“Wonderful Casa Grande”
Enchanted Cottage...Secluded
Private Gated Entrance
Beautiful Sunsets
Outdoor Rancho for Gatherings and Bar-B-Q
Have Your Wedding Here...Many have!
High Above the Rain Forrest
Our Pool with a View of Lake Arenal
View from Living Room of  'Casa Grande'
My Son enjoying the Typical Food of Costa Rica
Hike on Our Estate
Entering Our Estate of Villas
My Daughter was Amazed..You will be too!
Unforgetable Family Vacation
One of the Many Hot Springs
Are you ready to FLY through the forest?
My Daughter Could do it...Can you?
Graduation from Rapelling School
Not for the Timid!
I'm so Proud of  Son....You can do it too!
One of many Waterfalls
Frequent Flyer Miles
A Wonderful Time Awaits You
Family of 12 Adults and 9 Children 6 and under
Tom and Maria will be here to Welcome You
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
SharonRic...
Southern Pines, North Carolina
“Beautiful property, bad location, not as advertised.”
Reviewed July 31, 2011 for a stay in July 2011
people found this review helpful

It is hard to write a review of this property, because it WAS a very lovely property, consisting of four houses on a gated estate. The owner was staying in a house on the property, but we only saw him on check in. The rest of the time, we dealt with his wife, who was a lovely person who tried to be helpful. This was to be a vacation for our family, the first for all the family since my husband passed away last December. Tom, the owner, had me in tears with an absolutely horrible note which he wrote because the cleaning people found a few (I think there were four) dishes at the big house which belonged somewhere else. Anyone with eyes could have seen that I brought about $50 worth of plastic dishes, cups, and utensils, and the only reason that some dishes were brought there was that we left very early that morning, and they were put in the dishwasher before we left. It could have been handled much better. Tom sent his wife to apologize, and he later told a member of our party that he didn't like being an owner and wanted to sell the place. Although he might try, he is definitely not a people person. He never apologized to me, and never tried to explain why he chose to side with the maids over the client. I realized that dishes were not to be moved between houses, but we were one family renting four houses, and I assumed that it would be adequate if we simply made sure that everything was back where it belonged when we left. I was obviously wrong.

To add to the problems, the ad gives one the impression that the volcano is visible from the house, which it definitely isn't. I even wrote Tom that I was anxious to sit on the front porch and watch the volcano, and he didn't bother to correct my obvious misimpression. There was no wi-fi available in the houses, as advertised, and the only reliable wi-fi was in the house occupied by the owner. The 24-hour maintenance is not available, unless you consider that maintenance of an item which is broken (the ice maker in the big house) will be fixed two days after you leave, and that counts as "24-hour maintenance". The ad also made it seem that the pool was near the larger house, when it was actually quite far from it, nearer the original house. As a result, even though I took beach towels (none were provided, and we were cautioned NOT to take towels from the houses to the pool), I was not able to use the pool. The road between the houses was narrow and slippery, and simply unsafe for me to walk.

I told Emilce and Balo, our drivers (who were absolutely WONDERFUL, by the way) that I would definitely want to stay nearer the volcano and nearer La Fortuna the next time. We had to drive about an hour and a half minimum one way to get to any of the tours which Maria had kindly booked for us.

To sum it up, the property was lovely, but definitely not as advertised. It might be a recommendation if you wanted to stay there and never leave, but definitely was not a good choice for an active family.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
colorado USA
Reviewed July 31, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Liked best: scenery
Liked least: n/a
Your age range 55-64
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Colorado
Reviewed July 28, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Date of stay: May 2011
Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
CO, USA
Reviewed July 28, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64

Date of stay: April 2011
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing