“Made me love eating Ramen”

Tamagoya Noodle House
Cuisines: Japanese
Cainta
“Made me love eating Ramen”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I am not a fan of anything "soupy", I prefer my viands dry. So I did not imagine myself enjoying a ramen. See, my husband loves ramen so much he thinks he was once a samurai so there' s no arguing in trying Tamagoya. This place near our home has been getting rave reviews but it's just now that we braved the wait time and our bellies ended up satisfied. The seafood ramen that we ordered is well seasoned, you can taste the sea. My son enjoyed the Tamagoya ramen as the pork is soft. What I enjoyed the most is the Pork Katsudon, the caramel taste of the onions are very much present but not overpowering. The place is small and if you are a group of more than five, expect to wait. It is affordable compared to the other ramen houses but you get more than what you pay for as you really get to taste Japan in every sip and bite.

Visited October 2013

Manila, Philippines
“Ramen-Lovers' Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am not really a great fan of ramen to begin with but this place made me love ramen.

PLACE: quaint, and highly resembles the Japanese small restaurant. The atmosphere gets you in the mood to eat anything Japanese. However, the place is small. But the good thing about it is that it prevents children from running around the restaurant which makes the eating experience an enjoyable activity (and it deviates from the already saturated fastfood style atmosphere which is so impersonal and general). Cleanliness well kept as well.

FOOD: The food is terrific, and among my favorites would be Stamina Ramen, Curry Ramen, Kara-age, and Gyosa. Really large servings, which is a great value for the money (P140 to 200). It is not like your Japanese fastfood which is poorly prepared and too expensive for the price. However, one may find the menu selection quite limited (no sushi, makis), nonetheless, one goes there for the ramen and nothing else.

SERVICE: Another plus factor. Despite the many people who would really be impatient and irritating, the staff are fabulous in handling concerns and orders. Service with the smile. And they strictly do not accept tips. Seriously.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: One of the main reasons why I keep coming back to this place is because eating out has never been so delightful. Ramen will always be ramen, but what makes this place special is how everything seems to fall in place. This is one eating experience you should not miss out. :)

NOTE: It is open only from Tuesdays to Sundays, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Closed on Mondays. Limited parking, so make sure you come early.

• Visited September 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
“Ramen GEM! Affordable! Delicious!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Pros:
> Service with a smile and very efficient!!!
> Great food!!! For me, they have better Ramen than Domo (thomas morato) and Ramen Bar (eastwood)
> Best value for your money! (Ramen 148-198 only, Rice bowl 148-228 only)
> Good Parking attendant, and will not even ask for tips ( I tried but they just smiled and said "thank you sir") Wow! . =)

Cons:
> Parking
> small place - felt like the place was not made for a heavyweight guy, like me. haha..
*I'll be fit again soon, just a FYI! haha!!!
> You need to wait! (for big groups wait time will take longer)
> No sushi/maki

I really hope they can expand the place or open a branch in North area (west ave maybe?) If they do, please make sure the quality of food and service will be the same.

Thank you Tamagoya! We will definitely go back!

For Ramens and Japanese rice bowls tamagoya is so far the best I've tried!

I almost feel bad giving you 4/5 "very good" only since the food and price was really good! however, there's room for improvement and I feel obligated to inform the readers for the watch-outs (like parking space, etc)

Tamagoya is a Gem! =) Highly Recommended!

• Visited August 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Very affordable yet very delicious Ramen”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Easy to go to....from Marcos highway, turn left to sumulong highway and it is just in one of the streets leading to SSS Village. I always go back here for my combo of Ramen and Gyoza. Staff is very friendly and strictly do not accept tips. There is a good selection of Ramen, fried japanese fair (e.g. karaage) and rice meals. They are closed on mondays and are just open from tuesday to sunday during lunch and dinner hours. Be ready to fall in line for more than 20 minutes as the place gets very full. This has become comfort food for me and I always come back for more.

• Visited August 2013
Marikina Heights,marikina city
“Feelin' Japanese”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The restaurant's decor took me to Japan for awhile..my hubby and I were seated on their so called counter area like a typical Japanese resto I saw on food channels. We ordered gomoku ramen and I forgot the name of pork toppings with chili sauce with veggies...it was a thumbs up ...parking was a bit hassle since they are located along the main road with minimal parking slots..will definitely be back here with the whole family..

Visited July 2013