“Hidden Gem of Antipolo”
Review of Pinto Art Museum

Pinto Art Museum
Reviewed December 8, 2014

My friends and I decided to take a short trip to Antipolo, Rizal last holy week and it led us to discover one of the hidden gems of the city which is the Pinto Art museum! It houses a collection of modern art in the Philippines and we were in awe to see such an amazing place. The gallery was filled with various paintings and artworks from our very own artists. I can say that it’s one of the beautiful places I’ve seen and it’s really worth a visit!

You can check their Facebook page (Pinto Art Museum) for additional information and I suggest that you go see and spend some time here with your friends or family!

2  Thank zrnvllhrms
in 51 reviews
"students"
in 52 reviews

Reviewed November 13, 2014

Pinto might not be in the busy central part of Manila, but that's what makes it beautiful. Travel around 45 minutes to 1 hour from Makati City to reach this piece of heaven.

I think this should be part of the itinerary of each art-loving foreign tourist. Artworks here are nicely curated, under various themes - sometimes socio-political, sometimes religious, sometimes romantic, erotic, most times very Pinoy. Each piece magnificent in their own way.

There are 5 galleries to discover which might take 2-3 hours, but the whole place is also something to explore too. Enjoy scenic views of the city (Pinto is located on a hilly area), enjoy the architecture, feel free to read more art books, and lounge in sofas and sun beds scattered around while you have good coffee. You would want to stay the whole day. :)

(Don't forget to bring your camera!)

1  Thank Isai M
Reviewed October 19, 2014

A great showcase for Phillipine Art. The location is set in very pleasant surroundings on a sloping hillside site. The galleries consist of a number of hacienda style structures dotted around the compound. As you enter one gallery it is evident the galleries are curated according to a common theme or style. The vistas that are provided by the large window and door openings create a frame that draw you into the next gallery. A thoroughly enjoyable morning was spent here and I was impressed with the variety and high level of art that was on display.

1  Thank Noworriesimfijian
Reviewed October 12, 2014

The Place was very hard to find since there were no signage going to that establishment. Thank god for Google Map and a bystander who was able to tell us where the place is. Entrance fee was 150 + Road Users Fee 20 Pesos. Not Bad. The Place is filled with arts coming from unknown artists . Since I am a novice in art appreciation, despite having gone to the Louvre Museum and the Metropolitan Museum. I could say that our trip here was satisfactory. I plan to go back next time, to appreciate the other artworks. The humid weather that day, made it very hard for us to appreciate the art. But nonetheless it was a change of pace especially coming from the city.

17  Thank Atiyadlc