“Pacific Trade Winds”

Pacific Trade Winds
More attraction details
Owner description: Pacific Trade Winds is your one stop source for private tours and adventure travel in Costa Rica. Take a private tour to Arenal Volcano and then unwind in tropical hot springs. Hike through the jungle to a gorgeous celeste blue waterfall surrounded by emerald green rainforests. Our all-inclusive tours will allow you to unwind on beautiful tropical beaches after touring, exploring and adventuring the rainforest and volcanoes. We'll take you to Costa Rica's top destinations such as Arenal Volcano, Manuel Antonio, Monteverde, Puerto Viejo, Tamarindo, Samara or the Osa Peninsula. Certifications include ICT, Canatur, BBB and more.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pacific Trade Winds”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We want to thank Pacific Trade Winds Travel for the great trip they put together for us. The places they suggested we visit were all fabulous. The Hanging Gardens at Arenal, Cano Negro Riverboat and Leaping Lizard Catamaran at Flamingo Bay were fantastic. We had a wonderful guide at the Monteverde Cloud Forest.

Our accommodations were very nice. Arenal Springs Resort and Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa were beautiful and the service was exceptional. We were unprepared for the extremely rough highland roads, but the transportation and connections worked perfectly. Most of the drivers spoke English very well and all were polite and knowledgable.

Their trip and excursion suggestions turned out great. We were glad to have them as our agent when they helped us recover our documents we had left behind.

We had a wonderful time and recommend Pacific Trade Winds travel.

Finleyville, Pennsylvania
“Costa Rica Adventure”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We returned from our lifetime vacation and everything went great from the moment we touch down to when we left.. I can't say enough about Pacific Trade Winds and all the staff we interacted with in working with us to plan the trip to meet our needs, being there to clarify questions along the way and making all the arrangements. Everything that you said you would do, you did according to plan. My wife and I were impressed as all three places we stayed were top quality each with its own personality with view of beach, view of mountains and view of volcano. Each place had exemplitory accommodating staff, the tours scheduled were great and there was not one time when our transportation was not on time. This took such a load off to know that our ride would be there as we traveled from place to place. Jen at Hidden Canopy Treehouses created a very cozy atmosphere. I wanted to put a plug in for our last driver Hugo who drove us from Arenal to San Jose airport as he was just wonderful. He provided us with great conversation and pointed out some sights we would have missed otherwise. What a great way to end our trip. We also appreciated the favorable weather you were able to arrange as we had only a little bit of rain the night we left. This good weather allowed us to enjoy all our tours, see some beautiful waterfalls, birds, monkeys and reptiles and a clear day to view the volcano on the boat ride from Monteverde across Arenal lake. You guys are good!

Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The customer service provided by Pacific Trade Winds was fabulous. They organized everything. When we were there, I had forgotten to mention that we were on our honeymoon and they updated the other locations. As well when we got back to Canada I noticed that one of the day trip discs was blank. I was so upset, but Pacific Trade Winds was able to find us those photos and had them mailed to us. I could not have been happier.

London, Ontario, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We let Pacific Trade Winds know what we wanted to do on our weeks vacation in Costa Rica - they took that info and custom designed a vacation for us that we will never forget. They organized everything from getting picked up at the airport to delivering us back a week later and everything else in between. We went zip lining, white water rafting, a hike in to a waterfall and stayed at two resorts - one near the Arenal volcano and the other on the Pacific coast. I thought it was great that if there were any problems, they were based right where we were - but we never had to call them - everything was perfect - highly recommend them! A week of no worries - they know what they are doing.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great company”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

It was the first time I was using an outside travel agency and I must say I was a little bit worried at first. I took the time to research PTW on the Internet and tag all the reviews I could. They were all positives and I understand why - what a great team. Everything was booked properly from the airport transfer to the hotel's and the activities.

We started in the Arenal region, followed by Monteverde to end our trip in Manuel Antonio. Overall, everything was great.

We Alec for a change during our trip, the weather was really bad in Monteverde and we requested to go to Manuel Antonio 1 day earlier. PTW worked out the details of canceling the room in Monteverde (without fees - thanks to PTW and Poco a poco), being a transfer and booking a new room all that within less than 1 hour and mostly through email. They contacted me by phone at the hotel to confirmed everything and everything was settled.

Thank you.