Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Words can't really describe this beautiful place, but I can assure you that this was the remark of my trip to Argentina. I stayed there 3 nights, friends of mine had been there before and they loved it, everything was excellent, the hosts and also their wine(THE BEST WINE OF MENDOZA...!). This place is just like the other reviews describe it... If you plan on going to Memdoza make sure you stay there.

Room tip: Second floor room, you can see the vineyards and the Mountains.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Franco M
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I've been struggling to find something to say that isn't simply a repeat of all the previous reviews. Maybe "oasis" is a good way to describe this home, especially given that Mendoza is a desert :) Every aspect of my stay here was wonderful, but what made it particularly memorable were my hosts [Sergio & Pablo, I mean, although the 6 non-human hosts are pretty amazing as well!].

Sergio and Pablo are sincere when they tell you to treat the home as your own during your stay - I was on my own during my 3 night visit and really did have the run of the place. If you want warm and engaging conversation over some terrifif wine, it is yours, but if you want some quiet time to chill or sit by the pool and take in the spectacular views you can do that as well. The house is beautifully appointed and my room offered amazing views of the pool and vineyards. It may sound crazy but I would have been quite content if I'd not stepped off the property for 3 days, even though the main reason I chose to visit Mendoza was to visit the wineries.

I did not have a chance to have dinner at the house (I'd gone into a food coma by the end of my time in Argentina!) but the breakfasts are spectacular (Sergio's banana bread is a must!). Do take the opportunity to try some of their wines and also to learn about the winery and the history of the hosts' families in the area - I found it very interesting, even down to the inspiration behind the various labels for their wines. I could go on and on - there is nothing about this place to criticize, except perhaps that it should come with a warning, as once you arrive you will not want to leave.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Whiskey13
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights. This is a small property, in fact, it is the lovely owners' (Pablo Conalbi and Sergio Grinberg) home which includes one smaller room in the house and a separate larger room in the 2nd secluded, floor. We stayed at the top larger room, which is very spacious and comfortable, with large windows with views of the cherry orchard, vineyard, the many poplar trees and the pool. It also has a small private porch, with garden furniture.

This is a very quiet, tasteful and understated place, which is perfect for anyone who likes comfort and luxury but also a feeling of uniqueness, a sense of place and a very personal touch. Sergio and Pablo are friendly, warm and polite. They are totally unobtrusive and have the perfect mix between being great guides and advisers on all things related to Mendoza and wine-making (and also art and design) - but they give guests their privacy and adapt to one's personal preferences.

We had special requests (food-wise) which were immediately responded to. Norma made great scrambled eggs for breakfast and then when she realized we loved fruit she cut a fresh fruit salad the next morning. A wonderful homemade banana bread had my Argentine friends in heaven, exclaiming they had to have the recipe (Sergio's). The fresh cherries are delicious. Their wine is fantastic, very upmarket and rare, though.

We relaxed by the pool, read in the hammock Sergio rushed to hang among the trees for me, took walks and played with the 4 lovely dogs and 2 cats. In between we drove (with Javier, the tour guide they recommended to us when we booked) and tasted wines and food. So it was wonderful to come back to this restorative place, with its fresh air, beauty of landscape and peacefulness.

The room has a large bathroom but has no bathtub (which we didn't mind at all) yet has a built in lovely large shower. The products provided are basic (liquid soap, bar of soap, shampoo and conditioner. Nothing else). But for us that was fine for 2 nights.

No TV and no phone - and that is just as I would have it. But if you feel that is a must - this is not probably your place.
Bliss!

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2011

After seeing the movie "Road July" my dad and I visited the house and vineyards that served as it's setting.
Sergio and Pablo are very charming and welcoming and the house, the pool and the vineyards ideal for a relaxing break on anybody's routine.
The gorgeous watercolors on the walls are original art work by Pablo 's mom , the local painter Haydee Peña y Lillo. The wine tasting , a real treat for connoisseurs.
A true gem away from the maddening world.

Date of stay: November 2011
1  Thank Farmaestra
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We have just spent the most relaxing and wonderful four days at the beautiful and very accommodating B&B. Our hosts, Pablo and Sergio, are wine makers of extraordinary skill and renown. They hosted breakfast every day, and entertained us with lively conversation over their wine late into the evening. The setting is a country home that is very attractive and located in the middle of a vineyard in the heart of Maipu. It is difficult to imagine you could find a better place to stay or better company to keep.

Room tip: The second floor room has a wonderful panorama
Date of stay: October 2011