“The highlight of our trip!”
other travelers have booked this property
View from the Casa Blanca Entrance Gate
Outdoor Bar
Outdoor Shower near Jacuzzi
Planter off Villa I Patio
Walkway Between Villa I and Villa II
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Any
Danielle...
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“The highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed May 24, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I can't even begin to describe the beauty of this property. It was the highlight of our trip. We wish we would have spent the whole trip here as once we arrived it was hard to leave. The seclusion aspect of it was incredible, we were the only ones on this whole lot of 4 houses. The scenery, landscaping and view of Lake Arenal is amazing. There are so many peaceful vibes radiating from this place!! My son said he wants to live there forever! Great location to reach all the area has to offer. HIGHLY RECOMMEND: follow the signs for the local butcher.. best rib-eye I ever had (for next to nothing). Take it back to the wood burning grill on the property and enjoy the sunset! Thank you Taylor for being so accessible and helpful. Your reviews, recommendations, directions and friendliness went along way! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HOOKING IT UP AND FOR HELPING US MAKE OUR TRIP UNFORGETTABLE! WE WILL CERTAINLY BE BACK!

Date of stay: May 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lounging areas to enjoy the scenery!
Liked least: Leaving!
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
matzlm
Stuttgart, Germany
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 23, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Casa Blanca was our last (of 5) rental during our Costa Rica trip. Without doubt this was the very best..Beautiful architecture, great view, perfect kitchen, high quality furniture, nice garden, ... . Thanks to Marc and Michelle.

Date of stay: April 2016
Jess M
Longview, Washington
“Beautiful villa, property and view”
Reviewed May 16, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We stayed for two nights in May of 2016 and even after seeing the beautiful pictures online, the property did not disappoint. The owner, Marc, was very prompt and helpful in his email replies prior to and after booking . Ty, his property manager was also willing to assist us with any questions via email or phone prior to our stay and during our stay. We called Ty twice the afternoon of our arrival to update him on our driving progress (we were coming from Monteverde Cloud Forest). It was dark when we arrived in Nuevo Arenal and when we drove past Gingerbread Restaurant and didn’t see signs for Casa Blanca, we went back to the Gingerbread parking lot and called Ty. TIP: In the dark, the Casa Blanca sign and gate might as well be invisible. If you’re in the parking lot looking at the Gingerbread Restaurant, at the right/East end of the parking lot, there is a large stone and iron gate to drive through. We didn’t see it at all. The next day, in the light, you can also see an iron sign near the gate, hanging by the road that says “Casa Blanca.” Ty was at Casa Blanca when we pulled in and since we were in a hurry to go back out and get dinner, he kindly obliged us with a quick but thorough tour of the property.

It’s as beautiful as the pictures, if not moreso. I wish we’d booked Casa Blanca for a longer stay. The entire property is beautiful and feels secluded and private. I really appreciated knowing that only one rental at Casa Blanca is booked at a time, so you can enjoy the grounds, hammocks, spa, etc. in privacy. We had no problems with the WIFI during our stay (including during a thunderstorm).

I would rent Casa Blanca again in a heartbeat if we came back to Nuevo Arenal but keep in mind, this is Costa Rica. There is no A/C at the property. Not all the doors have screens. And there are some bugs. After living in Houston for a decade, I’m used to annoying, biting bugs (mosquitoes, etc.) but I never got bit while in Costa Rica because it’s not those kinds of bugs. The bugs don’t fly around you or bother you (it's more like moths that fly around the lights). There is beautiful netting around the main bed in Villa I. But my husband swears that in the middle of the first night, there was either a bat or bird in the house. I was so tired, I didn’t care and told him it would fly back out. We never saw any evidence of anything like that the next morning. We slept better the second night when we opened the front doors also, for a cross breeze. And, in addition to the ceiling fans throughout the property, we used the standing floor fan from the second bedroom to blow on us as we slept. The floor fan also helped provide white noise in the morning, otherwise, the birds and insects and howler monkeys can be heard while still trying to sleep (by around 5AM). But this is why you come to Costa Rica! We found it best during all of our travels in Costa Rica to just go to bed around 8PM or 9PM and get up by 5AM. Having the lights on once it’s dark (after 7PM), just attracts bugs anyway and the sun and wildlife wake you up in the morning.

I did see a monkey in the tree, out the beautiful, large window when cooking breakfast and there were several kinds of beautiful birds to be seen from the spa and balcony. Casa Blanca is peaceful, wonderful and beautiful and Marc and Ty are great to work with. I’d highly recommend this beautiful oasis in Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica.

Date of stay: May 2016
Liked best: Privacy, view/backyard
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Ratnasamb...
Zurich, Switzerland
“Absolutely gorgeous!”
Reviewed April 24, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

One of the most gorgeous houses I stayed in. Loved everything: the tasteful interior, the outstanding views, the amazing veranda. And the climate is great, warm with cooler nights. Could be a place to live!

Date of stay: April 2016
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
connie_ca...
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing Stay!”
Reviewed April 4, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed at Casablanca for 1 week in March and could not have enjoyed our time more. We had originally booked the Junior Suite as it was just the two of us, but when we arrived we found out we had been upgraded to the larger house and also that we would have the luxury of having the property to ourselves. The large home was immaculate and had all the amenities of our own home, making it very easy to relax and make ourselves comfortable. We loved the separate patio space as we enjoyed spending the day reading in the hammocks and enjoying the stunning view of Lake Arenal. We self catered for most of the trip and found the kitchen to be well equipped. The architectural design and interior were inspiring and truly embrace the landscape of the property and area. Nuevo Arenal had excellent dining options and the grocery store and bank were centrally located. It was only a 5 min drive to town and 50min from La Fortuna where we enjoyed many activities. Ty was always available by phone and he helped us book our activities and managed to save us some money in the process as he has good relationships with the local companies. Ty went above and beyond for us and we appreciated his help when needed. This is an amazing rental and incredible value. We would recommend this property to absolutely everyone and hope to stay again next time we visit Costa Rica. Pura Vida - Connie and Blair

Date of stay: March 2016
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Audrey H
“BEST vacation ever !!”
Reviewed March 21, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

My first trip Costa Rica will be remembered for a lifetime Beautiful home and lush surroundings.Your million dollar view of Lake Arenal is outstanding. You must see for yourself !! New cottages almost complete,can't wait to stay in one. I will make sure I book early ! Close to town and so friendly people . Ty the manager was so helpful in making all my reservations for all the right spots. MARC the owner was so gracious to answer all my questions. Could not have been more perfect ! I highly recommend Casa Blanca ! Audrey Harris. St Charles , Missouri

Date of stay: March 2016
GreenGrae...
Santiago, Chile
“B-E-E-U-Tful”
Reviewed February 11, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Casa Blanca has a gorgeous view of Lake Arenal, beautiful and comfortable furniture, and a relaxing Jacuzzi. It is essential to have a car if you stay here, as it is about a 45-minute drive to Fortuna (on a scenic road), where most of the tours and hot springs are located. Although it’s a bit of a drive, it was nice to return to a peaceful and quiet house, instead of staying in the touristy area of Fortuna that doesn’t have a view of the lake. It rained quite a bit while we were here, but it didn’t stop our young kids from having a lot of fun on the balcony and the patio with the hammocks. Also, Costa Rica’s #1 restaurant, The Gingerbread House, is located right at the bottom of the hill from the house, and it has absolutely outstanding food. As well, Tyler, the host, was friendly, helpful and accommodating.

We loved the privacy of the home. The owner usually only rents out the entire property to one group regardless of if you are renting the small, large or both homes. Refreshing change to have a owner so concerned about the quality of the experience. Both of the villas have very open floor plans. This provides a remarkable ambiance. However, you need to be comfortable with a loss of personal space because a bedroom is open to the living room of either villa.

It was the perfect place for us, highly recommended!

Date of stay: January 2016
Traveling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing