“Excellent travel agent for Costa Rica” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pacific Trade Winds

Pacific Trade Winds
More attraction details
Owner description: Pacific Trade Winds is your one stop source for private tours and adventure travel in Costa Rica. Take a private tour to Arenal Volcano and then unwind in tropical hot springs. Hike through the jungle to a gorgeous celeste blue waterfall surrounded by emerald green rainforests. Our all-inclusive tours will allow you to unwind on beautiful tropical beaches after touring, exploring and adventuring the rainforest and volcanoes. We'll take you to Costa Rica's top destinations such as Arenal Volcano, Manuel Antonio, Monteverde, Puerto Viejo, Tamarindo, Samara or the Osa Peninsula. Certifications include ICT, Canatur, BBB and more.
Houston, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent travel agent for Costa Rica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We recently returned from our honeymoon in Costa Rica for which we used Pacific Trade Winds. I was hesitant to use the services of a travel agent but this company was wonderful. They helped us design a trip that suited our requests and budget, provided excellent and accurate advice about locations and activities, sent ample and highly useful information before the trip, and used service providers that were professional and on-time. They sent regular updates and emails about the trip prior to our departure, including a packet of maps, luggage tags, etc. All of our activities were wonderful, and the shuttle drivers always on time. The schedule was perfect for us - a good mix of down-time and activity. Finally, I found their fees to be very reasonable. I would highly recommend this company for any type of trip to Costa Rica!

ann arbor
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent services”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We just got back from our first trip to Costa Rica (Dec 30-January 10) that Pacific Tradewinds help plan with us. We had only began the planning at the end of November. Throughout the process and while we were there, the staff were courteous, efficient and accommodating. We got our itineraries (which we changed often) quickly in email to us after we talked, and they were helpful to any suggestions we made for hotels and bookings hotels,drivers and tours. They were very up-front with additional costs that resulted from our changes, and providing us with time to make decisions that influenced our budget. Our itinerary was a bit complicated as we had multiple adult children coming and going on different flights. We were especially grateful to have a local travel agency available to contact when one of our adult children was delayed due to airline snafus, and Pacific Tradewinds could serve as the communicator back and forth to us, making the necessary travel adjustments to help us out. When we made travel changes in Costa Rica, they also sent us whatever was needed right to the hotel.
In sum, I would recommend them without reservation!!!

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Job well done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

They did a good job planning my trip. They communicate very well with email and phone....high service quality. Reasonable prices. Handled the changes well and were prompt with the refund.

Visited December 2012
“Best travel advice and exceptional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our family just returned from an exceptional trip to Costa Rica. We used Pacific Trade Winds and I would recommend them unreservedly.
We had a large number of wishes on our list, but no clear idea how to make the trip work best. Having described our desires to the PTW rep, we were presented with a preliminary itinerary within hours. They were endlessly patient as we went back and forth changing plans.
We were completely happy with every aspect of our trip. We chose arranged transfers rather than driving ourselves, and the service was seamless, with very friendly drivers. The accommodations were exactly as described. and lovely. And each pre-arranged activity (zip line tours, white water rafting, an excursion to watch sea turtles nest, etc) was excellent. Speaking with others who had done extensive research themselves, on each occasion we were booked with the best supplier.
We missed a flight connection, resulting in our arriving a day late and in two separate parties. A call and then emails with PTW made the changes in arrangements seamless, and rescheduling our activities meant we still hit all the high points! This is a company with a "can do" attitude.

Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent quality travel planning - Pacific Trade Winds was the right choice for us!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

My family and I just returned from Costa Rica...what a fabulous vacation, arranged by Pacific Trade Winds with attention to all the details. To date, I had never booked a vacation through a travel agency of any kind...I had always booked my own travel, hotels, cars, activities. I met people during the trip that had done that, but they were not any better off, and in some cases, they did not have the resources or influence to book activities during the busy holiday season. By my estimation, I probably didn't pay much more in total for all of the travel, activities, lodging and meals than the do-it-yourself crowd, but importantly, I didn't have any stress, I didn't have to spend hours researching and comparison shopping, and I still had the flexibility to do all the activities I wanted to. I felt sorry for some of the travellers who were trying to drive their rental cars in a country without street signs, and those who wish they could have entered into Manuel Antonio park (it maxes out in the morning).

Overall, the Pacific Trade team here in the U.S. and locally in Costa Rica provided excellent advice and planning, very professional and helpful support throughout. The guides were friendly, knowledgeable, and passionate, and they spoke English very well. They made the trip a true pleasure, a vacation that we'll never forget. I'll look to them again when travelling to Central America in the future.

Visited December 2012