“Beyond Expectations”

Pacific Trade Winds
More attraction details
Owner description: Pacific Trade Winds is your one stop source for private tours and adventure travel in Costa Rica. Take a private tour to Arenal Volcano and then unwind in tropical hot springs. Hike through the jungle to a gorgeous celeste blue waterfall surrounded by emerald green rainforests. Our all-inclusive tours will allow you to unwind on beautiful tropical beaches after touring, exploring and adventuring the rainforest and volcanoes. We'll take you to Costa Rica's top destinations such as Arenal Volcano, Manuel Antonio, Monteverde, Puerto Viejo, Tamarindo, Samara or the Osa Peninsula. Certifications include ICT, Canatur, BBB and more.
Reviewed April 24, 2013

When we decided to take our trip to Costa Rica we were fortunate that friends told us about Pacific Trade Winds. I looked them up online and after reviewing the many packages I sent them an email. I was amazed at how quickly I received a reply back...and not just a reply but an itinerary. A couple hours later I received a follow up phone call, we discussed the itinerary and things I wanted to modify. By the next day I had itinerary number two in my inbox. After a few questions and some adjustments we finally settled on itinerary number three.
Within days we received a welcome pack that was full of helpful items but it didn't stop there. For the two weeks leading up to our trip I received an email almost every day with more helpful information and tips. I also sent several emails with questions, each one was answered thoroughly. By the time we left I felt very prepared for the trip.
What I didn't know was just how great the experience would be. As soon as we cleared immigration at the airport we were met by a Pacific Trade winds representative who led us through baggage claim and on to our Driver. Alvin, our driver was very friendly and knowledgeable, he made the 3 hour trip to Arenal Springs go by quickly. We enjoyed him so much that we requested him for the drive to Manuel Antonio later in the week.
We only experienced one issue on our trip...and Pacific Trade winds handled it extremely well. Upon arriving at our second hotel we were immediately unhappy with our choice and knew that we would not enjoy our stay there. We went to the room and I called Pacific Trade winds for help. Within 45 minutes we were in a taxi who had been instructed to drive us to 3 other hotels that had availability. We re-made our decision and were very happy with the new hotel choice. Pacific Trade winds went above and beyond to make sure we were happy even though we had made the mistake.
Costa Rica is an amazing place and Pacific Trade winds planned the perfect vacation for my family. Rappelling, Whitewater Rafting, Hiking, Kayaking, Zip lines...every tour was perfect. There are certainly many companies that provide these activities but I can say that the ones we had were top notch. The staff and guides were all very friendly and made sure that we we comfortable, safe, and enjoying ourselves.
Costa Rica was one of our dream vacations, Pacific Trade winds made that dream a reality. They helped to give my family a vacation experience that we will remember forever.

There are newer reviews for Pacific Trade Winds

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Just tell them what you want to do in Costa Rica, tell them how much you want to spend, and in 24 hours the lay out your program. At very discounted prices! they work hard, reply to your emails within an hour. Pura Vida!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I found Pacific Trade Winds here on tripadvisor.com - called and asked for a sample trip - and away we went!

Just back now from our trip - and I can say from the experience of an amazing trip - their staff and skills are top notch. Everything was exactly as expected, and their hotel and adventure recommendations were outstanding!

If I were to travel back to Costa Rica, or have friend or family go - I would highly recommend using Pacific Trade Winds - you will find that you have a more informed and easier trip - and that is a lot to say about traveling in Costa Rica, as when I started the planning process, I was completely overwhelmed with options and locations.

1  Thank ScubaJimAtl
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We recently returned from a trip arranged by the Pacific Trade Winds Agency S.A. of Costa Rica. We absolutely had a great time and the best thing about it, is I didn't have to do any internet planning. Our transportation was in small, 10 person vans, with guides and times that were scheduled perfectly. The tour companies tPCT picked were awesome, and we always had 24/7 help in case of any problems or emergencies which we never had. Visiting Tortuguero and staying at the Turtle Beach Lodge in the deep jungle was definitely one of the highlights of our trip, as was Arenal Springs Resort overlooking the beautiful Arenal Volcano with hot springs on the resort. We adored Hidden Canopy Resort in Monteverde, loved the daily rainbows, the treehouse room with the netting over the bed, "Happy Hour" and especially, Jennifer the owner and her wonderful staff- everything was perfect. Our tours we picked were adventurous and guided by knowledgable staff, the Costa Rican food was delicious, and we would return there in a minute. We also stayed a week at a condo at Hotel Condovac La Costa, which we enjoyed immensely. We saw so many animals we lost count! All in all, our first planned trip went off without a hitch and we truly wish we were there right now! Pur Vida!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have dreamt about visiting Costa Rica for years. Our family loves nature and Costa Rica is the place to go. I had checked many options and always found them to be out of our price range. Now that my oldest turned 15 I realized i just had to do it so I researched once more and found Pacific Trade Winds after I listed that we wanted an adventurous vacation. Wow, they were wonderful, quickly replying to my inquires and interests, putting together our perfect vacation. They were also extremely affordable. There was no stress whatsoever on this trip as every detail was prepared and taken care of. From the moment of touch down we were helped by the most wonderful, friendly people we have ever met. We rented a car with Pacific Trade Wind's help and encouragement and loved having that freedom. All of our tours were awesome, guides wonderful as we zip lined, rappelled, white water rafted, snorkeled, kayaked, wildife observations, mangrove night tour, guided hikes, etc.
Our accomodations were incredible with jungle views and privacy at the Arenal Observation Lodge and jungle/ocean view at Si Coso No in Manual Antonio. This vacation turned out to be the most relaxing, and enjoyable trip in the most beautiful country I know.
Thanks for making this trip so memorable Pacific Trade Winds.