“A humble place with a nice and relaxing feel”

Seven Suites Hotel Observatory
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Antipolo City
Rizal
“A humble place with a nice and relaxing feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'm from Rizal and I thought I've exhausted all the overlooking places in Antipolo. It was only recently when I discovered Seven Suites. My friend and I was just supposed to get a bite at Grilla when we saw that there was an establishment just a few steps further.

We decided to explore and saw the whole compound. Since we were new to the place, we inquired at the Front Office if we can tour the place. They were kind enough to allow us to roam around. Found out that there's a small pool and a garden. What immediately came to me was that this could be a lovely place to listen live acoustic music. :)

Anyway after walking for a few minutes, we decided to sit down. We ordered 2 slices of Choco Caramel Cake and sat by their black-and-white themed cafe. The place is quiet, ideal if you want to write or read a good novel. Best to hangout there late afternoon until evening.

Next time, I promise to not only have cakes and coffee but to check in. This place looks promising. :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I attended a wedding in Mango Farm and we had a little bit too much to drink. A group of remembered this place from our High School days so we decided to inquire.

Good enough, they had rooms available. Booked 2 rooms.
Room was so so. But it was clean and comfy. It wasn't bad for the price. The lady at the front desk was really accommodating providing extra pillows and a nice pot of brewed coffee.

Breakfast was decent. Typical pinoy food, but it did the job.

Overall it was a nice weekend spent.

Room Tip: Take the top floor area. It's best!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went there for the observatory of the Panstarr viewing a few days ago. Wasn't really planing to stay the night but we were offered a great deal on a room and it became one of those spontaneous overnighter.

The room was clean and pleasant. Staff was very attentive and courteous. Breakfast could have been better but not bad.

I guess that's what I love about Manila.

Will definitely come back.

Thanks Seven Suites.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ulan-Ude, Russia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I booked ALL ROOMS at this hotel for TWO NIGHTS for our wedding. It was a disaster!

1. Upon check-in, some keys didn't work. Other guests had to wait to have it fixed. The bride was given a key that works on other doors but didn't work on her door.

2. During breakfast. We were only given tocino, rice and coffee (no option for tea). We specifically told the hotel that most of our guest are coming from Russia and Europe. NO OPTION FOR CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. The coffee they served was NOT hot.

3. The groom (that's me) was not served breakfast! They said that breakfast is only served till 10am. I ordered at 930am. I waited for 30 minutes until they told him that they cannot serve him food. WE ARE ONLY TALKING ABOUT ONLY FRYING TOCINO.

4. The next day, they served fried bangus to our foreign guests. They have no sensitivity that most Europeans don't eat rice for breakfast and they did this twice. We had to bring our guests to next door restaurant. But we had to wait for 30 minutes until the restaurant opened.

5. Building construction was on-going during wedding. Group of workers stayed near the honeymoon suite and made guests uncomfortable (esp the bride & groom). They even spoke to my wife (bride) in Filipino and said something like "party party!" My wife is Russian and cannot speak Filipino.

6. Two of my guests requested for a taxi and got a nod from the reception. Guess what, both of them never got their taxis. Employees were always on FB and were not happy to answer guests' inquiries about the hotel and area. It was the street sweeper who helped my guest get a taxi even if he didn't speak English.

Although our wedding ceremony went very well (the caterer/waiters were commendable). The hotel and events organizer were incredibly inefficient and rude. Two events planner resigned during our planning. The manager was not apologetic when she was charging me corkage for "basic" instruments. We had a long debate on inclusion of sound system in our contract. They insisted it's not included. They only retracted when they finally saw the original contract. It's an embarrassment! I have everything document in an email thread.

THINK TWICE IF YOU ARE THINKING OF HAVING YOUR WEDDING AT SEVEN SUITES OR CRAVINGS GROUP OF COMPANIES. If you must, save all your agreements and record your conversations. They cannot be trusted. You have to play it safe.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough space to narrate our frustrations with Cravings events. But shame on the management for making it hard for us. We had a very small wedding.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
26 Thank Andrae W

Travelers are raving about these Antipolo City hotels

Taguig City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Me and my wife went there last Saturday for to avail their promo of stellar dinner date. Some things can be improved:

- nice place to view manila at night.
- ambiance for a dinner date was not good --- just a white cloth put in the table
- food tastes good but TOO expensive for a very small serving
- hotel manager/supervisor was very accommodating but irritating as well. Trying hard to please customers. Always say sorry for the things that they haven't delivered like cake for the dessert, etc.
- Nice stargazing. View from the top is very romantic.
- Not recommended for older ones or people with heart failure. Very tiring going up since no elevator.
- Physically, hotel can be improved.

I cannot recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mon M
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel which is within one hour leisurely drive from the Makati Central Business District (sometimes it could last only 30 minutes depending on the day and traffic conditions) is the only hotel in the Philippines which offers guests a thrilling experience to peer through the universe at large with their telescope that ranks 4th in terms of vision quality the country - thus the viewing of the stars and everything beyond the earth becomes a really fascinating experience. Located in Antipolo City with an elevation of some 1000 feet, it gives you a birds eye view of Metro Manila day and night. The food is excellent and the accommodations above average.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Vic A
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

The hotel was not hard to find. I needed to be near Antipolo City to visit family. Reception were polite and friendly. They made me feel special during my stay. I must say nothing was a trouble for them. The guard even ran 100 metres to the main road to get me a taxi! The hotel is modern and currently under renovation. The noise was not too much and the pool was still useable allthough workmen were working overlooking it. The room was comfortable, shower was warm enough and the bed was adequate. The lobby, games room and cafe are not airconditioned, the large fans can cope on a warm day but in summer probably not. The pool table was well utilised by me. The small open cafe/breakfast area was fine and the included breakfast small but sufficient. I did have to ask for salt, pepper and condiments but they did arrive. The internet option of wifi was only good right next to reception, some routers are needed to make it a stronger signal. I cant comment on the much advertised telescope. The astronomer and the telescope were NOT available during my stay of 2 days a real dissapointment there. Overall its a work in progress. Rated B-

Room Tip: One not near renovations
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Cafe Lupe Bed and Breakfast
Cafe Lupe Bed and Breakfast
#5 of 14 in Antipolo City
Altaroca Mountain Resort and Events Place
Altaroca Mountain Resort and Eve...
#11 of 14 in Antipolo City

Been to Seven Suites Hotel Observatory? Share your experiences!