“This is where to go for your sunset view!”

Restaurant by the Lake Tinajas Arenal
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Nuevo Arenal
Cuisines: Costa Rican, International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Opened in 2013, Tinajas Arenal is a family project perfectly situated at the edge of the Arenal Lake. Our family settled in Arenal many years before Lake Arenal was created in 1974 and Nuevo Arenal was established. With a green organic garden. Tinajas is a wonderful place to eat while traveling this beautiful area, with glorious sunsets and a dock for boat access, this new lakeside retreat is a hidden gem. It is the perfect place to relax and take nice pictures of the lake and the sunset
Reviewed August 19, 2014

One of the best sunset views you can find in Nuevo Arenal and you can eat and drink while watching it! Favorites are the patacones and chocolate banana batido. They have a really nice vegetarian wrap I like, too:)

Reviewed August 16, 2014

This off the beaten path restaurant had wonderful food and an even better view. Highly recommend it!

1  Thank irondreams
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I loved this restaurant so very much! In fact, while we were there, I said this was my favorite restaurant I had ever eaten at, anywhere! The atmosphere is just so very nice. The restaurant has a beautiful view across the lake, and the open air restaurant itself is just adorable. The food was delicious. And to make it even better - the prices were great! Like I said, I loved this place! Make sure you go while it is still light out, so you can enjoy the view. We got there maybe 20 minutes before sunset (thank goodness). The road to the restaurant is extremely bumpy, and near the restaurant there was a cow in the road who did not want to move out of our way - but those things just added to the charm of this place! Loved, loved Tinajas :)

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have been a local resident (Nuevo Arenal) for almost 5 years. The view from this restaurant is stunning. the food is superb (I am a chef, and don't say things like this without reason), and the prices are moderate. Steaks are US quality (unusual in Costa Rica) and the seafood is always fresh from the Pacific Ocean. When you're in the Arenal area don't miss this one. Moya's in downtown Nuevo Arenal is also very good.

1  Thank JsLore1
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I'm on vacation for a month with my family. We've been to Tinajas twice in the past week and have found the food and service to be outstanding. I fed my family of 6 for around $50 and that included a little bit of everything: chicken, comida typica, sea bass and shrimp, patacones (highly recommended), and hamburgers and fries, drinks, and more. Cindy is the perfect waitress, hostess, and friendly face who ensures that everything is perfect. Just follow the signs. The rocky dirt road will wind down and around close to the waterfront. It is outside of town. But the food is fresh, made to order, and prepared to your liking.