“Amazing Stay, Amazing Place!!!”
other travelers have booked this property
View from the Casa Blanca Entrance Gate
Outdoor Bar
Outdoor Shower near Jacuzzi
Planter off Villa I Patio
Walkway Between Villa I and Villa II
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Any
Marilia20...
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Stay, Amazing Place!!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

My fiancé and I stayed in Villa one from Jan 3-7th 2016 and we absolutely loved the house and property. I have traveled to many places for work and pleasure and this by far was the nicest place I have stayed at. The kitchen was fully equipped and we loved cooking in it and enjoying nice dinners outside. Tyler the property manger greeted us when we arrived and was extremely helpful with helping us book tours and gave us great advise on what to do and see while in Arenal. We went water rafting on Tyler's recommendation and it was by far the best adventure we did during our two week stay in Costa Rica. Trust me, my fiancé and I were very reluctant to go because we aren't great swimmers but Tyler assured us that is would be fine and he was right. Tyler also arranged for us to get massages at the house and pointed us to the Gingerbread House restaurant just down the hill, all amazing.
Come prepared for rain everyday but the sun did manage to come out in the afternoons for some breathtaking views. Bring some light rain jackets if you're going to do any hiking and a flashlight is also good to have with you.
Marc and Michelle have great taste and have a wonderful property. They have paid attention to detail and it really shows. Great taste guys!!

Marilia & Graciano

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The decor and layout of the Villa, also the view!!
Liked least: The rain but not their fault
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
jolopicco...
Halifax, Canada
“This was our own private paradise”
Reviewed January 3, 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Casa Blanca, located a couple minutes from the town of Nuevo Arenal is a stunning vacation home. We enjoyed the view every day of our three day stay - I wanted to just hang out on the front verandah with a good book and enjoy the view all day (bit with two young kids - that wasn't happening!)! Various birds came to the feeder throughout the day, the kids enjoyed the outdoor covered jacuzzi and playing bocce ball in the yard. It was quiet, private and very peaceful. The interior of the house was beautifully decorated and very spacious. We had no difficulty finding it (no GPS required - Marc's directions were fine) and we enjoyed a few dinners out in Nuevo Arenal (recommend Tinjados and Moyas). We travelled to La Fortuna for zip lining one day, and although it was a scenic drive, the twisty turny road was not very fun. Marc was quick to answer any questions we had and Tyler met us at the property for check in. The housekeeper did a very thorough job of cleaning and access to the washer and dryer on site was very much appreciated.
i would recommend this Villa to anyone travelling to this area of Costa Rica.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Peoria, Arizona
“This house is the BEST”
Reviewed December 14, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We have traveled to Costa Rica many times and always love spending time in Arenal area. Until this time we have stayed in hotels that range from $160 to $220 per night. Let me say after staying at Casa Blanca I will always be staying at Casa Blanca. This house and property is so amazing that I will plan my future vacation to Costa Rica around the availability of Casa Blanca. The over sized hot tub and very comfortable seating around the hot tub make it a perfect place to relax and enjoy the well groomed grounds. The outdoor cooking area is spacious and easy to use. The villas are really nice homes. Having rented many other homes in various parts of the world I can honestly say that Casa Blanca is a home not just a rental. It has everything you need to have a comfortable stay and more. The furnishings and decor are what you expect in a home not a rental. I found nothing in the home that was broken or didn't work properly (if you have rented vacation properties before you know there is always something broken). The property manager Ty is very helpful and responds very quickly. We only had to call him to ask opinions of restaurants not any home related issues. If you are traveling to Costa Rica do yourself a favor and rent Casa Blanca.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house felt like I was in my own home. Very clean and everything worked properly
Liked least: I disliked nothing.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Skip S
“AWESOME”
Reviewed October 13, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Traveled with ex-wife, son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren. And another grumpy man and "fiancee". He gave the place one star and complained the whole time... so he can be ignored. Beautiful place and well taken care of. There were minor hiccups that were taken care of quickly and politely. View is awesome and buildings beautiful. Handy to town and restaurants. Roads are newly paved and accessible. Don't expect air conditioning, but all other amenities are provided including hot showers, wifi, and hot tub. Folks are friendly and the place looks like the postings on line. Clean and tidy. Owner works hard to make sure your visit is a good one. Love it!

ryan35584
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Sooooooo Relaxing”
Reviewed October 7, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

We all had a great time. The view was amazing. The place had everything like home. Tyler the property manager was great and at times was just like having a free travel agent on hand. We did end up going with one of the most disgruntled individuals I have ever met though. He complained about everything everywhere we went. We know who not to go on vacation with again.... Anyway, the place was great, and I were you, I would book it asap.

chewi2005
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Best Time at Lake Arenal!”
Reviewed September 23, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

This property is beautiful and a perfect spot for our family. We rented all 3 villas and it was perfect. Beautiful views( I would have liked to post photos but Trip Advisor erased everything 2 times when adding them!). Toucans, hummingbirds and many other colorful birds coming to the property all day. Bring a good camera for close up nature shots. We celebrated an engagement and two birthdays. Kind of a steep road to get up there but typical of Costa Rica. 4 wheel drive would be best.

We went to a great restaurant in Nuevo Arenal called Casa Paniaqua and went fishing with Captain Ron. Both great experiences!
Would love to return next year!

Paul I
Spring Hill, Florida
“N/A”
Reviewed September 17, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I arrived with a party of six people earlier this week.

The outside grounds were kept well and the view was wonderful.

After a very brief tour from Ty , he informed us that the wifi was down in one of the villas and he would get it fixed and help us plan some activities at 10 am the next day ! He called the next day and said he would arrive later in the day ! He never showed up !

After walking more of the properties amenities down we discovered that the hot tub heater did not work and the waterfall would not prime or work ! We were informed that someone would also exterminate the stinging wasps that were on the deck , but know one ever came to resolve this issue !!! ( I ended up exterminating them myself !)

I few more hours into the day our tv signal and wifi went down , leaving two villas without wifi !

At the small villa the gentleman wanted to cook something and discovered there was no gas bottle hooked up ! Later also his refrigerator quit working and his food was spoiled !

My fiancé went to take a bath and discovered that there was no tub nozzle connected to the fitting in the tub ! There is also no door handle on the back door to properly shut the door. The dyer also could use a new element .

Also construction was going on the whole time we were there ! So much for R and R in a quiet environment .

All and All I can basically say that the property was not properly inspected Prier to to us arriving and commitments were not kept !

Disappointed to say the least ! In the present state I would not recommend this property ! I work for a company of 60 thousand employees and was asked to give several my opinion of the property !

This property can be fixed with a little TLC and be back to what others pryer have have given high marks !

Paul

Management Response
Oct 7, 2015
After several wonderful emails and text messages warning me from everyone in this gentleman's group explaining how miserable he was on every stop on his entire visit to Costa Rica I should have known this was coming! They have all commented on what a wonderful time they had and in fact one in the group is looking to book again next year???? We have on occasion lost internet connection for an hour or two and for that I apologize and cannot control but the rest of the comments are just NOT THE FACTS!! The hot tub and waterfall are BRAND NEW and are controlled by timers which were shown to some of the group at time of check-in, Ty called the guests the next morning after checking in to see if he could help them with any tours at 9:00 am. At that time, whom ever answered said they weren't sure what they wanted to do for the day so Tyler said to talk to the group and call him back, since he would come over and discuss options once everyone had a chance to talk. That call never came? Our appliances are all brand new and have never had an issue, it's ice cold even this morning since Tyler just checked it after this wonderful review!!! ha We work very, very hard as you'll see from the dozens and dozens of all 5 star reviews and I know you can't win them all, I was just glad to hear that everyone but this gentleman had a wonderful time and we'll continue to strive to make sure EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing