“What a letdown!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Antipolo City
Casa Ibiza Resort & Events Place
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Antipolo City
“What a letdown!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

First, do not be fooled by what's on their website. Everything there is at least 5 years old - which is no longer what it is today. Even the direction going to the site is wrong. I told the guest relations officer about it when we checked in on October 26, 2013 and she said something like "oh, so it appears it hasn't been changed". That's how dated the info is.

Second, for the rate that they are charging (we got a 'Grand Villa'), it's not value for money. Unlike most of the reviews here about Casa Ibiza, my family spent 3D/2N on regular rate, not promo rate. So we definitely paid more. Hence, we expected more. But we were disappointed. The villa assigned to us had an unpleasant smell (specially in the dining area). There were cockroaches crawling, my 9-year old son would scream every time he saw one. Many of the lighting fixtures were busted. The toilet and bath areas did not have shower curtains, hence it got flooded when one took a shower. The towels were so old and worn out they don't look white anymore, and some of those given us were actually torn and have holes in them. There was no phone or intercom that one could use to reach guest relations or housekeeping or the restaurant. To speak to a hotel staff one has to go out of the villa and seek the staff in their respective locations. The front door to villa 112 where we stayed was hard to open and close because it was literally scraping the floor and was squeaking really hard. We had to literally lift the door by the door knob to open or close it and to avoid the loud squeaking sound.

Third, while the staff themselves were friendly and respectful, the service was poor. When we requested for another set of towels for Day 2, I had to personally go to housekeeping twice just so we get the towels fast. I even told the staff that I would bring the towels myself to the villa if they could not do it. I do not know if hotel management is scrimping on supplies, but when we requested for table napkins at the restaurant we were given a roll of toilet paper! We also expected that because we were there on regular rate we would at least get fast service - but didn't. In fact, when we ordered dinner in the restaurant we were told that we would have to wait for at least 40 minutes because they were preparing the dinner of the guests who availed of the promo vouchers.

Before I went to Casa Ibiza, I told my colleagues in the office that I will see if the place would be right for off site meetings/events. Given my actual experience, I have to say it isn't.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Mar H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We bought a voucher from Metrodeal, P2999 which was an overnight for 5 persons with complimentary breakfast.

The place is accessible enough even thru public commute. The lawn is spacious. Check-in is fast, but there's a mandatory deposit of P2,000 which the resort didn't advised when I reserved a room. All the incurred expenses on their restaurant will be charged on this deposit upon check-out.

The Villa reserved for us was 102. It's a two-storey villa. The first floor has a small living room with two-sitter couch, tv with cable and center table; a kitchen with sink, refrigerator and dining table for 5. While the second floor has 3 rooms (1 room with double bed and 2 rooms with single bed), and 2 bathroom. The aircon on the 3 rooms are working properly. Since the first floor has no aircon nor electric fan, we just open the rooms upstair so that the cool temperature from the aircons will reach the first floor. It felt like having a centralized aircon, lol.

After an hour of rest in our room, we decided to have a drink at their restaurant and go for a short swim since their pool was unoccupied. The resort's restaurant is small, I think it's good for 30 persons but few of the chairs were broke and accident prone. Though there are cabanas where you can also eat, some people still prefer to eat at the restaurant. The pool was enjoyable since we have it for ourselves.

We opt to go to the main town for dinner since the food at the restaurant is expensive and it's not worth of the value! There are a lot of choices of fastfoods at the main town; there's Jollibee, Mang Inasal, Shakeys and KFC.

This place is good enough if your looking for an overnight stay/relaxation or barkada get-away without having the hassle of long travel. Will I go back and stay again here? Probably yes, only if there's a discounted voucher. But if on a regular rate? No.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jeanycula
Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We bought a voucher from Ensogo for an overnight accommodation with dinner and bfast for 10. Knowing all the negative comments I've read, I already had my expectation ceiling for this resort set lower than usual. But to our surprise it turned out a very nice and relaxing weekend for our family. We were given unit 110 (grande villa, i think) with a parking lot good for 1 vehicle. We were 7 in the family and the rooms were comfy. We enjoyed the living room especially the tv where we spent most of our non-swimming/eating time. The pool was quite small for a large number of crowd, but thanks to the weather (rainy) most of the people opted to stay in their room making room for us in the pool. The cabanas were free of use and are for sharing. You can bring in water and snacks FREE of charge just be sure to eat them (especially bread) inside the unit you're checked-in to. The only downside of this are the keys. We were about to go out and my mom absentmindedly locked ALL the room door. This is really what we should do, but the thing is she forgot to check if all the keys for each room is there. I ended up knocking the check-in personnel so she could help me find the key to our door which turns out that it was not included in the set of keys they gave us. But aside form this, there were no other instance that we experienced any problem with the resort.

Room Tip: Have the A/C turned on prior to your arrival and have all the door locks checked before going out as...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Anna H
Taytay, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We bought a voucher from ensogo.com which was good an overnight stay on their deluxe villa for 5 persons and free breakfast. But still needs to pay 2,000 for check-in deposit, but it's fine since we can use it on their restaurant, and we can claim our change on check-out.

Service: They are all friendly and accommodating.

Rooms: It was great! It had a fridge, cable LED TV, 3 bedrooms, all with air conditioner, cabinets, 2 bathrooms, a small veranda. There were also 2 towels and toiletries provided. Only that lighting on the table was not working. Sink on the kitchen needs to be cleaned. Mattresses were thin but overall interior is good.

Food: Food was not worth it. Courses cost 250 and above, took so long to serve. Servings were okay but taste is a no-no. Tastes just average, so I didn't think it should cost that much. Breakfast was served cold, and orange juice tastes like water. Corned beef had too much onions on it. Small amount of serving. I suggest just hide foods on your bag as they were not checking it or just buy outside, so you can save more.

Pool was nice and very well designed. There were floating leaves but they clean it everyday.

Resort was spacious, I suggest they should build more villas and pools.
Overall, if you're travelling with friends, it's okay, IF and only IF, it is in its "ensogo value". It's not worth it to stay and spend that much if it wasn't in promo because it was all expensive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tintin C
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We booked for 2 grand villas under ensogo, the deal includes dinner and breakfast for 10pax per villa, the price is about 6700 I guess, or 6500? Knowing its bought from group buying site, therefore probably about 55-70% will go to casa Ibiza-lets assume about P3,500. Comparing what we had to the price 3500, it's pretty much okay for 10 pax, fully air conditioned room for 3 rooms, 1 room that can fit 1 queen and sofa bed with veranda, 1 room with single bed with pull out, and 1 room with single bed and single mattress on the floor. The air conditioner is pretty much doing its job really well, I don't know if its new, but they are all functioning. The linen were clean, the floor and cr tiles were clean also. The living area and kitchen were clean too.

The pool, 1 for kids-2ft and the other is 4-5ft. The size is okay for 20 people to play and hang out with friends. But if you like to really swim, hmmm, you cannot do lapping here, pretty much of a dipping pool or short swim only.

The dining area is okay and the staffs were really doing what they can to give very good service.

There is an ample open space to run around and play for kids and kids at heart.

Now these are the things we think need some improvement
1. Some lights are not working or don't have bulb at all, it will be more pleasant to have a brighter room or place especially at the stairs.
2. The sink at CR needs to be cleaned thoroughly (althought the tiles are clean, no molds), the sink is already stained and it took a while for water to drain. The toilet bowl was already very old. And this is the same with the other cr too. I was not able to check the other grand villa.
3. The water do really needs more pressure. The water heater were working very well though.
4. I had to kick the door to open (you can also hear the doors of the other rooms). And we had to wait for a couple of hours to receive the key. Initially, we were informed we had to wait until the next day(!!!) to receive the key because it has to be duplicated. We told them, there were lots of key duplicating services just minutes outside their place, and so the staff said, he will just give us the original key.
5. And then the FOOD.
Dinner. Some food taste good like the ensaladang talong where nobody can go wrong if you paired it with good bagoong, inihaw na Bangus, shanghai. Fried chicken is okay, but the ginataang gulay...or was it ginataang gulay?... Extra rice is really expensive, a cup for P44. It says its pandan rice but I cannot smell any aroma of pandan nor a hint of taste. And you can gauge the price, if a cup of rice is 44...
Breakfast. I had to add 3 more breakfast meal for a price of 180 or 140, I can't remember. But the corned beef is about 2 tbsp or less (not heaping spoon, flat spoonful), with scrambled egg-I don't know if its a whole egg or maybe it's a small egg? The smoked fish-Gigi 2pc- the size is okay, but the taste...ummm I can't say it's bad, but not good either. But the fried rice is good.
Comparing price with taste of food, it is highly recommended to eat outside as there are lots of good restaurants minutes away from the place. Even if you eat at Max's you can still save some money.
Overall, I go to places because of food, then amenities, and facilities. If I will be given a chance to stay free on this place, I will think twice...

But... Maybe the management was thinking of upgrading the facilities and services as they are giving promotions, but I think focusing on food service, price of food and its taste can really do a big difference...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Kkaattzz
Makati City
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Need a place to sleep, you can take this as an option. The villa is so spacious and you can freely move around. This place should be nice if they were able to maintain it. The villa is just "so so" and they don't have the toiletries that you need. For a 5 pax accomodation, we were provided with two soap and shampoo, in sachet. One for each toilet. Towels are only two and small enough to be use for the face.

Corkage is quite high so we decided to just order inside the resort to avoid any inconveniences. However, the waiter and cook seems to be one person only. It took us some time before somebody took our order. The price of the food was quite high considering the taste of it. It was so salty and they have very limited options to choose from.

The pool was nice since there is not much people swimming but the entire pool area was not impressive. The TV was not initially working well and it took us 5 calls, using our cellphone since they do not have intercom, before the personnel came to fix the TV.

The people there were courteous though, at least something that I can say positively about this resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Antipolo City hotels

Beijing, China
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Been fool not to check the reviews before. Pace is pleasant outside,old and bit crappy furniture but its antipolo. But the room is just horrible,got a 2 bedrooms ,ants running on the bed,filthy toilets,dusty ..a total real CRAP!for 5500 pesos. We escape right after dinner( very forgottable) cos I found rooms elsewhere(calospa,room are clean at least),thanks God,otherwise I don t think I could have sleep there. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed April 2013
Loreland Farm Resort
Loreland Farm Resort
#1 of 4 in Antipolo City
Altaroca Mountain Resort and Events Place
Altaroca Mountain Resort and Eve...
#11 of 14 in Antipolo City
Date and Dine Resort
Date and Dine Resort
#1 of 14 in Antipolo City

Been to Casa Ibiza Resort & Events Place? Share your experiences!