“A fantastic lunch”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Just returned from Le Scorlion Restaurant after having lunch with my wife, we sat on the terrace it was simply great. The service was excellant & every food course was to match, we have been before & we shall be going again. I highly recommend this restaurant. The lunch time menu is VERY good value.

1  Thank 979paul

Reviewed March 29, 2012

We chose a Saturday lunchtime so we could fit in a trip to the market and booked ahead because we thought it would be packed. However there were only two other diners, perhaps because the cheaper weekday lunch wasn't available. We went for the 23€ menu which started with not one, but two amuse bouches, which were scrumptious. We chose the goat cheese tart which was buttery and delicious, then John Dory with crushed potatoes which was beautifully cooked and presented, followed by a pistachio tiramisu which looked almost too good to eat! We drank a nicely chilled Côtes de Blaye which matched the fish perfectly
My only disappointment was that I was too full to manage the petits fours which were served with coffee.

2  Thank wendyredredrobin
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Having visited a number of times we keep going back because we have never been disappointed. We have also recommended it to our guests who have all loved it as well.
Their business lunch is extremely good value and the more expensive menus well worth the extra. Unlike many French restaurants they do not put the boot in on their Wine List.
Unreservedly Recommended!

1  Thank Coveyducks
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I have been coming to this region of France for 12 years and now have a holiday home nearby. I have eaten in most of the local restaurants. This was my first visit and I will certainly be coming back.!

A 3-course lunch for under 16 euros is not unusual - but not at this quality. Lentil and foie gras soup, a very fine fish fillet and an 'artisan' dessert for a fraction of what you would pay in Blighty, or at La Ribaudiere for that matter. All perfectly cooked and presented.

The building is in the grounds of the Abbey, which makes it both easy to find and peaceful. We went on a sunny autumn day, but it looks like you could eat in the courtyard in summer. Cannot fault the service either: friendly, efficient and helpful without fussing. English menu available if you want one.

Highly recommended. Book ahead.

2  Thank cwight55
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We try to go to Le Scorlion at least once a month and we have never been disappointed. The service is impeccable, very discreet and professional. The food is outstanding and incredibly good value, the wine list is comprehensive and unusually for France, not overpriced which is very refreshing. We have sent lots of friends to the restaurant and they have always been 100% impressed. I would not hesitate to recommend Le Scorlion to anyone because I know the food, service and ambiance will be superb!