“Creative collections in an art compound”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pinto Art Museum

Pinto Art Museum
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Creative collections in an art compound”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

It was an unexpectedly big compound that includes quite a collection of different kinds of art - from the more traditional paintings to sculpture to resin art (check out those wire and cast resin art) to those strangely lovely art installations (the intriguing room called "Forest" a personal favorite!). These are all housed in intelligently connected galleries and beautifully scattered in random spots just about anywhere. Latter kind of makes you want to be really observant of things around you.
The compound itself is seemingly work of art as it appears well thought of how the galleries, gardens and steps are interconnected that place seems perfect for aimless wandering. If you get tired, you can always sit on benches (and even beds) in the garden almost anywhere. There is also a pool though I am not sure whether guests are allowed to take a dip.

What I also appreciate is how thin the 'crowd' is. Guests usually come in twos (lovers mostly) or small groups that serenity of the place is preserved.

The map says there are two cafes in the compound but we were able to try only one that is handled by Bizu. Food was tasty but limited and a bit on the expensive end. If you are on a budget, may want to eat first before going to gallery. If you get thirty though, there are 25-peso juices (lemon grass, watermelon and buco) available at some sort of a stall near the entrance.

To get there, one could ride an Antipolo-bound jeepney at P Tuazon Cubao. Total travel expense at Php34 (jeepney) and Php40 (tricycle). Entrance fee to the gallery at Php150.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank TengCorrea

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“One of my favorite spots near Manila”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is truly a beautiful place! The art gallery is spread across a piece of land with tons of trees. Very peaceful and rarely many people there. The art collection is all Filipino and has a wide range of artists. Each corner you turn, there is pure beauty. There is a restaurant (Bisoux franchise) which is fine. Would prefer something more unique than a franchise in such a magical place. Great spot to take little kids to be in the outdoors. I never get sick of going here. A true oasis near to Manila. The museum is owned by a well-known neurologist from St. Luke's Global City.

Visited November 2013
Fiji
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A place to see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Visited this place with two of my good friends, one of my friends hubby and her daughter. We all enjoyed the place. For an entrance fee of 150 pesos for adults and 75 pesos for kids we were able to see beautiful paintings and art collections plus the landscaping is nice. We took some really good photos. I must say it was a great way to spend the day. A nice, quiet and beautiful place to visit. Thank you to the owners for sharing your collections and your beautiful land.

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“An art oasis tucked in an Antipolo subdivision”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

The museum and the gardens alone are a must see. Most art works are contemporary with a bit of social commentary (read: leftist) leanings. Our guide on many occasions, a long time artist, caretaker and gardener, is cheerful and clearly loves his job and his workplace.

There are several souvenir items from Ilocos, the home province of the owner, which are reasonably priced. A cafe also serves lunch, snacks and dinner (by reservation) but I don't recall when days it's closed.

This is always a pit stop for us in Antipolo after the Church.

Visited September 2013
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Serenity mix with culture ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

My hubby and I went there to appreciate a good view and what I saw was enlightenment. I actually found peace in knowing we have an astounding group of artistic people. The sculptures were awesome and the architectural and interior design were relaxing. It's another picture perfect venue. In here I learn to appreciate being a Filipino more. True some of the paintings depict we're victims of materiality & colonial mentality. It didn't help that currently we have the porky politicians. But what I saw in those paintings are Filipinos who love their fellow citizen enough to wish they wake up and learn to appreciate their culture.

I took my kids and artistic brother on our following visit. They love it. The kids hoped to stay longer but the restaurant was full and they're hungry.

This place can be a new sanctuary to anyone who needs a bit of inspiration, positive motivation, love.... I'll try the food next time. :)

More power to the owner. Thank you for sharing your collection. Cheers!