“Great house in Nuevo Arenal”
other travelers have booked this property
View from the Casa Blanca Entrance Gate
Outdoor Bar
Outdoor Shower near Jacuzzi
Planter off Villa I Patio
Walkway Between Villa I and Villa II
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Any
Trex2012...
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Great house in Nuevo Arenal”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

We stayed here for 4 days at the being of February. It is an absolutely gorgeous house. The views are stunning, birds amazing and the area is great. Almost everything about the house was great. Only negative was the town lost water the last day, but this wasn't the owners fault. Would definitely rent again. It was nice that the owner doesn't rent out the other house when you are there. The only suggestion I would make is that the BBQ area could be improved.
We went to Arenal Canopy walk and enjoyed it. Went to Toad Hall and rented a canoe there which was enjoyable. Tinajas restaurant was very good. Would have liked to have gone to the Gingerbread but didn't realize it is closed Sunday and Monday. Overall an excellent experience.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: The view
Liked least: BBQ area
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
France
Reviewed February 10, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers

TLGTampa
Tampa
“Outstanding Place”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying at La Casita for 3 nights in Nov. There were just 2 of us, so we stayed in the smaller house. It was very easy to book it with Marc. And the caretakers, Jeff & Beth were outstanding. They gave us a lot of good info on the area, and we even booked a kayak tour with them which was a very nice experience.
We thoroughly enjoyed staying at the house. It was the perfect size for us, the decor was very appealing, and the location was beautiful. What a perfect place to enjoy nature. We were awakened by the sound of howler monkeys in the distance each morning around 5:00 which we really enjoyed. The birds around the house are an amazing site. We sat in the chairs on the porch and watched/listened to them every morning and evening. It may have been our favorite times of the day. The lake view was outstanding from the house as were the sunsets.
We also enjoyed being able to have a washer/dryer on site. It was so convenient.
We were not able to get a wi-fi connection unfortunately, but it wasn't a big deal because we were able to get connected at a local restaurant. I'm certain if we had mentioned it to Jeff or Beth, they would have found and fixed the issue.
The town is about a 5 minute drive which was very convenient. There are a few restaurants, 2 banks, 2 small grocery stores and several other assorted businesses. Moya's Place has great pizza. The Gingerbread Restaurant was also excellent, but pricy.
I would highly recommend this rental house. We loved our time there.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view over the lake and the numerous varieties of birds.
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Los Angeles
Reviewed November 21, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Johnbeme
Grand Forks, Canada
“What a View & Paved Road Too!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 for a stay in October 2012

We were booked to stay at La Casita for the month of October 2012.

However, we ended up going to Arenal in the latter part of August. As it happened the owners of La Casita were in residence when we got there. We met them at the Gingerbread Hotel, which is located just below their home.

As a result they invited us to come up and see the place in advance. As stated on their web advertisement, La Casita is actually two separate houses.The lake views are spectacular and the main house has a beautiful open plan. The property has everything two couples or a large family could need.

Not only is the road to their house actually paved, (unlike most in Costa Rica) but they have one of the best restaurants in Costa Rica just a minute or so down the hill from them. The restaurant at the Gingerbread is run by Chef Eyal Ben Menachim and his entrees are made for two people. He is an interesting character and he serves some of the best food we've ever eaten in our travels. By the way, don't ever ask him for salt - he gets kind of cranky.

Anyway, back to our hosts. Marc and Michelle are a great younger couple who are laid back and very congenial. When it turned out that we had to cancel our stay at La Casita, they were very understanding and more than willing to return a reasonable portion of the rent we had paid them.

Bottom line: you can't go wrong with Marc and Michelle or their lovely La Casita!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spacious home, paved road, spectacular views
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing