Lucky Bug B & B
$990
Travelocity
Hotel El Sueno(Santa Elena)
$26
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$135
$84
  • Breakfast included
Lost Iguana Resort & Spa(Arenal Volcano National Park)
$195
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$450
TripAdvisor
Rio Celeste Hideaway Hotel(Tenorio Volcano National Park)
$163
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Castillo del Arenal(El Castillo)(Great Value!)
$59
$42
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$249
Linda Vista Hotel(El Castillo)(Great Value!)
$107
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsart gallerysmall lakebutterfly roomsun suitethe ownercosta ricagift shopfrench toastunique itemscorned beef and cabbageapple strudelbutterfly gardendelightful hoststhe breakfast areagreat place to staybed and breakfasteach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Lucky Bug is truly a unique place. It offers picturesque lodging, beautiful one of a kind hand made art, great food and a wonderful host. Monica is as welcoming and friendly as she is talented. So wether it's lodging nestled between a fish filled pond and the RainForrest, a great meal, great shopping or wonderful conversation, the Lucky Bug has something to offer everyone. I can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: May 2013
LuckyBugCostaRica, Owner at Lucky Bug B & B, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your nice review and choosing the Lucky Bug for your stay. I am now considering doing more special occasion dinners based on the success and good times your family had here. We all enjoyed ourselves, so not only did I prepare the food for you, but I also enjoyed socializing with you guys as well.
Thanks again and see you again when you come to Costa Rica.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have been going to Costa Rica for the last 10 years and our trips would not be complete without a trip to the Lucky Bug. We have watched Monica's family, gallery, and bed and breakfast grow over the years. It truly is a MAGICAL place to be. I LOVE to stay at the Bed and Breakfast and hear all of the sounds of the rain forest as we sleep. The special dinner that Monica and her staff prepared for us was amazing and her company was even better. The shopping in her gallery is the BEST in all of Costa Rica. We have purchased so many of the special pieces of art there and carried them home to Florida. Our home is a great reminder of Monica and our special times with her at the Lucky Bug. I cannot hardly wait for our next trip.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very comfortable and beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Julie for your kind words. I especially enjoyed preparing the meal for you guys. Your family is so cordial and fun to be around, and I am so glad you chose The Lucky Bug for your trip. Hope to see you next year again.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have known Monica for the better part of a decade. The lucky bug is an amazing place to stay, and the food she prepares is amazing! It is one of the things we look forward to during our trips to Costa Rica. If you miss this stop you are only cheating yourself.

• Stayed: July 2012
LuckyBugCostaRica, Owner at Lucky Bug B & B, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your nice review. It is always nice to see all of you and we always seem to have a great time. I enjoyed preparing the dinner for you guys and socializing. It was great fun. You guys are great guests and I am looking forward to the next time you come to Costa Rica. The dinner I prepared for all of you has made me think that maybe I should do that every now and then here for other large groups. See you next time.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was our first trip to Costa Rica & we didn't want to stay in a big crowded hotel. Found The Lucky Bug in a guide book & are we glad we stayed there! There are five rooms, but we were the only ones there for the first five days since we were there @ low time. Monica & Luis prepared our breakfast every day with lots of delicious fruit. Sea bass for lunch was wonderful. The town of Nuevo Arenal is only 5 minutes away with other restaurants. Watched hummingbirds during breakfast on the porch, listened to howler monkeys & canoed on the lake. Monica, Rob & Luis are the greatest hosts & feel we are friends now. It was hard to say goodbye, but we'll be back!

Room Tip: We had a second floor with a balcony which was great!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
LuckyBugCostaRica, Owner at Lucky Bug B & B, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

So glad the two of you enjoyed yourselves. It was unique that Gary was just happy watching the birds all day on my private lake from the restaurant. We had some good ones that week. The Tiger Heron and Bell Bird was especially fun to see. It is not a zoo here, so the birds change all the time, but we almost always have the Toucans, and Chachalacas and Kingfishers.
Anyway, I hope all is well and I am so glad we could make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had a peaceful evening with friends here. Had a great breakfast. The owners are great people and the grounds a beautiful. Birds dverywhere. Like a little slice of Eden. Probably the best pancake in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Glad you enjoyed your stay, and so glad I could provide a brief respite from the heat of Playa Panama. Come back anytime if it gets too hot for you. :) And I will be glad to make my pancakes for you anytime.