Stayed here as a couple and I don't know if my standards were low but our overall experience was very good despite the negative feedback we've read from here. The place is just very near but was peaceful, private and quiet. I think the place is not so popular that's why there were not many people with us on our visit even if it was on a weekend. We availed of a promo they have so we've got an overnight accommodation at their Saturday Room w/complimentary breakfast, a massage for 2, stargazing and use of billiards & swimming pool all for a price of Php3999. That was way lower than their published rates. Their published rates were a little bit pricey so if it wasn't for the promo, we could not have gone there. haha! Here are the summary of our stay:
Room - The room was clean but there is this one mosquito whom we killed. The bed was very comfortable, there were additional hotdog and throw pillows. The bathroom was well-maintained except for the door, but that was really minor.
Food - The complimentary breakfast is Filipino Style. You get to choose between different ulam. What my partner have chosen was good, but mine (which was Garlic Longganisa) was a bit bland. But I guess that was just a bad choice.
- The SUGAR which is offers unlimited cakes and coffee for Php200/pax is generally ok. I liked the Tiramisu Cake, the other cake flavors and the brewed coffee were just pretty normal. Its just sad that you only get to choose among four flavors and the other 2 cakes on the display were not among the "unlimited" deal.
- For dinner, we also availed of the unlimited pasta and pizza plus bottomless drinks for php250/pax. The pasta were good, only that for me, it could use a little more of sauce and meat. The Cheese and Pesto pizza was great.
Pool - The pool at first looks dirty, but i think it was because of the color (navy blue). There was a jacuzzi but we were not able to use it since it was not turned on. The pool area was not well lighted at night so its a bit creepy to use. I'm not sure when was the last time they changed the water in the pool. The deeper area has a little bit slimy feel on the floor.But we enjoyed swimming because it was only up to 5feet, and has the feel of an infinity pool and was very private. We were like the only people swimming during that time until a couple with a kid arrived to join us.
Staff - They were all very polite, accommodating and always smiling.
Massage - The massage was above average and was very relaxing. Its just a bit awkward that they do it inside your room and we happen to forget to put the lights on dim effect.
Stargazing - We only get to see two planets that time: Mars and Saturn. There was nothing so special that you can see thru their telescope for Mars. The view of Saturn was great because of its rings, you can see it clearly. The other stars we were not able to look at because according to the in-house astronomer, what we can see in naked eye was just the same. The moon happens to be absent that time, sad. :( But according to the astronomer, we can clearly see the moon's craters if it was a full moon. The astronomer was not so friendly with us I guess. haha! Their rooftop was a great place to oversee the city lights. It was just sad that it was raining that night so we did not had the chance to stay there and relax sometime.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and may consider coming back on a full moon. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- They say that the future is in the stars. Marvel at what the universe has to offer with our powerful telescope on our roof deck which will show you the stars and the planets in a way you have never seen them before. Our in-house astronomer is on hand to give interesting lectures about the stellar night sky ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Seven Suites Hotel Observatory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 7 Suites Hotel Observatory