirty country road, already salivating at the amazing meal we were about to have at almacen del sur. Signs helpfully pointed out the way to us. Our credit card was ready. THEN!! We got to the gate, which was big heavy and metal.... Totally locked. It was during their posted business hours and a simple typed sign was hung up to say "restaurant closed.". We were devastated. It was such a disappointment . What made it doubly sad is that maipu is a very peaceful and quiet town with no eating establishments open past 1pm. As we'd gotten to almacen del sur at 130 by the time we got to "downtown" maipu to try to make the best of it, literally everything (pizza places, bakeries) was closed besides one little sleepy kiosco. Our "gourmet lunch" in maipu turned out to be cheetos, bugles, and grapefruit soda ( the argentine version of squirt). Took the bus back to Mendoza in the end, being too hungry to seek out winery tours at that point. Sad afternoon all around. Our tip: call ahead before banking on this restaurant for your days sustenance!! Don't wing it like we always do!! :)

1  Thank Lucy_Wanderlust

Reviewed July 12, 2011

We were told to visit Almacen del Sur and there we went in my second trip to Mendoza. We just loved it! The place is beautiful and peaceful; the host, Santiago, sweet and knowledgeable, and the food!! oh my God! amazing! I highly recommend it! You can also buy the delicatessen they produce right there and for example, surprise your friends back at home with a Rose Petal Preserve! Unique and romantic! Congratulations Almacen del Sur!

1  Thank Meltraveling
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I was lucky enough to visit this place last January. It was recommended to me by a friend who lives in Mendoza. I brought some clients for a business lunch. I was very pleased. Although the area is very busy that time of year with wineries starting their yearly production as soon as we drove into the long, tree lined driveway I felt transported. The restaurant is housed in a beautifully restored, turn of the century country home, surrounded by lush gardens. Classy and warm. The staff was extremely courteous and the food was by far the tastiest, most creative gourmet food anywhere in Mendoza. I would be hard pressed to pick just one item to recommend. The prices were incredible too. An absolute bargain. And a great place to relax and unwind. I went back the next day with friends and I'm looking forward to stopping by on my next visit!

1  Thank SergioStabio
Reviewed July 8, 2011

wonderfull place, excellent service, ara away from Mendoza center, quit peaceful , in the middle of farm and wineries. owner will attend you by theirselves Magot and Santiago are excellent given suggestions and doing food pairing. the prices are ok.

1  Thank Ramirowine74
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My friend and I visited Almacen del Sur in june and can't give enough praise to it. The food was beyond delicious, especially the chivo (goat) course. Each course had it's very own taste and blended perfectly with the ingredients, not to mention the portion sizes we just right, and very filling indeed. I can't recommend it enough, Santiago was a charming and made us feel so welcome. Gaby, our server, was so attentive to our needs and descibed each course perfectly. The grounds are beautiful and the gift shop with the different ingredients used during lunch were a delite. Thank you for the wonderful meal, I can't wait to come back.

1  Thank PamLFE