“Ramen-Lovers' Best Kept Secret”

Tamagoya Noodle House
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am not really a great fan of ramen to begin with but this place made me love ramen.

PLACE: quaint, and highly resembles the Japanese small restaurant. The atmosphere gets you in the mood to eat anything Japanese. However, the place is small. But the good thing about it is that it prevents children from running around the restaurant which makes the eating experience an enjoyable activity (and it deviates from the already saturated fastfood style atmosphere which is so impersonal and general). Cleanliness well kept as well.

FOOD: The food is terrific, and among my favorites would be Stamina Ramen, Curry Ramen, Kara-age, and Gyosa. Really large servings, which is a great value for the money (P140 to 200). It is not like your Japanese fastfood which is poorly prepared and too expensive for the price. However, one may find the menu selection quite limited (no sushi, makis), nonetheless, one goes there for the ramen and nothing else.

SERVICE: Another plus factor. Despite the many people who would really be impatient and irritating, the staff are fabulous in handling concerns and orders. Service with the smile. And they strictly do not accept tips. Seriously.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: One of the main reasons why I keep coming back to this place is because eating out has never been so delightful. Ramen will always be ramen, but what makes this place special is how everything seems to fall in place. This is one eating experience you should not miss out. :)

NOTE: It is open only from Tuesdays to Sundays, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Closed on Mondays. Limited parking, so make sure you come early.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Pros:
> Service with a smile and very efficient!!!
> Great food!!! For me, they have better Ramen than Domo (thomas morato) and Ramen Bar (eastwood)
> Best value for your money! (Ramen 148-198 only, Rice bowl 148-228 only)
> Good Parking attendant, and will not even ask for tips ( I tried but they just smiled and said "thank you sir") Wow! . =)

Cons:
> Parking
> small place - felt like the place was not made for a heavyweight guy, like me. haha..
*I'll be fit again soon, just a FYI! haha!!!
> You need to wait! (for big groups wait time will take longer)
> No sushi/maki

I really hope they can expand the place or open a branch in North area (west ave maybe?) If they do, please make sure the quality of food and service will be the same.

Thank you Tamagoya! We will definitely go back!

For Ramens and Japanese rice bowls tamagoya is so far the best I've tried!

I almost feel bad giving you 4/5 "very good" only since the food and price was really good! however, there's room for improvement and I feel obligated to inform the readers for the watch-outs (like parking space, etc)

Tamagoya is a Gem! =) Highly Recommended!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Easy to go to....from Marcos highway, turn left to sumulong highway and it is just in one of the streets leading to SSS Village. I always go back here for my combo of Ramen and Gyoza. Staff is very friendly and strictly do not accept tips. There is a good selection of Ramen, fried japanese fair (e.g. karaage) and rice meals. They are closed on mondays and are just open from tuesday to sunday during lunch and dinner hours. Be ready to fall in line for more than 20 minutes as the place gets very full. This has become comfort food for me and I always come back for more.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The restaurant's decor took me to Japan for awhile..my hubby and I were seated on their so called counter area like a typical Japanese resto I saw on food channels. We ordered gomoku ramen and I forgot the name of pork toppings with chili sauce with veggies...it was a thumbs up ...parking was a bit hassle since they are located along the main road with minimal parking slots..will definitely be back here with the whole family..

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Located beside a car repair shop near the end of Sumulong Highway, the journey to taste Tamagoya! Noodle House's famous Stamina Ramen can waylay even the most ardent ramen fans. If you can endure the perennially sluggish pace of traffic going to the Marikina area and the offensive driving of jeepneys plying the Montalban route, you'll be rewarded with one of the better ramen joints in Metro Manila. I hesitate to say authentic since I haven't eaten enough ramen in Japan to judge for myself, but from my feeble experience of eating thrice in Tokyo, I can say it's pretty close.

When you finally get through the doors of Tamagoya, it would seem you have been transported to some hole in the wall ramen joint in Japan. There's a long bar in the first floor with a few booths. Larger parties can go upstairs in the second floor where there are several tables that can seat around 4 to 5 persons.

The aforementioned Stamina Ramen, a spicy miso (I think) based broth is a real winner. There's the obligatory shio and shoyu offerings along with my son's favorite Curry Ramen. All are satisfying. The non-ramen food are also excellent with the Tonkatsu as my favorite. No wonder, this place gets full during lunch and dinner despite its relative remoteness and quirky schedule (Closed on Mondays; Open from 11AM to 2PM and 6PM to around 9 or 10PM)

Since I live just 10 minutes away from the restaurant, it's a blessing that I wouldn't have to go to Makati to taste good ramen. In fact, why should I go to Makati when I get ramen of comparable quality and quantity for less than 200 pesos!

4  Thank hizonfire