“Highly recommended”

Pacific Trade Winds
More attraction details
Owner description: Pacific Trade Winds is your one stop source for private tours and adventure travel in Costa Rica. Take a private tour to Arenal Volcano and then unwind in tropical hot springs. Hike through the jungle to a gorgeous celeste blue waterfall surrounded by emerald green rainforests. Our all-inclusive tours will allow you to unwind on beautiful tropical beaches after touring, exploring and adventuring the rainforest and volcanoes. We'll take you to Costa Rica's top destinations such as Arenal Volcano, Manuel Antonio, Monteverde, Puerto Viejo, Tamarindo, Samara or the Osa Peninsula. Certifications include ICT, Canatur, BBB and more.
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 8 day trip to Costa Rica organized by Pacific Trade Winds and we highly recommend them. Our flight from NJ was cancelled and we missed our connection to Liberia and had to fly in the following day. The reps at Pacific made arrangements so we were picked up the following day and were very easy to reach. The only negative was that we had already paid for a day tour which we missed and they were not able to get us a refund for that day. We hoped that they could talk to the actual tour operator and do that for us.

In the middle of our trip, we decided to change our itinerary and go to Tamarindo instead of Playa Samara and they took care of us and booked us at a great resort in Tamarindo, the Tamarindo Diria. We spoke to Gretchen who was very helpful throughout our trip.

I think its possible to plan your own trip and be fine but Pacific Trade Winds just put our minds at ease knowing that if anything went wrong, they would be on the ball and assist us. I was willing to pay for that

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"from start to finish"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We travelled to CR with another couple - arranged thru Pacific Trade Winds. Three days in Arenal area and four on Pacific coast at Hilton Papagayo resort. Trip was all inclusive with side trips for eco tourism and canyoneering at Arenal and sailing, fishing and beach time on Pacific Coast. Everything went without a hitch. We had a free day and wanted to play golf so I contacted PTW agency and they set up everything. Great personal attention. Very pleased.

3  Thank wsmith11
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We booked our Costa Rica adventure through Pacific Trade Winds and could not have been more pleased with our vacation. I found the staff very knowledge and willing to work with our requests to visit some of the less traveled areas in Costa RIca. The hotels were all clean, comfortable and in beautiful settings. Transportation was reliable , professional, friendly staff. I would definitely recommend Pacific Trade Winds !!

3  Thank Mary G
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I booked what turned out to be a GREAT vacation with my 13 year old niece through Pacific Trade Winds. I can't say enough good things about the professionalism, responsiveness, knowledge, and availablity of the staff at PTW. I questioned them on several of their suggestions and always received a prompt and thorough response either by email or phone. I ended up going with all of their original suggestions and was very impressed with how excellent everything was.

We did not need to contact the Pacific Trade Winds staff during our trip but I am confident they would have been available to resolve any issues for us but none arose. They did contact me via email after a day or two in Costa Rica to check in but we were having too much fun to be to respond.

Our trip was only 1 week but we were able to squeeze in Caribbean Beach time in Peurto Viejo, a couple days visiting the Arenal Volcano area and a couple of days in Monteverde. Through PTW, we booked snorekeling, rain forest hike, river rafting, and zip line all of which were SO FUN. All the pick-ups and drop-offs (including to/from San Jose airport) were spot on time with clean vehicles, friendly and coureous drivers with good instructions (when necessary). PTW tailored everything to our request.

I will definitely return to Costa Rica and definitely use Pacific Trade Winds without hesitation in the future. As in many of the other reviews everything about this trip planned by PTW exceeded my expectations. My niece loved it, can't wait to return and wants to learn to speak Spanish so she can communicate with the wonderful Costa Rican people. A great trip!

3  Thank sfojcr